RegisterDonateLogin

Does not grant you the rank of Master.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Forgotten Battles: Chit Chat Options
den25
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 11:59:29 AM
Groups: Member

Quote:
Right - that was intentional. 'Commando' refers to any commando, whether droid or not.

My thinking was that it's good to make the Commando Droid Captain unrestricted so that Seps can hand out double in any squad, but with BDO, BDS, and Commando Droid Captain that's a lot of powerful boosts in the unrestricted list. Basically, I wanted to increase the 'cost' of using the Commando Droid Captain. By saying, "must take two commandos" to use the Commando Droid Captain, it's a bit more thematic for one. But more importantly, it means you're sinking 20 points into overcosted Separatist Commandos who don't even benefit from the Commando Droid Captain. That is - unless you are also given one of the other 3 commando groups as one of your restricted pieces (Elite Commando Droid, Commando Droid, or Nimbus Commando). So everybody can use him, but most people have to weigh the whether it's worth taking him if you are bringing along subpar pieces with him.

OK, gotcha. Makes sense to me. Thanks for the explanation, sorry to have to make you explain yourself.

Smile
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:33:08 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Based on the extreme disparity on uniques between Seps and Republic (14 vs 60), I'm going to do the following (mostly following suggestions in this thread):

* Add Embo, Cad Bane, Young Boba, and Zam to seps.
* Remove Jax, Ferus, Dass, and Kazdan from republic

That makes it 18 and 56. Still bad, but moving in the right direction. And Seps have their most important droid boost (BDO) as unrestricted.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 12:35:08 PM

Did Greedo, Dengar, and Bossk work with the seps in canon?
den25
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:17:22 PM

Quote:
Did Greedo, Dengar, and Bossk work with the seps in canon?

I know that Bossk and Dengar worked with Young Boba during the Clone Wars. Not sure about Greedo.

AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:17:38 PM

in skimming wookiepedia it looks like they were all active during the Clone Wars and that Bossk and Dengar worked with Boba Fett during that time, so I think they are probably ok to add (I don't watch the cartoon so I'm not too sure about how all of this shakes out.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 1:28:17 PM

Sounds good - I'll add Bossk and Dengar, too.
501 Trooper
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 2:19:57 PM

Also to even everything out, I think Delta Squad should have to be assigned together, and Omega Squad should have to be assigned together.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:08:47 PM

501 Trooper wrote:
Also to even everything out, I think Delta Squad should have to be assigned together, and Omega Squad should have to be assigned together.

Fair enough, although I imagine they would be assigned together anyway. Also, Delta squad is still considered non-unique.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 6:38:52 PM

Use the same fringe restricted (1 per squad) pieces? I went with that.

I added Gha Nhackt to Seps. I also added T3-M4. The Republic has a unique Override in R2-AM, so I wanted to add one to Seps. T3 is a droid, so it seems to fit okay. Looks like Human Engineers will get a lot of play this time around since neither side has an unrestricted Satchel Charge.

The voting on the title seems to have stalled, so I went with the current leading votegetter.

Unless there are objections, I think the campaign is ready to go.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:49:21 PM

What about spoiled set 5 stuff for Seps to help with the balance, like Severance Tann?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 7:58:13 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
What about spoiled set 5 stuff for Seps to help with the balance, like Severance Tann?

I'd vote against it. I don't want to mess with spoiled cards - and more will be coming out, too.

If they need more (I don't know that they do), then we should pull from other factions or from Fringe. Anything remotely related to the seps, I guess. Actually, come to think of it, we should pull in the two Sith Sidious. Consider that done.
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, January 24, 2013 8:08:03 PM

What about adding Pre Vizsla and the Death Watch?
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 12:03:03 AM

AndyHatton wrote:

Great idea! As well as crimson Nova guild members. And nightsisters must be assigned with Savage. And munn tactician... Ok that's all I got for now, no wait!! IG86s!
juice man
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 9:37:35 AM

An interesting thought, perhaps HoloSid could be out at the same time as another Sid - but on a different squad. Projecting himself, as it were.
jak
Posted: Friday, January 25, 2013 1:41:47 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Use the same fringe restricted (1 per squad) pieces? I went with that.

I added Gha Nhackt to Seps. I also added T3-M4. The Republic has a unique Override in R2-AM, so I wanted to add one to Seps. T3 is a droid, so it seems to fit okay. Looks like Human Engineers will get a lot of play this time around since neither side has an unrestricted Satchel Charge.

The voting on the title seems to have stalled, so I went with the current leading votegetter.

Unless there are objections, I think the campaign is ready to go.

let's rock out with our roosters out!Wink Confused
knappskirata
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 8:22:24 PM

juice man wrote:
An interesting thought, perhaps HoloSid could be out at the same time as another Sid - but on a different squad. Projecting himself, as it were.
I see what you are getting at but hecwouldnt be commanding a battle and on a holo
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, January 26, 2013 9:22:00 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
AndyHatton wrote:

Great idea! As well as crimson Nova guild members. And nightsisters must be assigned with Savage. And munn tactician... Ok that's all I got for now, no wait!! IG86s!

I don't necessarily disagree with these, but it seems like it could keep going on, so I think we'll just leave it as it is now.
jak
Posted: Wednesday, February 13, 2013 2:43:29 PM

CIS landed @ Cloud City.
waiting for GeneralJuice to land and engage our mighty squad .............his recon may have led him to an easier target
2 things wrong w/clones;1-they bleed.- they bleed to deathLaugh

Lobot, and Bespins will see who wins before taking sides, but their already impressed with

the CIS's organization @ commitment to the war

lobot's connections could swing this war in our favorWink
den25
Posted: Friday, February 15, 2013 10:39:14 AM

..... begin transmission

General Grievous,

My battle group has just entered hyperspace and we are in route to the backwater planet Florrum to meet with the pirate Hondo Ohnaka and his associates. I anticipate contact with them within 24 hours. I will contact you once they have been persuaded to join our cause.

Commander Den of the 25th Droid Infantry Unit

end transmission.......
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, February 16, 2013 9:28:31 AM

den25 wrote:
..... begin transmission

General Grievous,

My battle group has just entered hyperspace and we are in route to the backwater planet Florrum to meet with the pirate Hondo Ohnaka and his associates. I anticipate contact with them within 24 hours. I will contact you once they have been persuaded to join our cause.

Commander Den of the 25th Droid Infantry Unit

end transmission.......

Excellent Commander Den, take his planet by force, destroy any Republic forces in your way and force that pirate scum to aid us.

And Darth Jak, well done again on your taking of Cloud City, our Separatidt forces have been greatly increased this day.