RegisterDonateLogin

Let the Bloo Milk win.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 222 - A Melee Master Options
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 12:01:57 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Melee pieces aren't top tier. A few (gowk, zannah) can survive a bit but are generally viewed as an NPE. So what can be done? You tell me! Make a competitive melee pieces, designed to make a real splash in game play.

1. The character must be canonical to either of the Canon or Legends continuities but must be from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Saturday June 19, 2021 @8pm EDT to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm Saturday evening and end at 11pm EDT on Sunday June 20th.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 12:10:31 PM
Groups: Member

This looks interesting. How do I "make" a piece?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 12:40:13 PM

Use the customs menu here on bloomilk if you like. Or just post a stat block directly into the forum. Or, if you're ambitious, find a card template and create a card for it. Then post the image.
Udorian84
Posted: Monday, June 14, 2021 1:24:35 PM

Maul Opress

Unique
Melee Attack
Twin Attack
Member of the Dark: This character cannot be in an Old Republic, Republic, Rebel, or New Republic squad.
Camaraderie: An ally whose name contains Opress gains Stifling Attack.
Advantageous Attack
No Escape: Adjacent enemies cannot be swapped by enemy abilities or commander effects. When an adjacent enemy moves away from this character, this character and the enemy move up to 6 squares simultaneously At the end of the move, if the enemy moves further than adjacency this character may make an immediate attack against the enemy.
Riposte: When this character makes a lightsaber defense save against an adjacent enemy, make a save of 11. On a success, this character can make an immediate attack against the attacker.
Stealth

Force Powers
Force 2
Force Renewal 1
Counter Pull Force 2: Range 12: When this character is hit by an attack from a nonadjacent enemy move that enemy 6 squares towards this character
Lightsaber Defense
Master Speed
Sith Rage

Commander Effect
An ally whose name contains Opress may be in a squad with this character regardless of faction.

ArgonNaito
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 7:25:42 AM

Do we make someone that fights in melee is very strong at it, survives, deals damage etc, or as long as it simply has the Melee Attack special ability it doesn't matter how it plays and what its usage?
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 11:26:03 AM

Hey guys!! Been too long since the last time I checked in. Love this weeks CCC! Here's my entry, personal all time favorite:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/30840/ahsoka-tano--legacy-of-the-force
adamb0nd
Posted: Wednesday, June 16, 2021 1:11:10 PM

ArgonNaito wrote:
Do we make someone that fights in melee is very strong at it, survives, deals damage etc, or as long as it simply has the Melee Attack special ability it doesn't matter how it plays and what its usage?

Melee attack, highly competitive, and not an NPE are the only restrictions.
adamb0nd
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 10:50:29 AM

Udorian84
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 12:15:56 PM

Took a while, but I got it.
I changed Stifling Attack to Overwhelming Power since that seems to fit better.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/39686/maul-opress
General_Grievous
Posted: Thursday, June 17, 2021 1:09:36 PM

adamb0nd
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2021 7:48:46 AM

Great to see a handful of entries this week, and good to see you Alex.

Bump as a reminder in case anyone else wants to take a crack.
ArgonNaito
Posted: Friday, June 18, 2021 7:56:43 AM

ArgonNaito
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 1:03:26 PM

Well I was just saying last week we dodn't get many entries and here we are having more people in this ccc. Nice.
Let's kickstart the voting...

Adam your Luke is truly powerful, heavy stats, lots force points, but Defense Expert is really the best part. I believe it gives too much survivability. Comparing it to the piece I made this week proved that also, since while it could potentially deal up to 100 damage on a single turn, with defense expert in worst chase scenario you can potentially lower it to just 40.

We all went pretty heavy so seeing a cheaper option is good. With the devotion the Yuuzhan Fanatic has at least a couple of big turns making attacks on the front line, taking the focus off other pieces. Maybe give him Distraction? I think it would make him more powerful since he will already be among enemy pieces and also make him even more of a target which is his base gimmick.

Maul is always my favorite. Counter Pull is a very good ability, but I like No Escape even better. Good control and movement options.

I think we have pieces like Ashoka, so I would like to see a more unique touch to her SPs. Also I think she could cost less than what you have right now Alex. With no CE, no Master of the Force and a hefty Rival SA, I'll say she could be around 30-35 top, especially if you compare her to other characters with her stat block.

1. adam
2. GG
3. Udorian
Udorian84
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 3:42:14 PM

1. Adam
2. Argon
3. GG

The only one I think will make a splash is Adam's tbh. After searching and searching the new pieces. The shooters are incredibly powerful.
adamb0nd
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 8:26:51 PM

1. GG
2. Udorian
3. Argon
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, June 20, 2021 9:41:07 PM

Alex, solid version of a beloved character here. And bonus points for keeping it simple!

Adam, wow what a powerhouse. He definitely qualifies for a tier 1 melee piece but my only concern is that I think he is too strong for his cost, seems like a closer to 75-100 range. But to be fair for the purpose of the week I would say yours wins the most in raw power.

Udorian, a bit of a wordy card but that could be streamlined by combining some of the basic ones in a plain title line like they do for the printed cards. I like the changes you made to simplify it and overwhelming power for Savage is excellent and needed. Well done overall and welcome to the custom challenge!

Argon, your entry is a lot of fun but I’m not sure it’s a tier 1 epic melee piece. I also wish he had renewal 2 but that could just be me getting greedy haha. Also not sure why the exclusive loyalty as the Massassi can use all the help they can get. Overall seems more like a great commander piece rather than melee beast.

3rd Udorian
2nd Adam
1st Alex
adamb0nd
Posted: Monday, June 21, 2021 10:05:35 AM

I'll give Alex until this evening to vote and then post tonight if he doesn't. GG could still win this.