RegisterDonateLogin

Just what you always wanted.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Chit Chat Options
juice man
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 1:31:17 PM
Groups: Member

Restricted. They can be boosted easly. I'm scared. Also the only good Rep Huge (ISP Speeder) is resricted.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 8:43:39 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

What do people think about the detailed rules of the campaign:

Defeated unique versions and characters
Fringe bonuses
Rotating map list

Those are the things that took a decent amount of effort to keep straight during my 'upkeep' of the campaign. Was it worthwhile? Who is going to take over that role this time around (just a reminder - I'll help write the rules, but I'm not doing upkeep this time)? Is that person willing to do the upkeep for Fringe Bonuses, the maplist, and defeated uniques? Both of those answers should be yes.

The campaign could run just about as well without them. We might add a few more Fringe characters to the Restricted / Unrestricted lists if we did it without Fringe Bonuses, though. And the rotating map list could be removed - just let the SCs choose whatever maps they wanted. You could still see battles on the obscure maps - it just wouldn't be enforced in a way to make sure as many maps as possible were used throughout the campaign.

What do people think? I guess ultimately the decision will be made by whoever steps up to do all the upkeep.
knappskirata
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:47:23 PM

I liked the fringe bonuses and rotating maps last time
knappskirata
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 9:47:23 PM

I liked the fringe bonuses and rotating maps last time
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, January 22, 2013 10:05:23 PM

Agreed I liked the fringe bonus, rotating maps, and uniques actually dying. Makes for a more real war type feel. I would upkeep but I think I'm already running the Seps...
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 12:48:49 PM

Okay - I put in the map list and added the new JC map (Cliffside Citadel). I left the Fringe Bonuses as they were before.

I'll post the character lists as works in progress.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:27:03 PM

I posted the unique lists. I included all the fringe versions of Jango and Aurra Sing. And the sith Maul. There are FAR more Jedi. To the point that you pretty much should expect a Jedi in every battle. I think we're going to have a bit of a problem with this campaign, actually. The jedi are largely self-sustaining. The droids on the other hand really need to be boosted, and the main commanders are unique. The Republic will walk away with this as it stands, I think. Actually, I see the BDO and BD Sergeant are unrestricted. That helps a lot. Not sure if it helps enough.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:40:17 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
I posted the unique lists. I included all the fringe versions of Jango and Aurra Sing. And the sith Maul. There are FAR more Jedi. To the point that you pretty much should expect a Jedi in every battle. I think we're going to have a bit of a problem with this campaign, actually. The jedi are largely self-sustaining. The droids on the other hand really need to be boosted, and the main commanders are unique. The Republic will walk away with this as it stands, I think. Actually, I see the BDO and BD Sergeant are unrestricted. That helps a lot. Not sure if it helps enough.

Perhaps a way to get around that is if ANY version of a Unique Jedi is defeated they can't be used for the rest of the campaign?
den25
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:40:49 PM

Make the regular Commando Droid and the Commando Droid Captain Unrestricted. That should help even things out.
AndyHatton
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 1:54:23 PM

Also maybe we could add a few other Bounty Hunters that helped the Seps like Zam and the Young Bobas
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:46:10 PM

AndyHatton wrote:
Also maybe we could add a few other Bounty Hunters that helped the Seps like Zam and the Young Bobas

Good idea. I'm also considering removing several of the Dark Times uniques from Republic. Jax, Ferus, Kazdan.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 4:58:42 PM

This is my proposed list of restricted/unrestricted for Republic. I just went straight to the BlooMilk ratings and made everything Clone Trooper or worse unrestricted. Then I made the handmaidens restricted for thematic reasons:

UNRESTRICTED:

