RegisterDonateLogin

Is more powerful than any Jedi!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Charging Fire Options
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 8:58:27 AM
Groups: Member

Darth Percocet wrote:
ahh i got ya, so you mean if it replaces attacks / turn.. so you would be able to still use something like Drain Life 1 while using charging fire also on a turn? thanx sithborg, you always clear stuff up & i appreciate everything you & emp do thanx

Sounds like you could also use a Force point to move extra spaces... correct me if I'm wrong please, before I start abusing that! ;)
markedman247
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:15:58 AM

For twin attack, think of it as a 2-for-one special.

As for the FP move for Charging Fire, it is permitted. I have seen it used with Maul on Speeder and an FP on a WooFF to extend their Charging Assault. However, I would resist to do that if you have Twin as that FP may come in handy if one of your twins is a 1. :)
seibermaki
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 9:32:55 AM

markedman247 wrote:
For twin attack, think of it as a 2-for-one special.

As for the FP move for Charging Fire, it is permitted. I have seen it used with Maul on Speeder and an FP on a WooFF to extend their Charging Assault. However, I would resist to do that if you have Twin as that FP may come in handy if one of your twins is a 1. :)

Cool!
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:00:06 AM

Basically when you have an ability that replaces turn, even though it says replaces turn, its basically inteded for so that you know you cant use other abilities like replacing attacks etc. Your still taking a turn.When you use a force power usuable on this characters turn, then your still able to use that force point because it doesnt replace attacks or turn. Same goes with rerolling a failed save using a force point. Charging fire even though it replaces turn, your still taking & making a turn.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 11:40:45 AM

In essence, in a Replace Turn ability, you are using your turn to exercise the Replace Turn option (ex. Charging Fire) and foregoing the normal actions (Move+Shoot, Move+Move, Shoot+Move). When it comes to Replacing Attack abilities, you are allowing the move action to take place but any die rolling (aka. Attacks) are substituted for the Replace Attack ability. Abilities that act during the turn are still viable provided that they are done before or after (ex. force stun) the replace turn ability.

Playing Han in StArmor, Obi-Wan Unleashed can replace his turn and sacrifice his force push or heal just to run and attack at full speed. If he decides only to replace attacks, then he can move and either force push or force heal but still move normally.

I know I am beating a dead horse for this but hopefully this may help as well.
Darth Percocet
Posted: Friday, August 28, 2009 12:23:35 PM

markedman247 wrote:
In essence, in a Replace Turn ability, you are using your turn to exercise the Replace Turn option (ex. Charging Fire) and foregoing the normal actions (Move+Shoot, Move+Move, Shoot+Move). When it comes to Replacing Attack abilities, you are allowing the move action to take place but any die rolling (aka. Attacks) are substituted for the Replace Attack ability. Abilities that act during the turn are still viable provided that they are done before or after (ex. force stun) the replace turn ability.

Playing Han in StArmor, Obi-Wan Unleashed can replace his turn and sacrifice his force push or heal just to run and attack at full speed. If he decides only to replace attacks, then he can move and either force push or force heal but still move normally.

I know I am beating a dead horse for this but hopefully this may help as well.

Nope i say myself that when someone else also explains it in different terms than previously explained thats always good too, you explained the same answer as sithborg but yet in a different way & in your own words.. so thanx.. its always good to see different point of views ya know..