RegisterDonateLogin

Is a political idealist, not a murderer.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 90 - BUDGET SPACESHIP! Options
shmi15
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 10:14:35 AM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Surf

Lord Ball - It just seems more than Pod should do IMO. I would've been behind a low 20 movement breaker that has self destruct or something when it dies. Cool ability with Angle Bank tho! Kudos tho for being very creative with your design choice.

shmi, now I know few people comment on my stuff, but everybody Except me got a blurb/thoughts? Now Thats just not nice! .....Mellow

I totally meant to go back and do it.... I had everyones pieces up on a Browser tab, was closing them as I went... Completely forgot to go back and comment on yours Blushing

Epic fail by me Sad
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 2:14:24 PM

LB, extra points for a very different type of huge, and love that it can go through 1 wide spaces. Feels very phantom menace podracer N64 game haha.

Gandalf, a few different fighter variants this week but this one is my absolute favourite. You really cleaned up the special abilities and created a truly unique Huge that gets around some of the huge's biggest weakness squads (superstealth, GMA shooters) so fantastic work here.

Surf, Cloud Cars! Love the classic theme, accuracy and cheapest huge goes to you. Excellent work here.

Alex, Use the force is fantasic and simple thematic add to this X-wing and solid addition to the huges.

Jen'ari, another awesome starfighter. Did you and Alex coordinate? Because such a sweet combination of Father and Son New Hope themed battle. And yours and his would have made awesome huges in a same set.

Shmi, Another great addition here! Air Approach helps compensate for the huge's natural size-based flaws and Poe being able to fly into the reactor on Starkiller Base makes it very thematic. If anyone could fly inside of a building a strafe ground trooops it's Poe. Awesome job.

Swine, too bad you never got around to updating this, I love the literal flanking but just doesn't mesh well with the other huge beasties and maybe that's why it feels like it's missing just one thing to push it into fully completed for me.

CHS, a very different angle on huges going the living route, and super cool job.

Blem, a ground-based huge with flight is another fresh angle and I like the GMA/Stealth/triple on this guy. Very different for a huge.

Spry, another great thematic piece! Excellent, simple and accurate.

You guys are killing me this week, every entry is so good, so different, fits the theme perfectly and is simple and refined. I literally would vote for each and every one of these if I could, but alas I'll try to pick three.

3rd Surf, You truly captured the cheap huge support ship here. And classic movie love!
2nd LB, if for no other reason than Podracer Nostalgia and the great execution of it.
1st Gandalf, this is just so different from anything else out there that I can't help but not choose it. And really takes me back to my NJO Vong roots. Great stuff

blemelisk
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 2:16:08 PM

1: Swinefeld: So much flanking, so little time :P
2: Spry: Yea i like this, its a decent rep of a pre xwing with Mara controlling it.
3: GG: You have given us something to carry around the Ghost Crew in on the board!
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 2:56:13 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

3 gandalf

2 GG

1 Surf

I'm assuming here that Gandalf came in 1st and has 3 points?

Also same question, more for overall scoring because I'm nestled in the middle hahaha
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 4:02:47 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
..... and cheapest huge goes to you. Excellent work here.

.... did you think it Wouldn't be the cheapest ... and non-unique RollEyes
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 4:09:01 PM

Thoughts as I get home and can actually think .... hopefully by bedtime tonight.

LB - Pod Racer. Sometimes we change things so much with suggestions that I can't remember where/how it all started. Still think its an interesting idea.

Gandalf Stealth X. See LB's comments. Also, you changed it around so much I cost it at 47, which is out of the contest price range.

Alex - Luke's X-Wing. Well after all the changes I costed it at 44 so close enough. Not sure about Penetration but that's just nitpicking ...

jen - Vader's Tie. Closer to 45 but close enough. Still not sure about Focused, but compares/feels more like Vader than compared to Lukes feeling like Lukes ship.

shmi Poe's ship. Lowered cost, still like Mobile over Approach ....

swine - Dactillion. Still kinda messy; really wish you'd cleaned it up, but the rant was needed and had a higher priority. Cheers.

CHS - Basiliskan. Still seems like its got a lot for the points, and it doesn't specifically say how you can "defeat" the rider, only that the riders defeated if you kill it ... not sure I like that. The rider should be more vulnerable .....

