Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Indiana Regional, June 2nd 2012 Options
DarkDracul
Posted: Sunday, May 6, 2012 8:03:55 PM
Groups: Member

Star Wars Miniatures Indiana Regional 2012
Kokomo, Indiana Gamer DMZ Sign Up
June 1st Friday Night Tile Wars, Start Time - 7PM $5.00 Entry Fee
June 2nd Saturday Morning 200 pt. Constructed, Start Time - 10AM $15.00 Entry Fee
• Participants receive a K-Town V-set 4 Preview custom Miniature.
• 1st 15 players who sign up for the Regional receive a Ugnaught Demolitionist.

1st Place: Trophy by (Engineer) Gencon Badge and Entry Fee to Main Event.
2nd Place: Trophy by (Engineer) AT-AT Imperial Walker Miniature
3rd Place: Trophy by (Engineer) The Old Republic PC game
4th Place: Trophy by (Engineer) Darth Vader Helmet Mask 1997 1/3 Scale by RIDDELL

June 2nd Saturday Night Epic Duos, Start Time - 5PM (During Top 4/8) $5.00 Entry Fee

**SPECIAL REGIONAL AWARDS**
-Player who plays the most rounds during the tournament.
-Player who accumulates the most gambit points during the tournament.
-Player who rolls the most Twenties during the tournament.
-Player who rolls the most Ones during the tournament.
-Player who makes the most save rolls during the tournament.

Headhunter -Player who defeats the most Hall of Famers
Sportsmanship Award
Best New Squad
Best custom Mini
Most V-set in a squad

**DOOR PRIZES**
A customization kit
Chris West maps
Matt Francilia maps.
Set of V-set 2 cards with Epics
SW Christmas ornaments
SW Card Sleeves
theultrastar
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 6:46:01 PM

Love the awards you guys got going. I'm digging the shirts too. I'm going to order one, and I will be there for certain.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, May 8, 2012 8:28:11 PM

The prize support is amazing guys! :) glad that everyone will be getting something! Can't wait, just a few more weekends away :)
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, May 13, 2012 2:23:46 PM

Gonna give it the ole college try to get out there on the 2nd.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 14, 2012 8:53:20 AM

I think I will use my self perceived power to declare the Friday June 1st TILE WARS tournament in Kokomo IN to be an official TILE WARS regional championship!

Strongly encourage other regionals to have a TILE WARS regional too!
jak
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 6:35:49 AM

Is the tile wars on the 1st, 200 constructed?
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, May 15, 2012 1:41:43 PM

jak wrote:
Is the tile wars on the 1st, 200 constructed?

I'll let the IN answer this officially, but my guess would be that is correct.

200pt constructed.
jak
Posted: Thursday, May 17, 2012 2:28:21 PM

Confused will the epic for the epic duo be randomly generated, or can we chose?
juice man
Posted: Monday, May 21, 2012 6:18:03 PM

Hey jak, you're a shoe-in for one of those "Regional Awards"
DARPH NADER
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 5:18:56 AM

We are confirmed... Two from WNY and one from OH will be in our landing party, arriving late PM on 6/1 at the shop for Tile Wars.
jak
Posted: Thursday, May 24, 2012 6:31:13 AM

Woot Woot Woot

still wondering.... are Epic duos constructed?Confused
leshippy
Posted: Sunday, May 27, 2012 6:02:35 PM

jak wrote:
Woot Woot Woot

still wondering.... are Epic duos constructed?Confused

Constructed as far as i know.
jak
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:15:51 AM

just got home, had a blast!!
ThumpUp timmerb123 took 1st, his 7th regional win I believe.Scared
had my best tourny ever, 2-3 6pts,lost to engineer,uggie demo, and my lil' poniesConfused
27 players. the room got a lil' funky by 5pm.
monster margaritas at lunch were the Bomb
picked up Ohio regional trophies from engineer,that turned out awesome!
darph nader, captiangig, juiceman & I laughed so hard on the way there and back, our faces hurtLaugh LOL

special thanx to leshippy &other organizers plus all the great people that donated prize supportCool
Uggie Demo
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 9:30:25 AM

First regional for me this year was a blast!! Can't wait for Danville in a few weeks. So without further ado, I shall start getting down to business. 

My squad: 

--Corran and Cad(4th Place Kokomo Regionals, 2012)--
60 Corran Horn, Jedi Master
54 Cad Bane
27 Lobot
22 R2-D2 and C-3PO, Galactic Heroes
18 Klatooinian Captain
9 General Dodonna
3 Mouse Droid
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2

(199pts. 9 activations)
My Map: Throne room. 

