RegisterDonateLogin

Look sir, Milk!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Movies All Time Order Options
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, January 2, 2018 10:40:04 AM
Groups: Member

1) Empire Strikes Back - Excellent character development, and ends with a great setup for the next film.
2) Revenge of the Sith - A little quick on the draw (with Anakin falling to the Dark Side), but it kind of had to be, ends up just shy of ridiculously quick so I let it pass.
3) A New Hope - a Classic and a pseudo-complete Story if you only ever see 1 SW movie this would be the one.
4) Phantom Menace - I find most complaints about this movie to be superficial. For what it's meant to do (setup the turmoil that leads into the clone wars) it does it excellently
5) Attack of the Clones - The first time seeing Yoda as the mighty Warrior he's said to be in ESB was simply awesome and gives this movie the nod over RotJ in my book.
6) Return of the Jedi - Stormtrooper issues...
7) Force Awakens - Played it safe, but also went a little heavy handed in fandom feel with Rey's illogical mastery of the force (even Anakin needed training). Loses points for that more-of-the-same feel.
8) Clone Wars - Has it's moments, but obviously based on EVERYONE'S lists it's quite forgettable.
9) Rogue One -The ONLY thing it did right was Vader. It should have set the Empire up as a serious threat, but the Imperial navy didn't do crap against the rebellion... except for Vaders ship....
10) The Last Jedi -So many problems with very little consistency with it's predecessor (C-3PO doesn't even have his red arm anymore and it's not like they did a massive time skip between movies Rewatched TFA and when Rey leaves in the Millenium Falcon his arm is gold again.. Seems pointless to have done that but I guess that voids that issue.).
Naarkon
Posted: Wednesday, January 3, 2018 9:23:15 AM

Finally saw The Last Jedi.

1. - The Empire Strikes Back - My favorite moments and characters.
2. - A New Hope - I think it's hard to not rank this one high, since it literally is the reason for all the others.
3. - Rogue One - If you take the Star Wars out of this film, it's still good, which cannot be said about The Force Awakens.
4. - Revenge of the Sith - flawed, but necessary and well-made, with some really epic moments.
5. - Attack of the Clones - super flawed and half the movie is garbage, but the other half is so awesome that I don't even care.
6. - The Last Jedi - So much of this movie was the most awesome Star Wars movie ever made, and so much of it had me actually facepalming and sighing out loud in the theater, but I still liked it.
7. - A Phantom Menace - people like to hate on this because of Jar Jar, but it's actually a not a bad movie.
8. - Return of the Jedi - Ewoks and every part they play in this movie are stupid. They were made to sell plush toys and get kids to like the movie, but not in a unobtrusive way like porgs. I also am not a fan of the pacing, feels a bit rushed and just ties up Empire's lose ends instead of telling it's own story (until the end of the movie).

I haven't seen the Clone Wars movie so I won't rank it, but for the record I enjoyed the Clone Wars series more than several movies on this list.

9. - The Force Awakens - Garbage movie, garbage Star Wars movie. Sit an eight year old in front of a TV, have him watch A New Hope, wait 4 hours, give him a crayon, ask him to retell A New Hope, and you get this.
lifelike
Posted: Thursday, January 4, 2018 3:43:14 AM

1. The Empire Strikes Back
2. A New Hope
3. Rogue One
4. The Last Jedi
5. The Force Awakens
6. The Revenge of the Sith
7. The Return of the Jedi
8. Attack of the Clones
9. The Phantom Menace

All movies have at least a few good scenes. The teaser trailer for TPM was fantastic. I do not remember the details but I think they had the "invasion", "this means war" and "it is time we reveal ourselves to the jedi" quotes plus some awesome droids and scary music. But unfortunately that was almost all of what was worth seeing in that movie. It really belongs with the Ewok movies and not the real canon movies.

I have only seen the first season of Rebels, but I enjoyed it more than several of the movies. If it was a movie I would probably rank it between 5 and 6 in the list above.