RegisterDonateLogin

Mind what you have learned. Save you it can.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

V-set highs and lows - your thoughts? Options
gwek
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 6:25:16 AM
Groups: Member

I would argue that even the WotC Carth is close to playable (admittedly, he'll never be great...). Does Deadeye work if someone else moves him? For example, if Thon were to carry him around... With the right support, Carth can dish out around 200 damage per activation. Yeah, there's still the low Attack score to contend with, but, hey, he's much better than he used to be.
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 8:19:04 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:

Anyway, instead of Rapport, extreme synergy could also be used. Again, on a new Luke, Farmboy...

Blast it, Biggs (A character in your squad named Biggs Darklighter gains Cunning Attack +20 and Defense +6.)

(For Biggs, that still might not be enough, but you get the idea.)

I guess the problem with this approach is that it would stop you ever making a good new Biggs - if you made one you'd have to underpower it a lot. I like the idea of powering up specific non-uniques, like Echani Handmaidens, with CEs, but powering up a specific non-unique seems kind of fiddly and there's a point where it's probably easier to make a new one.
Sashlon
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:04:15 AM

I guess it depends on wether its for a character NAMED Biggs Darklighter, or for a character WHO'S NAME CONTAINS Bigg Darklighter Flapper
TheHutts
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:08:14 AM

OK - point taken. I still think it's better to just update truly bad uniques though.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 9:48:49 AM

TheHutts wrote:
I still think it's better to just update truly bad uniques though.

I agree, and that's really the root of it. Yes, sometimes we will try to make pieces that have synergy to make old WotC pieces good (like the pilots I mentioned, or Echahi Handmaidens, or Leia Skywalker, or Storm Commandos), but the ones that are just really, really bad (like Biggs) I think it's better to just eventually make a new version of that character and scrap the old one.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:25:48 AM

gwek wrote:
I would argue that even the WotC Carth is close to playable (admittedly, he'll never be great...). Does Deadeye work if someone else moves him? For example, if Thon were to carry him around... With the right support, Carth can dish out around 200 damage per activation. Yeah, there's still the low Attack score to contend with, but, hey, he's much better than he used to be.

as long as he does not move durring his turn he would still get deadeye. Having thon move him on thons turn wouldnt effect him because he is not the one "moving"
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:44:51 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

countrydude82487 wrote:

as long as he does not move durring his turn he would still get deadeye. Having thon move him on thons turn wouldnt effect him because he is not the one "moving"

Even if he did move on someone else's turn for some reason (e.g. Pawn of the Dark Side type thing), Deadeye only requires that he stand still for his own turn, not the entire round.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, October 5, 2011 11:45:42 AM

Echo24 wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
I still think it's better to just update truly bad uniques though.

I agree, and that's really the root of it. Yes, sometimes we will try to make pieces that have synergy to make old WotC pieces good (like the pilots I mentioned, or Echahi Handmaidens, or Leia Skywalker, or Storm Commandos), but the ones that are just really, really bad (like Biggs) I think it's better to just eventually make a new version of that character and scrap the old one.

Understandable. New versions are good, too. (Better, even, in many circumstances.) I don't think it has to be either/or. That's all.
Echo24
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 1:08:59 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Understandable. New versions are good, too. (Better, even, in many circumstances.) I don't think it has to be either/or. That's all.

I don't think so, either. And that's why Winter helps make Leia Skywalker playable, Atris boosts Echani Handmaidens, Obi-Wan Jedi Padawan gives new options to old Qui-Gons, and we're making even more pieces in set 3 that work in a similar way.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, October 6, 2011 2:00:31 AM

Echo24 wrote:

I don't think so, either. And that's why Winter helps make Leia Skywalker playable, Atris boosts Echani Handmaidens, Obi-Wan Jedi Padawan gives new options to old Qui-Gons, and we're making even more pieces in set 3 that work in a similar way.

ThumbsUp BigGrin ThumbsUp