RegisterDonateLogin

Does not tread lightly in the Jundland Wastes.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Who think we need a reprint of Boba BH Options
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:12:10 PM
Groups: Member

Darth Percocet wrote:
I would love to see a new fett, yea, i mentioned earlier in this thread what kind of new fett id like to see.. i wouldnt even want anything near boba fett bounty hunter stat wise, because if they do make that then there gonna make it cost like 20 less & the price of boba's figure will still go down cuz noone will use him. Lets be real, me i add up my collection value & take pride in it, & im sure alot of people do the same thing, Shinja put it everywhere on this site to where if your looking at your collection tracker you see your collection value so i know others do it & take pride as well. So making a new fett, or a different character with fett bh's stats i think would be a complete spit in the face to everyone in the game.

I know people who had to come off of alot of stuff for fett, & always hear of people on these boards buying him for high values, everyone knows he's worth $60+ & collecting mini's is the same as collecting sports cards, yea you collect them to use them, but taking pride of having an expensive valued piece you think about too & take pride in it. Thats why when we trade we compare prices of the figures. So making anything simular to fett bounty hunter will make this community turn upside down.

They can still make new pieces with SA's that fett bh has, i would just say nothing real simular to all the abilities he has. Make a late teenage or Early 20's boba when he leaves after jango dies & goes train. Make him mid costing in the 30's. Give him some of the abilities that BH has because he eventually is gonna learn all of them so make a midway point boba.

I also agree with whoever said leave reprints to uc's & c's. I think they need reprints of ugg dems & what not from all them older sets that you just cant get. You dont have to make them different, just reprint them, like they did so many times with storm troopers, vong warriors, clone troopers, battle droids etc..
i think this is bs ,there should always be an ubber playable fett 4 newbies. Stop thinking of yourself and think of expansion of the game to new players[ bigger prizes at tournys].Fett is a major EU character not to mention a pimp,in the worst economy ever we should do anything we can to grow the game, that includes making sure it remains fair and affordable. It is STAR WARS after all, an experience loved by all ages.Not 2 mention it is always the same group of guys at the top tables if you r getting beat read the book " the art of war" by Sun Tzu it will change the way u look at the maps overnight .
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:28:17 PM

you can think that is BS all you want Oldman, but most of us traded heavy or payed heavy to get that Fett. its because of the same bad economy that we dont want there to be a reprint of BH. you wanna further expand the game? tell yer friends who want Bh to go EBAY and DROP $80.00 to get him. because most of us didnt pull the baddest "pimp", we worked harder to get him.
Eroschilles
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 3:30:17 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I just think it's a waste of a slot when we could have a new mini or a reprint of a more usefull common/uncommon like an Uggie. Though I do agree that the Art of War by Sun Tzu is a must read!
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 4:34:11 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
you can think that is BS all you want Oldman, but most of us traded heavy or payed heavy to get that Fett. its because of the same bad economy that we dont want there to be a reprint of BH. you wanna further expand the game? tell yer friends who want Bh to go EBAY and DROP $80.00 to get him. because most of us didnt pull the baddest "pimp", we worked harder to get him.

Agree - adding that some of us (hint hint) DID pull the baddest "pimp", and if I told you all how many BH packs it took before he came out of one and you calculated THAT cost - you would all think you got a GREAT deal for $80 LOL

The BH set was one of the most gut-wrenching, heart-breaking booster-buying experiences I've gone through. We managed to get a bunch of the other good pieces in there during the process, but jeez, when the boosters were crappy, they were REALLY crappy. I just finally got the freakin' Skiff to finish the set through a trade a week or so ago (thank you Stizzy!)

In the end though, the look on my kids face when I handed him Boba's card?

Priceless BlooMilk

He was running around the LGS jumping up and down, screaming his fool head off. The players that were there will never forget that - it was awesome Laugh
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:29:41 PM

Current price: $62.99
Price if reprint is made: approximately the square root to sod all!

DON'T REPRINT HIM!!!
curler88j
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 5:51:41 PM

as a newer player who got in to this game well after BH and never really had a chance to pull Boba BH i would love for a reprint of him.

I also under stand why those who have him would be upset if he were reprinted.

But they do need to make another one sometime soon.

I have a Question if they would change his pose and his name but keep the stats mostly the same as Boba BH wouldn't that be enough to make every one happy? because then for those who payed alot for him the value of the original should not go down that much and newer players would be able to get a boba. any way i just thought i would throw my opinion out their.
Biggsy
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 6:32:14 PM

No reprints of unique pieces please! Ever!!
Yes to remakes, for the sake of expanding and growing the game. The more the merrier BigGrin

I do think though, that some day, Boba BH will lose his shine to better/more playable/cheaper costed pieces, as do many of this game's top notch figures. But i doubt his monetary value will drop dramatically, maybe just to a more realistic level.
crapface
Posted: Tuesday, August 25, 2009 9:42:19 PM

a remake wouldnt really bother me, im way more into playing than collecting. maybe a reprint in some sort of scenario pack. they have done that before and no one really complained.

since sets are now 40 figures and slots are few, that would be the only real reason i wouldnt want a reprint. this is why i like the scenario idea.
StevenO
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 4:13:53 AM

crapface wrote:
a remake wouldnt really bother me, im way more into playing than collecting. maybe a reprint in some sort of scenario pack. they have done that before and no one really complained.

since sets are now 40 figures and slots are few, that would be the only real reason i wouldnt want a reprint. this is why i like the scenario idea.

