RegisterDonateLogin

I'm Mon Mothma, and I approve this website.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 200 - A New Way to Play Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 4, 2020 12:59:05 PM
Groups: Member

Wow 200 weeks now. This has been a pretty epic journey so far and some awesome creative ideas and fun with designing over the years. How to commemorate the big 200? I thought of simply a 200 point piece or a dream piece or redoing a classic character. But no I think I’m going to push the biggest challenge I can think of and this weeks challenge is to create a whole new style of play. We have swarms, beatsticks, and strafers (the classic rock, paper, scissors) reserves and out-activate and swap for more specific styles. So the challenge today is to create a whole new style of play. Whether that’s through a sample of that style, or the commander that creates it but create a new way to play the game and for fun name it.
And most of all have fun.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sunday, December 13th, 2020 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Sunday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Monday, December 14th, 2020.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 9:10:59 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I'm in... BlooMilk
Not sure if this is what you'd consider "A New Way to Play", but it's something I've put together from some added "house rules" we used to use back in the day.

Midichlorians (The Force)
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, December 8, 2020 6:55:34 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39155/ugnaught-engineer

Now you can think and play outside the box
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 6:57:11 AM

GG, you got a last minute submission?
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 8:16:50 AM

Here is my submission, an older one but I love the idea of just bringing a single character, a super rock if you will and creating an almost scenario looks way of play.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/18533/abeloth
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 8:45:05 AM

Tough choice. I actually just read about Abeloth for the first time this week. I like the concept of a single epic piece army in standard. However, I think The Force wins this round as being more outside the box and a bigger change to the play style. It almost would be a like a 2.0 template for the game.

1. imyurhukaberry
2. General Grievous
General_Grievous
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2020 11:17:08 PM

2nd Adam, really appreciate the simplicity here in contrast with our perhaps too compelled pieces but I don’t feel like it changes the game enough
1st IYH, I think you have a really interesting idea here, force battle is about the only one I’d tweak but it looks pretty good and I like that it helps enemies too.
adamb0nd
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 5:34:16 AM

Good work All. imyurhukaberry, it's your turn to come up with and post ccc 201.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 6:19:55 AM

I just realized I didn't vote...I would have went Adam-GG. Adam because being able to open up walls would change the dynamic of the game in WHICH squads would be played...but in the end it might have made the meta too restricting?
GG's idea is, as it was put, more towards scenario play. Kind of like the AT-AT character when it came out.

As for my idea, it was partly some old house rules we played with (non-DCI games anyway) and then a dash of new to fit the criteria of this challenge.

I will come up with something for Episode 201 here soon.
When should I post it by? Friday?
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, December 15, 2020 8:59:21 AM

You could probably safely make it a two week time limit so post up as soon as you can and run it until the 28
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, December 20, 2020 4:42:43 PM

I'm thirsty for the bloo