Is a one-man wrecking crew.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Minis M.I.A. Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 8:34:21 AM
Groups: Member

Zalkrie wrote:
Biggsy wrote:
I recently joined miniaturetrading.com and was to make my first trade. As i had no refs, i agreed to mail first. I shipped a box full of R/VR to the guy but he tells me the box arrived opened and empty. I don't know if that's true or not, either way it sucked. I lost a bunch of rares and got nothing in return Sad

Next time you ship, it is worth insurance on the package. At least the post office can get you your money back if it was tampered with.

Scared Zalkrie, you definitely have the worst screw job tale, i feel for you man.
kingsknight
Posted: Tuesday, August 18, 2009 4:20:21 PM

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
So here's my sad tale. I bought 3 minis on Ebay several weeks ago, and they didn't arrive in the mail before I had to leave on a business trip. Over the phone my wife told me when they arrived (2 bubble-wrapped envelopes), and I asked that she not open them.

Well, I got home yesterday and went to find my purchases. There were no envelopes to be seen.Huh After shuffling through the mail that was strewn about the counter, I found 3 cards but only 1 miniature. Mad My wife had opened the envelopes to show my daughter the minis, and either my cats took off with the missing minis or (more probably) the maids that came the week before threw away the envelopes without noticing that they still contained 2 minis. Cursing The Vader LotF that I won for $1 was my only intact purchase. The missing minis...Dash Rendar, Renegade Smuggler and Cade Skywalker, Bounty Hunter!!! Crying Crying Crying

My luck sucks!!!

So make me feel better. Who else has a sad minis M.I.A. story?

Since you have the cards, buy the ridiculously cheap minis that are missing their cards from ebay. I saw got a Cade for a friend who doesn't play SWM and doesn't need the card for about $6
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:45:44 AM

That's what I ended up doing, though my loose Cade wasn't quite that cheap. After shipping, mine was $16, but I saw several other loose Cades go for $20+ after shipping. So after buying Cade twice, I've spent $41 to acquire the complete mini and card--still a bit cheaper than what it would have cost to buy him from an online retailer.

Unfortunately, though, I can't seem to find a loose Dash Rendar, RS right now. I actually was able to buy the original with card for only $6.50 + shipping, but I haven't seen one go for that low since. Perhaps I'll try trading for him.
saber1
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 2:56:44 AM

Rabid Wookiee wrote:
Now I just need to find a replacement Dash.

I'd suggest a replacement for the cat. Cats are evil. ThumbDown How about a nice goldfish?
LandShark
Posted: Wednesday, August 19, 2009 8:08:04 AM

That is a horrible story.

Im sorry to here about that.

One time my Nephews found my boxes of Huges, started playing with them... abd broke half of them.

Acklay
Basalisk Wars Droid
ISP Speeder

That doesnt compare to your story though. Cursing
Darth Percocet
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 7:07:02 AM

My latest M.I.A. mini story happened with the Jedi Academy realease tourney at my LGS. For my two mini's i pulled from my boosters was Kyle Katarn CI & Master K'Kruhk. & for prize surport i won a Naga Sadow. Well caught up in the good place i came in that won me Naga, i wasnt paying attention, but i packed all of my stuff up & left. Sure enough my LGS is about 40 - 50 minutes away so its hard getting there. Well when i got home i went to put my mini's i just got on my Collection Tracker. Going through them i get the stat card, then get the mini out to make sure i have the whole combo. Well coming acrossed Kyle & Naga, i couldnt find the mini's. Cards were there just no mini's.

So i checked through both of my bags, all of my tackle boxes also where i keep my uc's & c's, still couldnt find them. Sure enough i left them behind. Now i didnt think i was gonna ever see this pieces again because that was the last tourney period for my LGS because the guy was closing the doors. Mainly the Naga i was hurt over. But again sure enough about 2 weeks later my brother calls me & says, yo bob, did you lose a Naga Sadow & Kyle figure, i said yea dude i already told you that lol (his short term memory is horrible, sometimes i dont even think he listens lol). So he goes well Rob found them when he was cleaning out the shop i got them for you. So it was a happy ending to a miserable 2 weeks.

You gotta figure, i have kids, so mini's gains the attention of me whenever i have spare time, but it ended happy.
LandShark
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 11:16:42 AM

Im a hustler.

Put it in mine, before I put it in your hand.
Rabid Wookiee
Posted: Monday, August 24, 2009 4:50:47 PM

Darth Percocet wrote:
My latest M.I.A. mini story happened with the Jedi Academy realease tourney at my LGS. For my two mini's i pulled from my boosters was Kyle Katarn CI & Master K'Kruhk. & for prize surport i won a Naga Sadow. Well caught up in the good place i came in that won me Naga, i wasnt paying attention, but i packed all of my stuff up & left. Sure enough my LGS is about 40 - 50 minutes away so its hard getting there. Well when i got home i went to put my mini's i just got on my Collection Tracker. Going through them i get the stat card, then get the mini out to make sure i have the whole combo. Well coming acrossed Kyle & Naga, i couldnt find the mini's. Cards were there just no mini's.

So i checked through both of my bags, all of my tackle boxes also where i keep my uc's & c's, still couldnt find them. Sure enough i left them behind. Now i didnt think i was gonna ever see this pieces again because that was the last tourney period for my LGS because the guy was closing the doors. Mainly the Naga i was hurt over. But again sure enough about 2 weeks later my brother calls me & says, yo bob, did you lose a Naga Sadow & Kyle figure, i said yea dude i already told you that lol (his short term memory is horrible, sometimes i dont even think he listens lol). So he goes well Rob found them when he was cleaning out the shop i got them for you. So it was a happy ending to a miserable 2 weeks.

You gotta figure, i have kids, so mini's gains the attention of me whenever i have spare time, but it ended happy.

I'm glad to hear that some of these tales have happy endings. ThumpUp
DarthJak
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:15:17 AM

I'd suggest a replacement for the cat. Cats are evil. ThumbDown How about a nice goldfish? [/quote]
a nice tasty goldfish for the catLOL