Round 1- 
opponent: John M. 
Squad: Imperial Troopers with insane defense. 
I won map roll. 

His squad was imperial 501st with crazy Def in cover with all their bonuses. I immediately noticed he didn't have any Thrawn or Palleon in his squad. He had Vader Imp Com to boost the troopers defense even without cover. I quickly sent Corran, TBSV, an Ugo, and the Klatoo into gambit behind the wall so his troops couldn't get to me. It was basically a game of cat and mouse while he slowly advanced with his troops for a few rounds(while keeping them in cover) Cad Bane had not hit any of his attacks because he needed 20s. Once they all got close enough, I unleashed my Corran and R2PO towards his troops. Corran took out 2 and damaged 1 trooper, making his remaining troopers lose Squad Firepower. Cad was then able to kill a disrupted trooper finally. He then moved Vader adjacent to Corran, which pretty much sealed the deal since after I finished off Vader with Corran and my Twilek. After that it was easy clean up. 3 point win. 

Round 2- 
Opponent: Bronson, 
Squad: Lord Vader Swap.
We both had the same map. 

This I won completely due to mistakes made by Bronson, however I was able to pull off a nice 12 square run with GMA and Triple to give Vader a nice 90 damage from Corran. It came down to a showdown between Vader and Corran, after he had already killed my Cad and I killed his Palleon. Vader based Corran and LS assaulted, I Force absorbed this and then finished off the remaining hit points of Lord Vader. Bronson then conceded. I had Corran with 60 left, and everyone else at full(except for dead Cad and Uggie) 3 point win

Round 3-
Opponent: Graham 
Squad: IG-86s with twin and extra defense from HK.
I won map.

Yikes. This was a bad match up. At first you might not think so because of all the evade I have, however HK-47 having disruptive really was the game changer here. I eventually realized that I had to move Corran in to actually do something instead of sit there and be blasted. Graham was smart enough to take out my disruptive first then blast away at Corran. Corran quickly went down with the rest of my squad, ending in 
his IG-86s starting a witch hunt after my Cad Bane. Loss, 2-1. Even though it wa a loss Graham made it a really enjoyable game! :) 

Round 4-
Opponent: Jack(forgot his last name) 
Squad: Echanis with Bastila and Atris.
I won map roll. 

At first glance I thought my shot at the final 4 was gone considering I lost to a variant of this squad many times. Within the first round he opened up doors with his 2 Astro Droids and was able to hit Corran with an Echani, and miss my Twilek with his Greedo BH. The TBSV and my Cad Bane were able to finish them off and run into cover, which was huge! I kept most of my guys behind walls and moved them into the room with gambit. I wasn't afraid of losin Cad cause of stealth. As soon as he moved 2 Echanis closer to gambit I ran Corran out to beat on them, and bodyguarded some of the damage. Next round Bastila was out of force points so no ABM, I was able to move and finish off the last of the Echanis leaving only his Briana, Atris, and Bastila at full with my Corran down to 80, everything else at full (except I lost R2PO to the Echanis the earlier round)
I had forgotten briana could shoot so she was able to get Corran down to 60, I then advanced the rest of my squad while Corran killed off Briana(however she was able to get him down to 30) 
I locked Bastila and Atris in the room at the end of the round. Beginning of the round I won init and went first spinning Dodanna. After he activated both Atris and Bastila I opened up the door and blasted away with Cad, the Klatoo, the TBSV, and ran Corran in to put 90 on Atris. He then won init and smacked Corran with Bastila to take him down to 10 hit points left. I then finished off Bastila and Atris with Cad and Corran defeating his entire squad with my only loss being R2PO, a mouse, and an Ugo. 3 pt win.

Round 5-
Opponent: Tim B
Squad: Stealth N' Blue(and Palleon too!) 
We both had the same map.

Due to the Swiss rounds I got paired up against Tim(who was undefeated) Another bad match up, that combined with playing against one of the best players in the world made it almost impossible. The game started and immediately when down hill, he was able to get shots off on all my guys, except Cad, killing diff everything except the Klatoo, a mouse, the Twilek, and Corran. It was pretty much game over after he went in for the 2nd round of shooting killing the Klatoo with Arica, and then finishing off everything(including my Cad Bane this time) only leaving my TBSV left. Tim had kept himself out of gambit the whole game, which I thought was weird at first, but then I realized what he was doing. At the beginning of the game I jokingly said to Tim "hey if you let me win we'll still both make it to the finals!" I never thought he'd actually consider it. He then explained his reasons why. By keeping me in he then had a good match up in the top 4 which he knew he could beat. The game ended when he moved all this pieces slowly around gambit towards my TBSV and giving him free AoOs. After a few "rounds" his whole squad was defeated except an R7. He then locked us both apart to make it a 2 pt "victory" for me. Tim later then won the whole thing, so I guess winning isn't always the best strategy sometimes :) Thanks again to Tim B! Great guy and amazing player! Hope you enjoyed the mountain dew ;) 

Top 4:
Round 1- 
Graham...again haha. 