A better place to point when citing reprints would be Rebels and Imperials where everything was a reprint. It may just be me but I don't think that "set" went over well although there are some nice pieces in there.

The Scenario Packs are probably a pretty poor place to point at for reprints. Starting with Endor the AT-ST was nice but it isn't like Universe had been out for years first to drive up the price and even now the AT-ST isn't considered a power piece. Moving on to Hoth we see a huge number of rarer pieces redone but the big guns aren't unique and should expect reprinting, the two Tauntauns aren't major competitive pieces (and aren't that useful in RPG), and that leave Liea and Vader as being worthy pieces; the thing about them is they were also from recent sets and while Hoth is relatively expensive Vader IC looks like one of the least expensive but useful Vaders. Moving on to the Clone Wars SP its reprints aren't major power pieces; had they given us either of the other Windu's, Grievous DAC, and the pretty Destroyer Droid then I'd expect complaints but even they would be muted because on GGDAC would be a powerhouse and it was also a just released mini.

I wouldn't say that a Unique should never be re-released but Boba BH is one that should stay in retirement.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 7:27:31 AM

like i said before, if they make a similar Fett (not 100% the same), i will be down for that. im always down for a new Fett, after all, there arent 20,000 different versions of him like there is Vader. if he has desintegration, net gun, BH +6, accurate shot, cunning att, evade etc, it always makes for a good Fett. just as long as he doesnt have that O so crappy Fett Enforcers stats, im a happy camper.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:42:36 AM

Ok, yea i agree it would be good for new players & expand the community yes Oldman... But i dont think its fair to the people who own a Boba BH. Basically alot of people had to go out of there way & spend money to get this piece. Im not thinking of myself, i think the people who dont have him should have that 1 major piece that they chase to own. Making a new fett bh would be a spit in the face who already got him & spent alot of time getting him. Nothin against new players but they should have to go through the same situation too.

So your saying all the old Babe Ruth tabaco cards from way back when, they should make reprints of them & make them the same expensive value the old ones are worth for the new people who are collecting cards now? No, babe ruth, ty cobb etc. are cards that people who collect cards seek to own & they are chasers. All star wars products of old & new are worth money, the old action figures etc. To decrease the value of the most hard & expensive piece out there were done, i think alot of people would be really mad about that. To much time & money was spent on trying to get this figure. & as WOTC basically only looks to make a profit, i doubt highly they will remake him or make anything remotely close to him in stats.

I dont see how that is only thinking about myself, Technically im thinking about other mini players when i speak of this. What about them people who feel they got lucky for finding a fett bh for $40 on ebay, all who own him takes pride in owning him. They make a new one the same as the old one or anything close to the same so that new players can have a boba bh type, then alot of people are gonna be pissed from it bottom line. There should always be the one piece that everyone looks to own for there collection, it will keep interest in the game. When you first come into the game you always here about the Boba Fett, Bounty Hunter piece how he's the hardest to get. I know i did & before i owned one i didnt think they should remake him at all. It makes it fun trying to track down pieces like that. Everyone takes there own pride in there collection & i just dont think that would be a fair or smart move to make anything even simular to him.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:49:28 AM

Perc, you said it perfectly.
i dont wanna be mean when it comes to Boba Bh. i think everyone should have him!
BUT, everyone should have him the way that almost all of us have gotten him.
if someone was to pull him out of there very 1st BH Booster, i would hate them, but be happy for them at the same time. more happy then hateful i suppose....lol.LOL
Darth Percocet
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 9:55:25 AM

OLDMANKENOBI wrote:
Darth Percocet wrote:
I would love to see a new fett, yea, i mentioned earlier in this thread what kind of new fett id like to see.. i wouldnt even want anything near boba fett bounty hunter stat wise, because if they do make that then there gonna make it cost like 20 less & the price of boba's figure will still go down cuz noone will use him. Lets be real, me i add up my collection value & take pride in it, & im sure alot of people do the same thing, Shinja put it everywhere on this site to where if your looking at your collection tracker you see your collection value so i know others do it & take pride as well. So making a new fett, or a different character with fett bh's stats i think would be a complete spit in the face to everyone in the game.

I know people who had to come off of alot of stuff for fett, & always hear of people on these boards buying him for high values, everyone knows he's worth $60+ & collecting mini's is the same as collecting sports cards, yea you collect them to use them, but taking pride of having an expensive valued piece you think about too & take pride in it. Thats why when we trade we compare prices of the figures. So making anything simular to fett bounty hunter will make this community turn upside down.

