RegisterDonateLogin

Makes you stronger, gives you focus...

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 148 - Outnumbered Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 7:17:53 AM
Groups: Member

In line with the theme of last week to help new players I have another interesting challenge. Activations in this game are key, more is almost always better and many of the tournament winning builds have lots of swarm fodder. And while it has always been a part of our game, I've never much liked the theme of having mighty Sith Lords have to bring a bunch of mouse droids or ugnaughts.

So the challenge this week is to build a piece that helps your squad survive and even thrive against being out-activated.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sun, April 14th, 2019 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, April 15th, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, April 9, 2019 9:33:16 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35657/memit-nadill

Memit and his fellow Jedi made a valiant stand against an overwhelming Sith force during the Battle of Coruscant. Venku Skirata's commander effect seemed like a good, simple counter to being out-activated, so I reused it on Memit.
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, April 10, 2019 5:25:49 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, April 12, 2019 9:44:11 PM

My entry to help out some of the more costly Separatist pieces:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35683/battle-droid-shied-technician
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 12:52:55 AM

1. GG

2. adamb0nd
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 5:15:19 AM

1. Gandalf
2. GG
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 1:34:17 PM

2nd Gandalf
1st Adam
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, April 15, 2019 7:50:52 PM

Three way tie! Haha Adam or Gandalf you want this week? Unless we all want to shout out one characteristic each and design based on that?

If we choose the latter, I say:
-Oceanic/Water-dwelling
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:28:39 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Unless we all want to shout out one characteristic each and design based on that?

-Oceanic/Water-dwelling

Sure. Though honestly I think just that by itself is a good premise for a CCC, we probably don't need to add further specifications.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 12:55:54 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Unless we all want to shout out one characteristic each and design based on that?

-Oceanic/Water-dwelling

Sure. Though honestly I think just that by itself is a good premise for a CCC, we probably don't need to add further specifications.

Alright fair enough haha. I can post it up tomorrow if Adam agrees or has another thought.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, April 16, 2019 4:26:51 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

-Oceanic/Water-dwelling

Alright fair enough haha. I can post it up tomorrow if Adam agrees or has another thought.

Have at it