Saleucami Trooper
Gungan Cavalry on Kaadu
Jedi Knight
Flash Speeder
Clone Trooper Grenadier
Gungan Infantry
Heavy Clone Trooper
Alderaan Trooper
Wookiee Berserker
Gungan Soldier
Senate Guard
Clone Trooper with Night Vision
Clone Trooper Gunner
Clone Trooper Sergeant
Jedi Padawan
Wookiee Scout
Jedi Guardian
ISP Speeder
Clone Trooper Commander
Polis Massa Medic
Mon Calamari Knight
Utapau Trooper
AT-TE Driver
Naboo Soldier
Elite Clone Trooper Grenadier
Clone Trooper on BARC Speeder
Clone Trooper

RESTRICTED:

Royal Handmaiden (Must be allocated with Amidala)
Kota's Elite Militia (Must be allocated with Kota)
Kota's Militia (Must be allocated with Kota)

Kashyyyk Trooper
Naboo Pilot
ARC Trooper
Aerial Clone Trooper Captain
Covert Ops Clone Trooper
Elite Clone Trooper
Republic Commando - Fixer
Naboo Trooper
Elite Senate Guard
Clone Trooper on Gelagrub
Galactic Marine
AT-RT
501st Legion Clone Trooper
Clone Trooper Pilot
Wookiee Scoundrel
Elite Clone Trooper Commander
Gray Jedi
Republic Commando - Boss
Jedi Battlemaster
Republic Commando - Scorch
Youngling
Senate Commando
Clone Trooper on Speeder
501st Clone Trooper
Wookiee Jedi
501st Legion Clone Commander
ARC Trooper Sniper
Gungan Artillerist
Gungan Shieldbearer
Clone Trooper with Repeating Blaster
Republic Commando - Sev
Republic Commando Training Sergeant
Star Corps Trooper
Jedi Instructor
ARF Trooper
Antarian Ranger
Jedi Weapon Master
Spaarti Clone Trooper Demolitionist
Rodian Diplomat

Pretty similar to knappskirata's list. I know something's different (from counting), but I can't see it.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:23:01 PM

And suggestions for Separatists. I used the Battle Droid as the breaking point and then moved some up or down as follows: essential boosts for droids are moved into unrestricted (BDO, BD Sergeant, Commando Droid Captain, Geonosian Overseer). I put restrictions on using the Commando Droid Captn or Geonosian Overseer, though - that they have to have a couple of thematic followers - either commandos or Geonosians, respectively. Destroyer Droid is unrestricted. A4-Series Lab Droid is unrestricted (since I have never ever played one).

Geonosian Drone was moved from unrestricted to restricted. It would give the Seps too much of an activation advantage. They already get 4pt droids. 3pt activations galaxy-wide would be too much. Commandos other than Separatist Commando are now Restricted (forcing the Commando Droid Captn to take the worst of the commandos unless you are assigned one of the other commandos). Several huges move up to Restricted. Dark Side Acolyte moved to restricted (since it's a force user).

I think this one has more differences from knappskirata's than my Republic list.

UNRESTRICTED

Battle Droid Officer
Battle Droid Sergeant
Commando Droid Captain (If used, must be played with at least two Commandos)
Geonosian Overseer (If used, must be played with at least two Geonosians)
Destroyer Droid
A4-Series Lab Droid

Battle Droid
Dwarf Spider Droid
Heavy Super Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid
Separatist Commando
Battle Droid Lieutenant
Octuptarra Droid
Techno Union Warrior
Rocket Battle Droid
Geonosian Soldier
Battle Droid Sniper
Neimoidian Soldier
Battle Droid on STAP
Geonosian Picador on Orray
Muun Guard
Quarren Isolationist

RESTRICTED

Series II Destroyer Droid
BX Commando Droid Spotter
B3 Ultra Battle Droid
Chameleon Droid
IG Lancer Droid
EG-05 Jedi Hunter Droid
Crab Droid
IG-100 MagnaGuard Artillerist
BX Commando Droid Sniper
LR-57 Combat Droid
B2 Super Battle Droid
T-Series Tactical Droid
Bodyguard Droid
Huge Crab Droid
A-Series Assassin Droid
Droideka
IG-100 MagnaGuard
Security Battle Droid
Super Battle Droid Commander
Hailfire Droid
Neimoidian Warrior
A-DSD Advanced Dwarf Spider Droid