They can still make new pieces with SA's that fett bh has, i would just say nothing real simular to all the abilities he has. Make a late teenage or Early 20's boba when he leaves after jango dies & goes train. Make him mid costing in the 30's. Give him some of the abilities that BH has because he eventually is gonna learn all of them so make a midway point boba.

I also agree with whoever said leave reprints to uc's & c's. I think they need reprints of ugg dems & what not from all them older sets that you just cant get. You dont have to make them different, just reprint them, like they did so many times with storm troopers, vong warriors, clone troopers, battle droids etc..
i think this is bs ,there should always be an ubber playable fett 4 newbies. Stop thinking of yourself and think of expansion of the game to new players[ bigger prizes at tournys].Fett is a major EU character not to mention a pimp,in the worst economy ever we should do anything we can to grow the game, that includes making sure it remains fair and affordable. It is STAR WARS after all, an experience loved by all ages.Not 2 mention it is always the same group of guys at the top tables if you r getting beat read the book " the art of war" by Sun Tzu it will change the way u look at the maps overnight .

Also i agree with the economy too, but remaking a fett with people who spent money on him like that in this economy is another great point why people will be mad. Again im not speaking for sure people will get mad, but in my opinion they would. Also keeping the game fair, for 1 i dont think Boba BH is the best piece in the game. So people not owning him are still in fair play. Not everyone uses boba bh in every squad. Theres better options in some squads other than Boba BH. I just think they should leave him alone so we have a chaser piece. You make pieces that everyone can get & theres 90 billion of them, then your not gonna be interested in the game more than pieces that are harder to get.

Bottom line is when you speak of the Economy & keeping the game affordable & fair. Well what about the people who can afford to buy cases & the ones who cant afford. Wouldnt that be making it unfair as well? Technically some people have more money than others. & in my eyes thats unfair that some people have more money than others to be able to buy cases & get every piece. & the others have to do some smart trades & or put money aside to order them. It would be more fair for the game to drop the prices completely on cases so that everyone can afford them. It dont work like that though, WOTC needs to make money. & if they made a simular piece to fett BH, then everyone will own the new one & the price of the old one will drop, & i think that WOTC will lose money. They make a new boba bh type piece, then bounty hunter boosters will not be purchased anymore. Why mess up a good thing?
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:37:27 PM

Don't have him. Don't miss him.
Just remember, when playing someone who has Boba BH, look your opponent in the eye, shake your finger firmly and say "No disintegrations this time."
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Wednesday, August 26, 2009 1:41:35 PM

I did not mention remaking boba bh! I have 2 of every kenobi and every fett they r not 4 sale or trade,I got them in the good ole republican days. I could not afford them now ,but I dont believe a new player should have 2 pay through the nose 4 a playable pimp fett. I said make another playable fringe boba so newbies can spend their hard earned money on busting modern cases with other playable figs.other wise keep chasing Reiken !
Darth Percocet
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 10:46:46 AM

OLDMANKENOBI wrote:
I did not mention remaking boba bh! I have 2 of every kenobi and every fett they r not 4 sale or trade,I got them in the good ole republican days. I could not afford them now ,but I dont believe a new player should have 2 pay through the nose 4 a playable pimp fett. I said make another playable fringe boba so newbies can spend their hard earned money on busting modern cases with other playable figs.other wise keep chasing Reiken !

No, i understood what you meant buddy, & i understand what your saying. I was just saying that in my opinion to make a figure even simular to Boba BH, weither it be a new boba bh reprint or another character even remotely close to him would be a spit in the face for the people who went out of there way to even get him. He's the chaser piece in the game in my opinion.

I'd love to see a new boba as well, i mentioned id like to see one int he late teens early 20's from when he was training after jango died, give him some simular abilities as bh, maybe disinergration & stuff. So i apologize if it seemed like i was getting offenssive oldman lol, i know you i respect the player you are, so it wasnt my intentions so i apologize.. alright see ya buddy
Doogle126
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 1:41:23 PM

Remember. Wizards doesn't give us the minis prices, secondary retailers do. So in a way, we choose how much each mini is worth. Also, a new boba fett that is similar to BH wouldn't be a totally bad idea, because everyone could use a boba. What they should do is make another scenario pack with Boba Enforcer in it.

Also pplz, quit complaining that you spend 60$ on a boba. Razz That was your choice, and if it went down, you would still have the piece, and ppl would still want him because he's got disintegration Razz
OLDMANKENOBI
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 2:15:46 PM

Agreed
swmimperial130
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:01:41 PM

StevenO
Posted: Thursday, August 27, 2009 4:45:53 PM

swmimperial130 wrote:

I'd thought about that. You know if they make a lightsaber wielding Boba Fett he wouldn't even need to have playable stats, much less good stats, to command a high price on the secondary market because of all the fanboys that would want to get him.