RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo Milk, there is no try.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 115 - Non-Unique Mount/Vehicle Options
jen'ari
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 10:45:14 AM
Groups: Member

Create a non-unique mount/vehicle that does not do anything until someone gets on it (this will require a special ability of your making). The only other requirement is the piece has to have the SA "Mount" or "Vehicle" on it so the character can get off of it.

In essence: a piece can do something to get on the piece designed, move around while on it, do whatever it can do, and than get off the piece as well.

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, July 218th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, July 30th, 2018.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.

Gentlemen, start you engines.
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 11:48:32 AM

No way. I literally was planning to make a CCC that required the "Mount SA" if I won. I've even made an entry already with a SA that does exactly that.

This may not be my entry, but I thought it was too cool not to share. Great minds, man.

Backwater Speeder Bike
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 12:15:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33246/swoop-bike

The swoop bike. I ultimately feel the mechanics work, but heavy handed. A single, smoother designed special ability may be better than trying to stack all the existing SA's on the card to replicate the un-piloted machine.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, July 24, 2018 7:13:57 PM

shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 11:13:13 AM

jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, July 25, 2018 12:17:09 PM

Loved GG's idea to help a faction with limited movement breakers. So I present the Separatist Stap-2.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/33251/stap-2
Oakel
Posted: Friday, July 27, 2018 3:19:10 PM

Here is my final entry. I wanted to play with mount a bit more, and I hope you will accept the Mount substitute of Enclosed Mount. I like the idea of this helping to bring a strong character into the fight, or giving a moderately strong character some survivability, or even placing a normally weak commander inside.

Shamelessly borrowing from Shmi to boost the character with a Pilot... imitation is the greatest form of flattery, right? ;)

Carnelion IV Mech
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 4:55:33 AM

1. General grievous

2. Adambound

3. Oakel

I really enjoyed seeing these and think they have a place in the game, ability to get on and off is fun. Could even use it to run away, run over to the bike, bike activates and flies 24 away haha.
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 6:05:31 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1 jen'ari
2 Oakel
3 General_Grievous

shmi15
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 8:29:26 AM

1. Adambound
2. Oakel
3. Jenari
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 9:12:46 AM

Adam, points for simplicity and effectiveness, very Dash Rendar Shadows of the Empire feel to it haha.

Shmi, still feels like a lot going on here and probably could have combined a couple abilities. But skilled Rider is a great idea to boost up pilots thematically.

Jen, awesome minds think alike haha. Only issue is not being able to activate at all unless someone is mounted. I wonder if it should be worded differently to mesh with rules, but that's a Swine thing to consider. Otherwise solid and needed piece.

Oakel, mechwarrior suit! Awesome! Also extra points for going a different route than all of our speeder bikes. Still think you should drop machinery as it's currently redundant with mounted weapon. But good job!

3rd Jen
2nd Adam
1st Oakel
Oakel
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 4:23:32 PM

Late to the party, sorry folks. Life and all that. For the first two entries, the characteristic of the vehicle taking on the rider's stats is cool, and worries me somewhat on a gameplay level.

1st. Jen - Simplicity and could be quite deadly in the right hands.

2nd GG - Excellent solution to a vong problem, with a solid and creative foundation. I don't know enough about the vong lore to know how Cognition Hood and Dovan Basal fit. I'll admit that is more my lack of knowledge limiting this piece from first than your design.

3rd. Shmi - I like the idea of the unit being piloted by a skilled character making it stronger, as well as the usability by either team. It might take some playtesting to balance, but the point is I would enjoy playtesting it.

Adam, I really like the idea of the unit a cover element when not mounted. I feel like it is a clear and simple representation, if a little thematically dull.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 4:34:36 PM

I believe Oakel and I tied.

I defer to Oakel to post the next one.

I know I was the CCC designer, but I really do think that "idea" could benefit some factions with a movement breaker that is unique. The Vong need it.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, July 30, 2018 7:34:03 PM

Agreed Jen, good idea and not being biased but I would love to see the Vong get the Swoop Analog or something similar. Also congrats Oakel! Post up the next one!
Oakel
Posted: Tuesday, July 31, 2018 8:05:34 AM

Thanks guys! Working on an idea. I'll post up shortly.

In all fairness, I think the tie would go to Jen, as he got more first place votes than I did. :)