Geonosian Drone
Nimbus Commando
Elite Commando Droid
Commando Droid
Commerce Guild Homing Spider Droid
Droid Starfighter in Walking Mode
Corporate Alliance Tank Droid
Dark Side Acolyte
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:23:42 PM

Let me know what you think. I think whoever steps up to say they'll keep track of everything this time should get final say on the lists.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 5:53:13 PM

To help balance againsy the overpowered dogmatic republic how about maybe adding in the munn tactician, crimson nova bounty hunter, and the crimson nova guild leader as restricted pieces.

Also making Gha one of the Sep heroes will help.
knappskirata
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:02:24 PM

I think this is fair. I will keep track of things as long as DA shows me how to make cool schedule box
DARPH NADER
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 6:37:46 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Good idea. I'm also considering removing several of the Dark Times uniques from Republic. Jax, Ferus, Kazdan.

Another good idea, as it's going to be an uphill battle for the CIS. However, quantity is a quality of its own.

Pieces like Zam and new Jango need to be at the disposal of the Confederation.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, January 23, 2013 10:53:07 PM

knappskirata wrote:
I think this is fair. I will keep track of things as long as DA shows me how to make cool schedule box

Thanks Knappa for taking that responsibility, it's appreciated
den25
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 5:09:50 AM

Quote:
I used the Battle Droid as the breaking point and then moved some up or down as follows: essential boosts for droids are moved into unrestricted (BDO, BD Sergeant, Commando Droid Captain, Geonosian Overseer). I put restrictions on using the Commando Droid Captn or Geonosian Overseer, though - that they have to have a couple of thematic followers - either commandos or Geonosians, respectively.
Commandos other than Separatist Commando are now Restricted (forcing the Commando Droid Captn to take the worst of the commandos unless you are assigned one of the other commandos).

I can certainly see making the Commando Droid Captain Unrestricted, but if you make the basic Commando Droid Restricted, then doesn't that make this move useless since:

Quote:

Unless you're saying that regular Sep Commandos (non-droid) count as commandos for this rule.

Forgive me, I'm fairly new to this whole campaign setup process and I'm just trying to help/get a grasp on what's going on.

Smile
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:56:30 AM

den25 wrote:
Quote:
I used the Battle Droid as the breaking point and then moved some up or down as follows: essential boosts for droids are moved into unrestricted (BDO, BD Sergeant, Commando Droid Captain, Geonosian Overseer). I put restrictions on using the Commando Droid Captn or Geonosian Overseer, though - that they have to have a couple of thematic followers - either commandos or Geonosians, respectively.
Commandos other than Separatist Commando are now Restricted (forcing the Commando Droid Captn to take the worst of the commandos unless you are assigned one of the other commandos).

I can certainly see making the Commando Droid Captain Unrestricted, but if you make the basic Commando Droid Restricted, then doesn't that make this move useless since:

Quote:

Unless you're saying that regular Sep Commandos (non-droid) count as commandos for this rule.

Forgive me, I'm fairly new to this whole campaign setup process and I'm just trying to help/get a grasp on what's going on.

Smile

Right - that was intentional. 'Commando' refers to any commando, whether droid or not.

My thinking was that it's good to make the Commando Droid Captain unrestricted so that Seps can hand out double in any squad, but with BDO, BDS, and Commando Droid Captain that's a lot of powerful boosts in the unrestricted list. Basically, I wanted to increase the 'cost' of using the Commando Droid Captain. By saying, "must take two commandos" to use the Commando Droid Captain, it's a bit more thematic for one. But more importantly, it means you're sinking 20 points into overcosted Separatist Commandos who don't even benefit from the Commando Droid Captain. That is - unless you are also given one of the other 3 commando groups as one of your restricted pieces (Elite Commando Droid, Commando Droid, or Nimbus Commando). So everybody can use him, but most people have to weigh the whether it's worth taking him if you are bringing along subpar pieces with him.