RegisterDonateLogin

Do not defy the Bloo Milk, Master, not again.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 157 - Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen Options
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 9:01:07 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

This week, the challenge is to design a custom character who provides a movement breaker for the Sith faction. It's one area that the Sith are weak in compared to other factions, and I'd like to see your ideas to bring them up to (their) speed.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sun, June 16, 2019 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Sunday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, June 17, 2019.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 9:12:47 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35896/darth-tyranus--sith-master

Here's my entry. In designing him I was thinking specifically about his portrayal in the Star Wars: Republic comic series, where he used his Dark Jedi as minions to accomplish specific missions. He also tested them against each other- for example, on one occasion, Quinlan Vos and Tol Skorr were sent separately to retrieve the same holocron for him. It's probably about time we had a Sith Dooku anyway.
kiki
Posted: Monday, June 10, 2019 10:14:07 PM
Groups: Member

AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 5:11:18 AM

Guys that's one of a few times I've made a high costed piece, please be gentle!!!!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/35886/darth-revan--dark-lord-of-the-sith
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, June 11, 2019 9:40:57 AM

General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 6:35:38 AM

spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, June 15, 2019 9:15:31 AM

spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 8:41:20 PM

1. Gandalf
2. GG
3. Kiki
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Sunday, June 16, 2019 9:12:07 PM

1. spryguy1981- Double Intuition for Tenebrous and/or Cognus is pretty cool, not to mention Sith Bastila being able to move 18 squares with Andeddu, Int. and Surprise Move. The rest of the character fits his theme in Legacy perfectly as well.

2. adamb0nd- Force Pull for Sith is cool, and costed appropriately here. Looks pretty thematic as well.

3. GG- I like the concept very much, though there might be ways to abuse it- a Sith with Damage Reduction like Vader of Scarif could build up heaps of Force points while using it as a 200 HP meat shield, and then crush the opponent's squad after it dies. Or Caedus with VCA6 from Vergere could Flow walk and SBM a ton, etc. But I think it's really cool anyway.
kiki
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 12:55:48 AM

1. adam

2. gandalf

3. GG
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 11:06:14 AM

1. GG
2. Gandalf
3. Alex
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 11:58:56 AM

Gandalf, interesting CE just trying to understand how it works, so they have to be adjacent to an enemy to begin with? Or is it that they have to both end against the same enemy? And if there is no enemy they cannot move right? If it's the latter like I think then this is really cool and creative way to charge in.

Kiki, wow now that is a Palpatine. He's a bit on the wordy side and you probably could have dropped MAP for simplicity without losing much. But there are some really cool ideas here. Interesting moving and enemy and an ally and I imagine that would open up to some falling into pits shenanigans for the enemy. It's very different though and strong. Nice interpretation! Only other little thing is currently by bringing this guy you don't get to bring one of the two amazing movement breakers available to the Sith as another Palpatine.

Alex, the CE is tested and true which is great for simplicity. Probably would have liked Force Attuned on the card but it would increase the already heavy word-space. Form VI mastery could even be simplified to just the second part but I see why you have it like it is. I think that is the only ability I would polish up or change but otherwise solid stuff. Character-wise same as Kiki where if you bring his guy you can't bring the currently very strong movement-breaking Revan in the Sith.

Adam, a simpler entry with a cool effect. It may be trickier to pull off Force Pull when you have savage though especially because if you had to move to be adjacent then your only target would be someone you are already adjacent too.

Spry, a survival and movement breaker in one. Nice boosts and solid job.

3rd Alex
2nd Gandalf
1st Spry
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 12:37:14 PM

1 GG

2 Adam

3 Spry
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 12:46:26 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Gandalf, interesting CE just trying to understand how it works, so they have to be adjacent to an enemy to begin with? Or is it that they have to both end against the same enemy? And if there is no enemy they cannot move right? If it's the latter like I think then this is really cool and creative way to charge in.

It's the latter.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:02:28 PM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

It's the latter.

Awesome I figured so, makes more sense and it's pretty cool CE. Reminds me of the Republic comics where Dooku's acolytes are first seen
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:08:50 PM

Super close Week, Gandalf and I are tied at 9, just ahead of Spry and Adam at 7. With two first place votes it looks like it goes to my Watcher. Well thank you very much and cool to see some different ideas out there and some strong representations of classic characters. I'll post up the next one shortly!
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, June 17, 2019 3:17:52 PM

Congrats GG! Looking forward to seeing what you come up with for the next challenge.