RegisterDonateLogin

You must drink what you think is right, of course.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 91 - Support or Tech Options
jen'ari
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 4:08:39 PM
Groups: Member

^^^^ being left out feels really badCrying

<<<<<<<<<< means the last page
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 4:20:50 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

jen'ari wrote:
^^^^ being left out feels really badCrying

<<<<<<<<<< means the last page

blasted! sorry man, I'm dumb. I copied your post, edited, and forgot to add you back in, lol. Will edit BlooMilk
swinefeld
Posted: Sunday, February 11, 2018 7:25:48 PM

Alright, here goes...

3. Spry (Rangers are a 'subfaction' that should be mostly self-supporting)

2. GG (Huge disadvantages still persist, and you didn't nerf basing them with fodder, so Overwatch is balanced)

1. jak (glaringly obvious reasons)

So much fun stuff, so many ties for 2rd, then a few voting booth doubts (more comments in character threads as I find time) BlooMilk
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 5:53:58 AM

Since I wasn't able to get around to commenting on the entries.

jen'ari - The restriction of not moving in order to gain accurate definitely helps to avoid potential abuse even with the unintended extensive list of recipients.

CHS - Force link wording is off (takes the LS part, though intent is clear enough), biggest issue is it seems pointless as it's not designed to be reused without Lightsaber Holder, so why not just have the bonus FP be granted by the ability as well?

surf - Crew Serviced weapon needs some adjustments. If the intent is to future-proof it from using 2 replaces attacks abilities, then that needs clarification as a replaces attacks ability is usually not the same thing as an attack.

Shmi - Interesting piece, Sith Reserves would help it find table time, other than that I won't rub anymore dirt into your wound.

swine - MR3 might be a bit much, but they were long poles so maybe not. Goad is pretty great though! An excellent upgrade.

Alex - Maybe Slave Leia can get a layer of dust brushed off her just for S&Gs! I really can't say much that hasn't been said.

Spry - I was looking to see what other Antarian rangers there were... I'd much rather use this guy than the "Tactical Soldier" well done!

GG - I have to say I am confused by Overwatch, as it seems that you have to give up your turn to potentially make an attack on your opponents turn (since it's based off their movement). An interesting idea, but ultimately it's so easy to avoid triggering (if starting in LoS, just don't move) that I don't think it'll actually help much in the end.

jak - now that is a cool upgrade, and fitting for a czerka.

blem - A lot going on and again not much I can say that hasn't been said.

NewGuy - as a Command "Tower" I was kind of hoping to see it as a Large Base, overall it would actually be a great benefit for the Non Jedi OR, not likely to really change the faction at all, but could make it a lot more fun in casual play (I hate Bastilla, JM!)

1 spry
2 jak
3 Newguy
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:12:10 PM

3 spry

2 swinefeld

1 GG
blemelisk
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 2:13:35 PM

1: GG, with this you put huge pieces on the maps again. I approve.
2: spry, a VERY useful character in any of the Republics
3: Surf, you made a cool support soldier. I like it!

Runner up: NewGuy, I really like the tower and its ability and purpose. But for a building I just wish it had DR 10. But I do like it otherwise! BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 6:05:26 PM

First off apologies for lack of commenting this week, got caught up in some early week craziness then son was sick and followed by work. But there were some excellent pieces here.

Jen'ari, pretty powerful upgrade, double Saber dart/flamethrower could be pretty crazy, but I mean if Tarpals can hand it out, and stronger I don't see a huge issue. And nice to see only a couple abilities on a piece!

CHS, another crazy outside the box idea, really like it! Only thing is it's borderline got too many abilities. And wonder if any of them could have been combined.

Shmi, very different direction for a Bane. And there is precedence for the slew of Palpatines we have but can't see bringing this guy in any Sith squad unless you knew for sure you were going up against a holocron in the enemy squad. If the Sith get a reinforcements piece, then this guy jumps way up in usefulness. But cool idea for a thematic holocron counter

Swine, I think your original version had less abilities which probably would have been better as this guy has a lot going on. I think I would have dropped beast handler for empathy and dropped static pike for simplicity. All that being said Goad is incredible and can we please get this guy in the game?? Would be such a good, thematic and needed boost for large and huge beasts! Solid design and that alone makes this piece one of my favourites, Huges for life!

Alex, super tricky one for me to rate because it's incredibly fitting theme but I think combined with Hera that it's too strong of a boost for the Ghost crew who are already an incredibly solid if not the best Rebel subfaction. Maybe if it was more expensive? But then it wouldn't fit the week's challenge. Torn here for sure.

Spry, yes! Love it! Super good job here brother and love he new ability!

LB, interesting new astromech choice, seems a little on the aggressively costed side for the crazy powerful ability decipher is in the NR, but I think the low HP offsets it fairly well.

Jak, great thematic fix for heavy weapon!

Blem, I think you could have trimmed an ability or two for simplicities sake. Also I think this guy is way outclassing any other reinforcements choice with the combo of powerful abilities. Feels like Aves but at less than half the cost.

Newguy, welcome back! And normally not a fan of disruptive, especially on cheap pieces as this guy is an auto-include in the OR for easy gambit getting/disruptive. But I think what Swine said about the booming working against the disruptive is very true and helps balance the character some.

Surf, pretty cool indirect fire piece and very new angle for the game.

3rd New Guy
2nd CHS
1st Spry
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 9:08:18 PM

Still waiting on Jak and New guy
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:33:14 PM

NewGuy117 wrote:
1. CHS
2. Surf
3. LB

NG voted already
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 10:48:37 PM

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
NewGuy117 wrote:
1. CHS
2. Surf
3. LB

NG voted already

Is it just Jak then? I feel like we are two voters short
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, February 12, 2018 11:25:28 PM

I don't think surf has voted yet
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:01:34 AM

swinefeld wrote:
I don't think surf has voted yet

Ah there is is then, well we can check in the morning and tally it up
shmi15
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 9:26:36 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
NewGuy117 wrote:
1. CHS
2. Surf
3. LB

NG voted already

Is it just Jak then? I feel like we are two voters short

I didn't vote because I didn't meet the CCC requirements :(
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 12:00:24 PM

Anyone can vote Shmi even people that don't submit, and it's all good I think what you made qualified
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, February 13, 2018 5:58:11 PM

Alright I think we are well past deadline. Tallied it up and looks like I narrowly edged out a win over spry with 11 points for me and 10 for spry. Jak and CHS deadlocked for 3rd at 8 points so very close. Great week and lots of really out there and new support characters! Great job!

I'll come up with a new topic and post ASAP