RegisterDonateLogin

You want this...don't you?

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Galactic Escalation Tournament (Spring 2023) Squads, Pairings, and Results Thread (Round 3) Options
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2023 5:44:51 PM
Groups: Member

N3rdsl4y3r over thereisnotry 207-91 (3-0) on Desert Palace

I won map, and TINT picked the right side.

Round 1: I win init. We position people up the board. I move everyone into the audience chamber and Vader runs into gambit. TINT moves into the middle hallway leading to gambit and locks the gambit door.

Round 2: TINT wins gambit and I go first. Isard moves into gambit. The twilek vigo and Jagged move into the upper hallway. R7 opens the door and Vader charges next to Jaina and takes her out with Overwhelming Force 2, and Calista sacrifices to save her. Jaina then hits Vader for 60 and takes back 60 from Djem So and Overwhelming Force 2 again. Jaina then leaps away. Wedge twins at Vader who rolling evades away. Ganner levitates Han. Han triples into Vader for 40 after evades and dark armor. Weir hits Han for 30 with Fire When Ready to get around the evade, but the second attack is evaded. Uggie blows up the gambit door. Navy troopers kill the uggie and miss shots at Han. Isard collects gambit.

Round 3: TINT wins init. Jaina jumps in to finish off 40HP Vader. Having to reroll twice she takes him out while taking 20 back from Djem So. Dark Trooper finishes off Jaina with Fire When Ready and hits Han for 30 leaving him with 30 left. Isard moves in and finishes Han off with Fire When Ready and Merciless. Wedge steps in and hits Isard for 20 and rolls a 1 on the twin for betrayal. Ganner now pushes the traitor Wedge and Jagged hits Wedge for 20 more. Vigo hits a Navy Trooper who evades away. Weir then crits onto the Vigo with Fire When Ready to kill him.

Round 4: I win init and Wedge hits Jagged for 10, and then Ganner kills the traitor Wedge. Jagged takes out a Navy Trooper. Weir and a Navy Trooper take out Jagged. Isard moves up next to Ganner and Tarkin collects gambit.

Round 5: I win init and Isard doubles onto Ganner for 40 and triggering torture 2 twice. Ganner says a prayer and runs past Isard and the Death Trooper to get to gambit to get over 100pts. Ganner take 50 damage on the way. Tarkin is able to finish him off for the game.

It was a fun game to play. I had all the counters to his team. Thanks for playing thereisnotry.
Mando
Posted: Saturday, April 15, 2023 6:57:29 PM

I'll compile results and start the round 4 post with matchups and squads on Monday. I have submitted my round 4 squad/map to a third party. Everyone can send me their round 4 squad and map via bloomail.
gandalfthegreatestwizard
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 2:53:28 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Just noticed Tim's map for this round is said to be "The Palace" in the first post of the thread. I'm going to assume that was autocorrect from Theed, and not Tim hedging his bets on which of the three "palaces" on the map list he was going to play, lol.
Mando
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 2:56:41 AM

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023: Round 3 game #2

N3rdSl4y3r (3pts) defeats Thereisnotry (0pt) : (207-91)
gandalfthegreatestwizard (3pts) defeats urbanjedi (0pt) : (200-80)
FlyingArrow (3pts) defeats Mando (1pt) : (201-102)
DarkDracul (3pts) defeats urbanshmi (0pt) : (200-53)
spryguy1981 (2pts) defeats Timmerb123 (0pt) : (77-76)

Tourney: Galactic Escalation Spring 2023
Leaderboard after round 3, game #2 completion.
1: 14 Points: Mando - WWWWLL
2: 12 Points: Spryguy1981 - WWLWLW
3. 12 Points: Gandalfthegreatestwizard - LWWLWW
4: 11 Points: N3rdSl4y3r - WLWLLW
5: 11 Points: DarkDracul - WWLLLW
6: 10 Points: Thereisnotry - WLWLWL
7. 10 Points: urbanjedi - LWLWWL
8: 9 Points: FlyingArrow - LLLWWW
9. 8 Points: TimmerB123 - LLWWWL
10: 0 Points: UrbanShmi - LLLLLL
Mando
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 3:01:49 AM

Ok, not sure what happened on bloomilk, but for some reason some posts and bloomails disappeared on me over the weekend. I am 100% positive i saw Bryan post the score for his game with Laura and a write up of the game but now for some reason i don't see it. Could one of you share with me the final score so i can add that? Thanks. Also, i had recieved 5 squad/map submissions for round 4 via bloomail and now i don't see them at all. I didn't delete them.......weird..Unsure

So i will need people to resubmit their squads for round 4 to me so i can get the matchups hopefully posted today. Sorry about the mess....not sure what happened that would have caused posts/bloomails to disappear.

So far i have in my bloomail box the squads/maps for:

Timmerb123
thereisnotry
gandalf

I know that i had recieved Laura's, Jasons, and Bryans and possibly Matt's squad/map previously...but for some reason those bloomails are gone? My theory is that Bloomilk couldn't contain such awesome squad builds ThumbsUp

If the rest of you all could resubmit or submit your squads/maps via bloomail today, i'd appreciate it! Thanks
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 4:12:54 AM

200-53. I will resubmit.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 4:19:25 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
200-53. I will resubmit.

Done. I also resubmitted UrbanJedi's since he is already at work.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 5:22:23 AM

gandalfthegreatestwizard wrote:
Just noticed Tim's map for this round is said to be "The Palace" in the first post of the thread. I'm going to assume that was autocorrect from Theed, and not Tim hedging his bets on which of the three "palaces" on the map list he was going to play, lol.

Lol, I saw that afterward as well. My map was indeed Theed, and my guess about the autocorrect was the same as yours.
N3rdSl4y3r
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 6:33:34 AM

Squad and map sent
spryguy1981
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 6:40:03 AM

Submitted
DarkDracul
Posted: Monday, April 17, 2023 1:38:44 PM

The final score was Drac: 200 vs UrbanShmi: 53.

Laura and I played on Desert Palace, with Laura taking the right side and I taking the left. In Round 1, Laura won the initiative and moved towards the gambit. Laura locked the center door and I gathered my forces in the Audience Chamber.

Round 2, Laura won initiative again. We played out our scrubs, and I walled up with my Cobalt Pilots. Laura blew up the center door, and Coleman Trebor ran out to attack but rolled a 1 on a Cobalt Pilot. Page and Dodonna took shots, dealing a critical hit to knock Coleman down to 20HP. Doombot towed in Mace, who systematically murdered all three Cobalt Pilots. Awesome Hallway Luke went toe-to-toe with Mace, taking 40 damage but dealing 80 damage with a force push to knock Mace away. Reylo attacked and repulsed, sending Luke flying back adjacent to Page with 50HP remaining. Coleman was killed, and Mace was shoved with only 10HP left. Skyguy got Master Lifted in and ran past Reylo to take down Luke, but Paige died to bodyguard Luke instead. BB-8 took an attack of opportunity from Skyguy and was left with 30HP. BB-8 zapped Mace, who failed all three attempted save rolls and died.

Round 3, I won the initiative. Luke slashed Skyguy down to 20HP and force pushed him next to Reylo. Doombot and Master Lift yanked Skyguy away to safety, but I found a line with Poe Dameron, who delt a big hit, and Skyguy failed his save roll and was defeated. At this point, Laura conceded as she mainly had tech pieces and I had a full hit point Reylo.

I got super lucky in this game, as Mace never managed to go off and I avoided taking lots of damage.
Nevertheless, it was a good game, and I hope Laura crushes all her opponents with her 350 squad.