RegisterDonateLogin

Prevents AT-STs from falling over.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Star Wars Miniatures: Campaign Edition 1.3 Options
Mando
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:17:54 AM
Groups: Member

Thanks Kezza for making this more available and also spreading the word about this aspect of Star Wars mini's. I used to play this a lot back in the day with Fool (aka Steve) and a couple of others, and we had a blast playing it. It really is a good system and i really enjoyed it.
Chargers
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 6:53:37 AM

Awesome work there, Kez! I've used CE with my boys in the past and we enjoyed it. Great to see an update. And glad that you're part of the SWM community and the continued efforts you put into the game.
DonStamos
Posted: Wednesday, September 24, 2014 9:52:13 PM

jak wrote:
I'm sure what ever the play group decides will work.
RPG's are more flexible when it comes to rules

"Sorry, what did you say? Did you mention the rules? Now, listen. A bit of advice: tell me the truth if you think you know it, lay down the law if you're feeling brave, but, Daleks, never ever tell me the rules!"

Just couldn't help myself. :P
jak
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 1:31:59 PM

the link isn't working anymoreCrying , help
kezzamachine
Posted: Saturday, August 8, 2015 3:05:22 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

donnyrides
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 6:30:39 PM

I've been GM for 2 campaigns now using the swm CE rules and we've house ruled a few things. We've had a FANTASTIC time with it. My Neighbor and his 2 sons and my son are the players and I'm the GM. Our first campaign took a group of your Jedi on a journey seeking out a rumor of ancient sith teachings on Dromand Kaas.

The second campaign brought together 4 bounty hunters who each received a strange message to meet a client. They were offered a very hefty reward for the assassination of a high ranking intelligence officer at a powerful weapons research corporation. What seemed like a simple hit turned into a spiral of mystery and deceit.

I love this way of playing. maybe even more than the actual real minis.

I look forward to sifting through the new PDF.
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, August 10, 2015 9:01:28 PM

Wow amazing work on 1.3! I just read through it all and as a GM for dozens of campaigns (and that too is the most favourite play style up here) I am really excited to utilize this new material and look forward to whatever future CE updates come out, having all of the Starshop Battles pieces and regularly using them in single player games I think that would be a sweet version to combine with the standard CE. X-Wing I still haven't got into but it looks awesome as well. Great job
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 4:37:53 AM

Thanks a ton Kezza for your hard work on this! I've had a blast playing Star Wars CE in the past with Fool (aka Steve) as well as a few others from the old days. Glad to see a lot of other people love playing this also! It is really a cool system.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 5:12:06 AM

I must have missed something.

how do you determine how many feats the characters get??
donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, August 11, 2015 6:03:42 AM

Jak: each class has it's own set of rules for how many feats it can have. At each level a character can take a combination of as many as 2 feats /FP, BUT a character cannot take more than 3 feats between 2 levels. For example: Steve the jedi at level 1 takes 1 feats and 1 force power each of level 4 or lower. At level 2 Steve the jedi can only take 1 feat or force power.

The begging of the document, maybe around page 14 or so starts to show each classes structure for max feats, force powers and stat caps.

Feats are ok from what i've seen, but a lot of the force powers will require a "at the GM's discretion" approach. I have learned to outlaw direct unavoidable damage force powers. My players found that Force Lighting was a valid power for a lightside character and they combined it with Force Renewal and every turn was just them zapping weak enemies and then ganging up on the strong ones. As a GM this became very annoying because I was modifying my minions to take more damage but in doing so I was raising their cost value and my players were leveling really fast.

Sorry, kind of got off on a tangent but the bottom line is follow the "no more than 3 between 2 levels" rule and stay away from direct unavoidable damage like lightning and flamethrower.
MidichlorianCount
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2020 6:19:04 PM

Just stumbled upon this way too many years late, but cannot find a link to SWM:CE anywhere that still works. Could I get some help, please?
kezzamachine
Posted: Tuesday, May 19, 2020 3:33:31 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Righto!

Here is the link to the Star Wars Miniatures: Campaign Edition .pdf that I compiled using the system devised by Fool/aka Steve. I took all of the materials that he had written and adding them into one document. Here 'tis:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/t90kubsy2lhc1sk/SWM.CE.pdf?dl=0

So... after this, I started working on a new updated version of this and it started to become its own beast so I named it Star Wars Adventure Gaming (or SWAG for short) and created this:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/lobf8hvngd6s8ab/Star%20Wars%20Adventure%20Gaming.pdf?dl=0
It is essentially a revamp of the old SWM:CE, but redone with all the new SWM Abilities AS WELL AS bringing in X-Wing too! It took fo' ages and was a real labour of love. Here too are the Gaming Sheets that you use for your characters:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/787q4dis4xurey7/Star%20Wars%20Adventure%20Gaming%20Sheets.pdf?dl=0
The only issue with it is that I didn't get it finished! I was still writing the rules for how to level up your characters. My intention was to bring in a lot of the wider gameplay ideas from SWM:CE as well... so if you know the SWM:CE stuff, you can combine it with the newer SWAG stuff.

Well... the reason I never finished SWAG was because I started working on SWAG2.0! Y'see, I really wanted to bring in more of the idea that you can develop through Abilities. I'm currently using the SWAG2.0 system with two separate gaming groups and its bloody good fun. (I'm also using heaps of Star Wars Saga Edition stuff for background rules - but all my character work is the SWM-based SWAG2.0.) The only problem with SWAG2.0 is that I haven't yet written up rules around how to make it work apart from a basic word doc with the how-to:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/hntmhuvt1ib2itj/Make%20a%20Character%20Using%20SWAG.pdf?dl=0
This is the SWAG2.0 Character Sheet (which is fully .pdf editable):
https://www.dropbox.com/s/033aw0eck58iq9n/SWAG%20Character%20Sheets.pdf?dl=0
...and here are all the Ability Cards and other things you might need:
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oo1rftcr4me4a5f/AAC8ZsUhHzMncRFLZ5dXk0fha?dl=0

And... the reason I haven't finished SWAG2.0 (apart from updating my YouTube Channel that you should subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/user/kezzamachine), finishing my second novel, releasing my latest album (https://therocklords.bandcamp.com/album/the-regression-suite), and playing a bunch of SWM/X-Wing/Armada/SWAG, is because I've started to work on SWAG3.0... sorry, I got an idea and its really fun...

Anyhoo. Enjoy! and sing out if you have any questions!
MidichlorianCount
Posted: Wednesday, May 20, 2020 2:20:08 AM

So much more info than I was expecting. Thanks! Can't wait to try it all out.