Battlefront 2 Options
Darth O
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 2:42:11 AM
Groups: Member

Anyone play Battlefront 2 online? It's such a good game ThumbsUp
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 6:25:25 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I used to play Battlefront all the time but I never played online. Absolutely loved the game and kept coming back even after I got new games...and systems :)
Darthbane53
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 1:30:07 PM

My friend and I actully dug through all my games to play BF1 the other day. Now that its out, when were not miniing were playing XD
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 6:51:40 PM

I had recently popped it back into my 360 to play a bit. However my DLC for it got corrupted somehow and there's no way to get it backSad.
AndyHatton
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 6:53:35 PM

There was DLC for Battlefront?
markedman247
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 7:16:47 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
There was DLC for Battlefront?

Yep. Quite a bit. I remember the Jedi and Sith packs. I did love my Dark Troopers and my use of land mines.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 7:29:47 PM

Correction: 1 map pack I believe and one dl of Assajj Ventress and 1 download of Kit Fisto for assault mode. Unknown for any of the PC downloads.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Friday, June 15, 2012 10:21:39 PM

The DLC added Asajj Ventress and Kit Fisto to the roster of playable heroes and the maps Bespin, Rhen Var Citidel, Rhen Var Harbor, and Yavin 4 Arena. It also allowed you to play hero assault on Kashyyyk and shuffled a few of the selectable heroes around for certain maps and hero assault games.
AndyHatton
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:56:23 AM

Huh, I must have missed that. I never really did anything online with my X-box. Bummed I didn't know about that.
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 11:24:01 AM

BF II was an original Xbox game, and the servers for the original Xbox Live were different from those that they use now for the 360. Microsoft stopped supporting Live for the original games a couple years ago I think, so unfortunately I can't play online. I also have the first Battlefront for my desktop computer, but Gameranger won't work on it, so I can't play that one online either. :-( I would if I could though. Battlefront is still one of the classiest games out there. Too bad the studio that was making Battlefront III went bankrupt. Maybe it'll pull a Duke Nukem and we'll just have to wait for 10+ years. :-P
SquelchDog
Posted: Saturday, June 16, 2012 5:21:02 PM

I have both games on X-Box and on my Laptop, but I've never played them online. Crying Love them both!!! ThumpUp
qvos
Posted: Sunday, June 17, 2012 5:39:46 PM

I used to play Battlefront one online but Never played 2 online. Great games though!
corranhorn
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 5:27:12 AM

I never played online but this was lots of fun on PS2, my original xbox was a bit......unreliable. Pretty much the only game I played, aside from KOTOR, for about 3 years.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, July 10, 2012 11:03:12 PM

Sorry for the nostalgia that follows...

Battlefront 1 is better than BF2, in my opinion. big caveat on the space battles though, and BF2 is much better for that and its Galactic Conquest mode =) Its like a realtime 1st person version of Battlegrounds, how awesome is that?

I recall doing neat tricks in BF1 (flying upside-down in a Geonosian starfighter, landing vehicles on jedi to kill them... ah, the memories =)
Online made the game much better; i used the name Battlefron (original, I know) and played in Oceanic servers. I was alright, and it was really my first online game experience. Lots of teamwork and hours of fun BigGrin

Skip to BF2, and a lot of stuff changed. The balance of the game broke a lot more; offset by rewarding hardcore players for hours of gameplay invested with perks (galactic general anyone?) Space battles were the only draw for me, and hero wars at mos eispa! That soundtrack was funny the first playthrough, but killed me afterwards haha.

Online, BF2 was much grittier and frankly too competitive for my liking. People forgot that it was a game, and that the players were playing that specific game because they were also fans of the content it was based on. We all had something in common; our love of the series (with gungan reservations of course BigGrin ) I guess the sportsmanship of the game had changed in the brief meantime, with stuff like COD and MOH and Counter Strike... griefing was epidemic in BF2 from my personal experience.

Well, thats my two cents worth of experience of the BF franchise BigGrin
What follows is speculation, but I hope that if there is a BF3,
- its based on the Crytek engine BigGrin
or - has a story styled on an arkham city style plot line (so like, how did Chewy and Han end up on Tatooine?)
and that the multiplayer has more fun in it, smaller squad per side on a large-ish map with objectives, and a bit more strategy (like, reward players for flanking, allow capital ships to be player maneuvered, etc)

markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 4:28:50 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Sorry for the nostalgia that follows...

Battlefront 1 is better than BF2, in my opinion. big caveat on the space battles though, and BF2 is much better for that and its Galactic Conquest mode =) Its like a realtime 1st person version of Battlegrounds, how awesome is that?