Well like last time this was really hard game for me. I played more cautious and was actually able to kill a few mice and grunts in his squad. However when it came down to it I still had to make a move with Corran. 
I was proud of myself for getting more points then last time even though I still lost. That disruptive really was a game changer for that match up! Graham player everything super well, and placed his mice flawlessly! :) again a really fun game even though I lost! 

Ended my day taking 4th place, with 2 trophies(4th and one of the  Head hunters) and the Tie Pilot Helmet! 

Super fun day, great experience as always. Great to see everyone there, I can't wait to see some of you again in Danville! Thanks for the warm welcome back into the game, thanks to all the prizes donated by the mapmakers and Eric, they're awesome. And thanks of coarse to the Kokomo guys, and Les for hosting an amazing tournament! :D 
AudriSampson
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 2:29:52 PM

My day at the regional went extremely well. I was the gal with the MLP pieces. My squad for the day..

Map: Rhen Var
1x Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
1x Han Solo, Galatic Hero
1x R2/CP30, Galatic Hero
1x General Wedge Antilles
1x Leia Skywalker, Jedi Knight
1x Luke Force Spirit
2x Uggie
1x R7

I tend to love tank squads so the goal here was to get as many save rolls as possible. Also I was trying to go against the current trend of commander heavy squads.

My first round was a tough one right from the start. I got the eventual winner of the tournament Tim. Thankfully I won the map. The first turn was rather uneventful as we worked our way towards gambit. However turn two Tim saw an opportunity to set up an effective and quick win situation by offing my door control with his Arica and Cad Bane. I missed the evade rolls and found myself without door control. Winning the next init, I found myself in a very tough decision. Do I send in Jaina and R2/C3PO so I could use Leia's commander effect or send in both my attackers? Well I made the wrong choice sending in Jaina and R2 instead of Jaina and Han. I managed to put 60 on Cad but he followed up by killing both Jaina and R2/3PO. I conceded the match at that point since I was pretty well beat.

Round 2 I played another player from Chicago. I liked how his squad was set up to build it right on the spot with Lobot, Zann and Palleon. He also interestingly had it built around Zann Defilers. In this match I was able to get to Gambit first and get rooted in. That really created a nice situation for myself since everyone had Mobile attack at least and I could pop in and out of gambit attacking any in coming attackers. This game was my first chance to really show how good Greater Mobile and Master speed really is.

Next was Lunch. I would say that was a pretty good round LOL. We all went to a really nice local Mexican resturaunt. I'm honestly not normally a Mexican fan but with everyone else going there why should I be different right? Once there the ambiance was great. It also turned out my Seafood Pancho Salad was also amazing. It was a salad consisting of Lettuce, Tomato, cheese, shrimp, fake crab (cod) and scallops. Just a pile of seafood on cheese... Doesn't get much better then that in food LOL.

Alright well 1-1, very well fed and feeling really positive going into round 3. However that bubble was burst a bit when they called my pairing out. I got Jake. To make it worse, he was play Yobuck and CritDu. Now as odd as this sounds I never have played against Yobuck ever. So I was bit unsure how to handle the situation. I was praying that I won the map since Rhen Var would have slowed him down significantly. That wasn't so and we were playing on Muun Palace. I took the side with the room and for the first round spread out my pieces as much as possible. With Leia's commander effect I have to kinda keep her close to either Han or Jaina and as I worked her close to Han, Jake saw his chance to strike. Next think I know Leia, Wedge and after some missed saved rolls Jaina. Yeah... I lost that one LOL.

Things were feeling pretty bleak as I sat down for round 4. It didn't get any better when Randy put out Handmaidens backed by Bastilla. I have had enough problem with these things when I played Bastilla... I won map thankfully and this I felt gave me a shot at winning with the ability to keep the shooters within my Mobile attack range. This match I decided to play my squad a bit like Mace in the Face.. Go attack, attack some more and not fuss over my commander effects. The next goal was to try to kill off any Handmaidens that haven't activated if I got a chance. After five rounds or so I had a heavily beat up Jaina and Han and I had just Atris and Bastilla. I still had my R7 so I played a door locking game with them to rack up gambit pts in an attempt to only make me have to defeat Bastilla since I didn't think with my current situation I could take them both out. It turns out I was right since Bastilla had a lot of force pts built up for Lightsaber Defense. I won the match with 11 rounds and 45pts of Gambit.