Blem - Skinner. An Imperial, with GMA, Speed 10, Reduction, Stealth, and Triple ... and only costs 35. Hmmmm ... a liltle too much and did I mention its Imperial (who Don't need cheap pieces.)

GG - Ghost Shuttle. 6 guys shooting out of an open doorway .... maybe one character per round ....

spry - Z95. Still not sure about Mounted on a flying ship, and Shilds 2 sounds excessive on an older snub fighter. Could have avoided that last bit with a flavor text about Mara flying a "Modified" snub fighter ....

CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 4:14:22 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:

CHS - Basiliskan. Still seems like its got a lot for the points, and it doesn't specifically say how you can "defeat" the rider, only that the riders defeated if you kill it ... not sure I like that. The rider should be more vulnerable .....

here is mounts wording

This character can transport 1 Small or Medium ally who ends their move adjacent to it. Remove that ally from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, have cover, and are considered adjacent to it. They can make attacks, counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is also defeated; save 6.

The bold part leads me to believe that you can still target the character being mounted correct?
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 5:46:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

here is mounts wording

This character can transport 1 Small or Medium ally who ends their move adjacent to it. Remove that ally from the battle grid; they move simultaneously with this character, have cover, and are considered adjacent to it. They can make attacks, counting distance from this character. A transported ally can return to the battle grid immediately before your first activation of the round. If this character is defeated, the transported ally is also defeated; save 6.

The bold part leads me to believe that you can still target the character being mounted correct?

Yes, the rider is the same distance as the mount, but it has cover, when that would matter for Stealth or whatever.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 6:30:15 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I decided to take a hiatus from Bloo after getting a bit riled up the other night.

I'll try to look over the entries and vote by the time surf does. I need to catch up on some other stuff, so if not, my apologies, and kudos to all for fun, fresh ideas and solid work.

My entry is incomplete, but is what it is for now. Thanks all for your comments, and surprisingly, some votes! Smile
I intend to work on it further and I welcome anyone's input when I get back to it.

cheers BlooMilk
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:13:35 PM

3rd Place - Jen. Feels like Vader to me.

2nd Place Alex. Not Quite, but close to Luke .....

ist Place - LB. Pod Racer; fascinating idea. Not sure I'd use it, buts kinda like Jar Jar in that it could have its uses.

surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:15:10 PM

swinefeld wrote:
I decided to take a hiatus from Bloo after getting a bit riled up the other night.

As I tell my friends on occassion, "Relax, it's a Game."

Be Well,

surf
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:46:52 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Be Well,

surf

Truth Surf. And sorry for any stress I added with my crusade hahaha. But this is the chill part of SWM community, only respect, ideas and cooperation here.
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, February 5, 2018 7:50:02 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Be Well,

surf

Truth Surf. And sorry for any stress I added with my crusade hahaha. But this is the chill part of SWM community, only respect, ideas and cooperation here.

No stress here amigo, I was refering to swine-e. I don't always speak outside the forum, but I do peek at other threads and I try to avoid the occassional bickering at the pay grades far above my own. Don't shoot me, I'm just the cardmaker ......Cool
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 4:42:51 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
LB - Pod Racer. Sometimes we change things so much with suggestions that I can't remember where/how it all started. Still think its an interesting idea.

The one thing I changed the most was just the stat line (which I was just spitballing anyway). The fundementals of the design (Melee, Strafe, Jolt) were always intact. Other than the base stats there was swapping MW for Machinery, but in all reality they meant the exact same thing gameplay-wise due to Melee.
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:34:05 AM

Has everyone voted?
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:49:34 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

3 gandalf

2 GG

1 Surf

No man, you came 1st with 3 points!
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 8:52:49 AM

AlexTheGreat wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
AlexTheGreat wrote:

3 gandalf

2 GG

1 Surf

No man, you came 1st with 3 points!

Ahhh ... all is clear now. I think that puts me in first and the winner with 10 pts, with swine at 9 and Blem at 8?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 9:02:19 AM

Congrats Surf! And good week everyone, lots of excellent ideas and well executed. Easily best week yet.