RegisterDonateLogin

Will become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which movie of the "original" six was the best? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
Episode I: The Phantom Menace 4 5.479452 %
Episode II: Attack of The Clones 3 4.109589 %
Episode III: Revenge of The Sith 15 20.547945 %
Episode IV: A New Hope 5 6.849315 %
Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back 33 45.205479 %
Episode VI: Return Of the Jedi 13 17.808219 %

May 2009 Rock the Vote (Movie v Movie) Options
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 7:54:07 AM
Groups: Member

Hello Bloo Milk Community!

The questions this month is simple: Which movie was, in your personal opinion, the best?

The choices are not ALL films, or TV shows, or Animated Series and so on. The choices are from only the "original" six. To keep a somewhat Socratic feel to my polls I encourage providing your reasons for which movie you chose.

Thanks for taking the time to provide your vote!

-RevRevGar
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 7:56:50 AM

I personally voted for Episode II: Attack of The Clones. I recently watched this one and realised I enjoyed it greatly. I came to realise it has some of the better action scenes of all the films, and in my opinion pushes the Star Wars Universe storyline along more so than most of the films, while still greatly developing the Anakin we all know becomes Darth Vader.

That whole Genosis Arena fight was probably one of my more favourite group fight scenes.

Episode II: Attack of The Clones

-RevRevGar
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 7:57:14 AM

A New Hope is by far the best.
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 7:58:41 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:

Care to elaborate as to why?

-RevRevGar
dnemiller
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:08:43 AM

I think because it started the whole thing.

I was a kid when it came out in the theater in '77 and it changed everything about movies, toys, or imaginations. So I agree with him it wa the best one. For some reason though I cannot vote in this
RevRevGar
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:14:55 AM

I already have three votes, maybe you miss-clicked and it put your vote in under Empire Strikes Back...

But yeah I assumed that all the oldies (Flapper ) here would vote for the latter three films while the younger ones of us might vote for the first three (In numerical standing.)

-RevRevGar
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:24:46 AM

Id go with #3 because it is the most action filled one and shows exactly how the Empire came in to power and who Palpatine was(even though he was known way before the movie), and shows how Vader became Vader.
IG-108
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:27:37 AM

It was a tough choice for me to pick my favorite, but in the end, I chose Return of the Jedi because it has my first favorite lightsaber duel, which was between Luke and Vader, holds the record for the biggest sci-fi space battle in history (I don't think Episode III counts since it didn't focus as much on the battle and more on Anakin and Obi-Wan getting through it to Grievous's ship), and has an awesome ground battle on Endor. Ewoks!!!
In addition, it's the movie that completes the whole saga, and leaves us with a very good ending.
Uggie Demo
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:52:16 AM

RevRevGar wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:

-RevRevGar

As Dead said it started the whole thing, yes I liked Episode 5 better then 4, but we are voting for the BEST movie(Not our favs) I think #4 had a mix of Romance, Action, and Comedy(Solo!) so I voted episode 4.
I also think that the New episodes(1,2,3) were no where near as good as the first 3, they had rotten, but the ideas for them were good(Vader killing all the jedi in the temple, Geonoses Battle, and Maul!)
awesome
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 8:57:05 AM

Uggie Demo wrote:
RevRevGar wrote:
Uggie Demo wrote:

-RevRevGar

As Dead said it started the whole thing, yes I liked Episode 5 better then 4, but we are voting for the BEST movie(Not our favs) I think #4 had a mix of Romance, Action, and Comedy(Solo!) so I voted episode 4.

Um yeah about the romance part, it was between a BROTHER and a SISTERScared

so I dont think that counts.

but yes #4 was good but me with ADD took me about 5 times of watching it to get all of the way through.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 9:43:22 AM

I like the Empire Strikes Back, just because of the dark mood of the whole show.
StoneThrowingEwok
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 11:48:55 AM

Return of the Jedi was the best. The battles were epic, the lightsaber duel was in my opinion the best while not the longest it was the most passionate and had the most impact on the Star Wars universe (out of the duels in the movies).
twinjedi
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 12:13:48 PM

I would choose Episode 3.Woot I like the Clone Wars better than the Galactic Civil War.
I'm not saying that GCW sucks, but my brother is the oppisite.ThumbsUp
Mickey
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 2:52:07 PM

I loved every movie and could sit and watch them over and over as my boy and I often do. I picked #1 because I like Qui-Gon. To me he embodies a true jedi. Only disappointment was Maul had less screen time than I would have liked to see. He's my favorite bad guy.
danielmcdougall
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 4:57:18 PM

I love Return of the Jedi. It is a good conclusion, Luke "finishes" his journey, Ackbar cries "its a trap", Vader is redeemed, etc. I think Empire Strikes Back is probably a better movie from a movie critic standpoint, but as a kid I always like RotJ better and so I continue to call it my favorite.
Omnus
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 5:04:06 PM

Empire strikes back is my favorite...without a doubt. I can't even pretend one of the other movies is even close enough, so I could vote for one of the underdogs.
markedman247
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 5:24:43 PM

I have to say Empire. Why? I'll sum it up in a little exchange that I will quote from Clerks.

Randall: "Which did you prefer? Empire or Jedi?"
Dante: "Empire"
Randall: "Blasphemy."
Dante: "Luke gets his hand cut off, finds out Vader's his father, and Han gets frozen and is taken off by Boba Fett. It ends on such a downer. That's all life is. A series of down endings. All Jedi had was a bunch of Muppets."

Thank you.
dalibins
Posted: Friday, May 1, 2009 11:50:54 PM

I think the prequels deserve more credit than what most people give them. It maybe created 1 or 2 contradictions but overall the story was great. And as for bad acting...yea there was some. But are you going to tell me the originals had better? That being said I went Sith...you gotta love the Obi Wan/Anakin fight.
IG-108
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 1:37:16 AM

dalibins wrote:
I think the prequels deserve more credit than what most people give them. It maybe created 1 or 2 contradictions but overall the story was great. And as for bad acting...yea there was some. But are you going to tell me the originals had better? That being said I went Sith...you gotta love the Obi Wan/Anakin fight.

I liked the prequels alot. The Clone Wars is one of my favorite eras. And it's all part of a great story. But I think the originals had more action. When the prequels had action, it was amazing and intense, but there was also a lot of political talk and Anakin and Padme romance scenes. But overall, I think the prequels were good.
DarthJak
Posted: Saturday, May 2, 2009 3:43:50 AM

I can remember seeing Star Wars (a new hope) for the 1st time when it was released, At the time it was the most exiting and coolest movie I'd seen. Nothing can compare to being there in '77 and seeing it as a young teen.Cool