RegisterDonateLogin

Just like Aunt Beru used to make.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2023 Vassal Con Dates Options
Mando
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2023 4:49:55 AM
Groups: Member

Even tho I'm unfortunately not able to play this year because I'm going to be on vacation, I thought i'd add my thoughts to the conversation. i think the tournament should start at 4pm EST as was originally stated. I think that would allow more top players like spyguy1981 to play on Saturday and it'd lead to a better overall competition. The semi's and finals should be done on another day i think so as to prevent the situation where the tournament ends at 2am again. 4 rounds total starting at 4pm EST would mean the games should all be done by at least 10pm EST. The players that get together online can usually find a day within a week to get together and finish the playoffs. just my 2 cents on the matter. I hope everyone has fun playing in the world championship!
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2023 5:03:47 AM

thereisnotry wrote:
Thanks, Laura! BlooMilk

And Spry...just drive faster! Priorities, priorities! BigGrin LOL

Can't check in until 4 lol.
UrbanShmi
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2023 5:30:48 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Counting Spry, I have 11 who want to play so far. I'm sure there will be more. Given the constraints and fairness I do think the best thing to do is start the Swiss rounds at 4 eastern with a plan to hold some or all of the playoffs later. This only works if we understand that not everyone involved will be able to make Sunday work, which could push the finals into the following week. If that's okay, I'm ready to finalize.
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2023 10:16:02 AM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Counting Spry, I have 11 who want to play so far. I'm sure there will be more. Given the constraints and fairness I do think the best thing to do is start the Swiss rounds at 4 eastern with a plan to hold some or all of the playoffs later. This only works if we understand that not everyone involved will be able to make Sunday work, which could push the finals into the following week. If that's okay, I'm ready to finalize.

Red 5 Standing By
thereisnotry
Posted: Thursday, August 10, 2023 10:52:17 AM

That sounds fine to me. Thanks for organizing this, Laura.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, August 12, 2023 12:45:53 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
11 who want to play so far.

Where is everyone? It’s kind of insane that we’re barely getting more people than Gen Con. This should be the biggest tournament by far. I’ve seen one or two people with a conflict, but where is everyone else?