RegisterDonateLogin

Choosy Jedi choose Bloo Milk.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

GMY lightsaber throw Options
Jester007
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:16:57 AM
Groups: Member

twinrevans wrote:
Does this mean if you have one or more of your own characters based against the target of LS Throw 3, that you have to attack your own characters, as well as the enemy characters? I understood it as making attacks was a choice, so you could elect who to and who not to attack.

The description for GMY's LST 3 says that you make 1 attack against the target and ALL characters adjacent. Once you choose your target, then you MUST attack everyone that is adjacent to the target (friendly or otherwise). This can, however, benefit you.

If your opponent puts one of their pieces next to someone who is Invisible, you can still attack the Invisible character. As I mentioned before, you can also run up some characters with Self Destruct (Kel Dors are the first to come to mind) right next to the unfortunate victim, Light Saber Throw with Yoda, and possible put an additional 40 damage on the target.

Sincerely,
Jester007
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:42:11 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Jester007 wrote:
twinrevans wrote:
Does this mean if you have one or more of your own characters based against the target of LS Throw 3, that you have to attack your own characters, as well as the enemy characters? I understood it as making attacks was a choice, so you could elect who to and who not to attack.

The description for GMY's LST 3 says that you make 1 attack against the target and ALL characters adjacent. Once you choose your target, then you MUST attack everyone that is adjacent to the target (friendly or otherwise). This can, however, benefit you.

<snipped out>

Sincerely,
Jester007

According to the ruling made in a match I was playing the other night - I was using Vader Unleashed but Throw 5 reads similarly to Throw 3 - you may always choose not to make an attack if you wish. The judge is someone I consider to be VERY knowledgeable.

Just throwing that out there FWIW...
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 6:10:53 AM
Groups: Member

Not with Lightsaber Throw 3/5. You must attack the character and all characters adjacent. The only choice you have after declaring it is what order you wish to attack the characters.

Compare the wording with Djem So and Cleave, which grant an optional attack.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 7:28:21 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

EmporerDragon wrote:
Not with Lightsaber Throw 3/5. You must attack the character and all characters adjacent. The only choice you have after declaring it is what order you wish to attack the characters.

Compare the wording with Djem So and Cleave, which grant an optional attack.

Thanks for the confirmation, I'll be letting the judge in question know. Wink

@Jester007 - wasn't questioning your answer BlooMilk

And after tracking down the Rules Insert / Checklist,
it couldn't be spelled out more clearly Blushing