Going into Round 5 I really thought I had caught lightning in a bottle and was lucky to be even in my record. The next round I got a gentleman named Jack from Ohio and low and behold he pulled out the exact same squad as Randy.. To make it worse he won map so we were playing on my much hated Throne Room map. The round before I heard Daniel refer to the side of the Throne room map with the Throne the killing fields so I set up my squad on the other side inside of the large room. Round 1 and two I hugged the walls first being inside of the large room then on my side of Gambit. Round 3 I decided to take the same approach as I did last game and just run in and attack. Once again it was an even worse beat up Jaina and Han (Both at ten hp remaining) vs Bastilla and Atris. Same approach again I lock them out until they manage to get in, then try to drop Bastilla since she had the lower defense. This game had the nearly the same result as round 4. Dropping Bastilla with 45 gambit pts for the win.

9th place, 9 pts.

This Regional also had a lot of really cool side prizes. Because of the last two games I tied for first on rounds played (36) and took the most rounds of gambit (27).

I think if I played this squad again I would make two changes. Leia and C3PO/R2 would come out for Ganner and Talon Karrde.

The other really funny story of this event was based on the Tusken Chief. I have a friend who more often then not thinks far outside of the box. As a joke Shawn Cunningham and I bet him that if he built a squad around a figure of mine and Shawn's choosing and finished in the top half of the standings we would pay him back his tournament admission. Well as you will see in results he did it finishing just under me at tenth, and for icing on the cake he got the prize for most rounds at 35 since I had already got the gambit win.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:01:06 PM

I would like to thank the IN crew for hosting a great regional event, although the 8.5 HR drive was a drag it was well worth it to have a chance to play against a field loaded with quality players. Congrats to Tim, way to steamroll! Bronson and Shawn our matches will resonate with me for a long while, as they were flipping intense. Jake, once again a memorable encounter worthy of the absurd, a pox on you Atton Jaq!

It was great to finally meet some of the ATL crew and btw... Daniel. SteveO found your Map and he'll be looking to send it along. Mental note to all future Kokomo Regional attendees when Les says, "hey they have giant margaritas," go to BK instead! :lol:

Tons of laughs to be sure! Hey Graham did you guys see that freaky tree on the way to Les'? LOL and btw I didn't run the stop sign (allegedly)

Finally a Death Star size thanks to Les for his hospitality!!!
DARPH NADER
Posted: Sunday, June 3, 2012 5:06:01 PM

jak wrote:
just got home, had a blast!!

darph nader, captiangig, juiceman & I laughed so hard on the way there and back, our faces hurtLaugh LOL

What a weekend, eh my friend?! Too much dialogue which cannot be shared outside of the TINWEZL's transwarp conduit. Except for the fire axe maybe? ROFL! LOL

See you in two weeks, get those OH players mobilized!
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 12:38:52 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I'm just going to use this uncontroversial thread say it was a great time, and run very well (even with a few hiccups with the software). Thanks for all involved in running it and handing out prizes.
captaingig
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 5:16:41 PM

I had a terrible day rolling minis but a fantastic weekend meeting a lot of cool people. I can't name them all but I'll give you the highlights.
I'm pretty sure that Greentime and Echo24 will, from this day forward, harass me on the boards whenever I post (I'll begin by finding the "All Talz Are Thugs" thread or create one post haste). This is due in part to a duel that Echo and I engaged in with Nerf melee weapons over who was next in the shower queue while Greentime danced around yelling obscenities and demading that we draw blood.
I'm pretty sure that Engineer has, or soon will, enjoy those red velvet cupcakes I accidentily left in the cargo bay of his van. Why do I say this? Because he's awesome.
I'm mostly sure that Darph Nader and I are no longer allowed at that Mexican restaurant. (See Les' picture roll on his Facebook page for evidence. In it you will see Darph Drunkard to my immediate right already going loopy from those planetoid sized margaritas.)
I'm very sure that UggieDemo, TimmerB, Sthlrd2, DarthDrakul, Bronson and Sithborg are conviced that I need my head examined.
Of course, they'd be right.
Lastly and in a place of honor, I would like to send a big thank you to Les for his hospitality. It was second to none. Although I had an odd feeling that the Obi cut-out you have in the basement was watching me sleep.

P.S. To Jak and Juice: BlooMilk Cheers. You're my nerf hearders.
DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, June 4, 2012 5:22:37 PM

Sithborg wrote:
I'm just going to use this uncontroversial thread say it was a great time, and run very well (even with a few hiccups with the software). Thanks for all involved in running it and handing out prizes.

+1 to Sithborg. Most excellent seeing you again Scott.