I recall doing neat tricks in BF1 (flying upside-down in a Geonosian starfighter, landing vehicles on jedi to kill them... ah, the memories =)
Online made the game much better; i used the name Battlefron (original, I know) and played in Oceanic servers. I was alright, and it was really my first online game experience. Lots of teamwork and hours of fun BigGrin

Skip to BF2, and a lot of stuff changed. The balance of the game broke a lot more; offset by rewarding hardcore players for hours of gameplay invested with perks (galactic general anyone?) Space battles were the only draw for me, and hero wars at mos eispa! That soundtrack was funny the first playthrough, but killed me afterwards haha.

Online, BF2 was much grittier and frankly too competitive for my liking. People forgot that it was a game, and that the players were playing that specific game because they were also fans of the content it was based on. We all had something in common; our love of the series (with gungan reservations of course BigGrin ) I guess the sportsmanship of the game had changed in the brief meantime, with stuff like COD and MOH and Counter Strike... griefing was epidemic in BF2 from my personal experience.

Well, thats my two cents worth of experience of the BF franchise BigGrin
What follows is speculation, but I hope that if there is a BF3,
- its based on the Crytek engine BigGrin
or - has a story styled on an arkham city style plot line (so like, how did Chewy and Han end up on Tatooine?)
and that the multiplayer has more fun in it, smaller squad per side on a large-ish map with objectives, and a bit more strategy (like, reward players for flanking, allow capital ships to be player maneuvered, etc)

BF 1: Taking Geonosian ships into rep gunships kamakaze to destroy them due to faster repop of the fighters so you could take down the spawn area. 5-1 kill ratio that way and ticket to air superiority. Always loved the "no bots" groups. Just players.

Bf 2: loved the story. Didn't like the space battles (stayed on ship healing it). Enjoyed the Unique battles but someone always hid in the wall to force choke. Hated the Kassyyk and Geo fights. Loved it better on BF 1.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 5:56:00 AM

@markedman247,
yeah, the skullduggery and hijinks antics of force users in BF2 turned me off that game. That and the comments and grief you'd recieve from babies playing with noob tubes and doing dodgy jedi stuff. Jeez, if i hear one more "Well its in the game, so I can do it" in relation to BF2 i'll scream lol (KAHN!!!!) BigGrin I owned all in space combat though, thanks to the neat addition of the jink maneuver and being a galactic general (fighters auto heal)

and haha, yeah your nostalgia of geonosis map made me laugh! I did the same thing, or would sneak in and steal a gunship as a droid (back when vehicles didnt have a weak spot lol). To me, Rhen Var Citadel, Bespin and Geonosis were the best maps. If they make a BF3, they should use those maps as templates lol, and learn from it.
Bob Chizo
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 8:27:16 AM

YES!ThumbsUp I loved Rhen Var and Bespin in the first game! I'm not sure that a third game should be made, rather a different sort of class-based shooter, more of a successor than a sequel. I also loved how you could choose any class in the first game, rather than racking up kills to access the higher classes. The Droideka has to be my favorite class ever.ThumpUp
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 6:38:13 PM

I'm surprised that with this topic revival, nobody mentioned the near-hour of leaked footage of a working Battlefront 3. The game apparently was about 90-95% complete when lucasarts pulled the plug (They have also obliterated the video from youtube since the leak).
SuperYodaMan
Posted: Wednesday, July 11, 2012 9:55:20 PM

EmporerDragon wrote:
I'm surprised that with this topic revival, nobody mentioned the near-hour of leaked footage of a working Battlefront 3. The game apparently was about 90-95% complete when lucasarts pulled the plug (They have also obliterated the video from youtube since the leak).

I never realized the footage was over an hour. I saw several minutes of the leaked gameplay as well as some of the cinematics/cutscenes and found out about the whole Dark Obi-Wan thing, but I didn't realize there was more to it than that. I knew development was well underway, but I don't think it was that close to completion. Not only did LucasArts back out of the project, but the company that was developing it went bankrupt (or just dissolved, I don't remember which). The thing I remember most was the plan to have seamless transfer between ground and space combat, i.e. you could hop in a fighter on the ground and fly into space and start fighting there too, and (if I remember correctly) you could call in orbital strikes provided you still had the ships with which to do it.
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, July 12, 2012 5:10:09 AM

BF 1 favorite moment: on kassyyk with the towers,playing human-only (no bots), select a side, match. I was the only person playing rebs. 10-1 imps odds. One guy decided to take the last control point by getting out of his at-st walker. I was on the sniper's nest and jumped over. Fell half-way, entered the walker, and kept that point until other Rebs joined in. We lost but tap dancing near repair droid kept me alive for 15 minutes of 10 v 1 odds. Apparently everyone stopped taking control points and focused on me yet the repair droid kept me afloat until help arrived.