RegisterDonateLogin

Sith tested, Mothma approved.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Bellevue Washington, Regionals Tournament Options
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:32:27 AM
Groups: Member

Start time: 11am

yes, its earlier than our normal saturday events but we have to start earlier in anticipation for 6+ round event with 1 hour rounds and room to breathe between them : )

Entrance Fee: $5
Nightwalker
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2009 10:51:12 AM

Bump ~Time added to first page ~
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 21, 2009 9:36:21 AM

So the goal is to get everyone signed up and ready to go between 11am and noon. Rounds begin at noon. Be ready to fill out a squad sign up sheet when you pay your entrance fee.

Expect 5 rounds at least. Very likely to have 6 rounds : )

We are going to have number tables to help ease time between pairings.

Krupal (Cybit) and Vikram (MarkIV) will be judging the event and handling pairings. If you have an questions about your squad or wanting to make sure you udnerstand all the key rules involved with your squad, feel free to ask them in advance : )

If you have any questions, my cell phone is available if you want or send me a pm.
Cybit
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 9:14:21 AM

Remember all!

Regionals is tomorrow. Registration starts at 11, the tournament starts PROMPTLY at noon.

Bring your DCI number, squad, etc...and prepare to have a good time. :)

Omnus
Posted: Friday, June 26, 2009 10:07:10 AM

Haha, I still don't know what I am going to play...

I will be there early to help with setup and everything.

I currently at combination of 28 rares and very rares to add in to the prize pool. Donation from Cybit, Velox, John O'Leary and Omnus. I will be giving these to Cybit before the start of the event, feel free to make any further contributions to him after you sign up : )
Omnus
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 5:24:14 PM

I will report more tommorow...but 38 players! Was awesome!
ChadB
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 6:50:20 PM

Best. Event. Ever.

If this was good, how awesome is the Bloomilk Championship going to be?
Sithfan
Posted: Saturday, June 27, 2009 7:41:27 PM

Wow, just got home from the tourney... I had a lot of fun, and would like to thank the organizers for a job well done! Our Canadian crew had a blast and we were talking about how much fun we had throughout the tourney on the way home.

I played B.O.B.L. and placed fourth by strength of schedule [tied for 1st @ 5-1]. My only loss being to Omnus (52-51) in round 3, a very close game indeed.
Slie
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:19:02 AM

A good time was had by all. Heck I went 3-3 and I still had fun.

Grats to Omnus and Shinja for 1st and 2nd place.

Omnus gets huge props and respect from me for giving Shinja the Gencon badge. Pretty awesome.

-Slie

Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 12:41:53 PM

So I played...

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=38825

--Rieekan Reinforced Rebels--
44 Obi-Wan Kenobi, Unleashed
35 Han Solo, Rebel Hero
28 Luke Skywalker, Hoth Pilot Unleashed
14 General Rieekan
9 General Dodonna
8 R2-D2
6 Mouse Droid x2
6 Ugnaught Demolitionist x2
(150pts. 10 activations)

My map:

The Clone Wars starter Christophsis map

First Round was against vanlanning/Conor and he was playing LV swap. I won map roll. We played a very close game. I picked off activations as I could. Han Rebel Hero picked off two Imperial Dignitaries. He got vader adjacent to dodonna, an uggie and mouse droid. His plan was to kill all 3 when he won init. I used Obi's push2 to get vader away from dodonna and the mouse droid and then ran them safely away. I eventually lost Obi to Vader but he had to swap in Ozzell, so I promptly killed ozzel with Rieekan and Han. Last round vader had 30 health and Luke couldn;t push him for the kill because he was 1 move too far from him but the final score ended up being 58-50 I believe.

Second Round was against Joelker and he was playing Boba Cannon and I lost map roll so we ended up on Rancor pit. I choose the rancor pen side. I had played on the map enough to be very careful with positioning. He didn't get any early los. But he got gambit round 1 and I did not. Round 2 I advanced to gambit and han with his fp, moved 8 to get he kill on the mouse in gambit. Boba moved out to shoot han and all attacks were evaded. Boba then got pushed out of los. Next round Boba withdrew for healing. After about 40 minutes he conceded because I had the gambit lead, out activated him and had everything positioned well with zero damage taken.

Third Round was against Sithfan who was playing LV swap with Lobot. I lost map roll and we were on new muunilist. He brought in 2 grans, 2 uggies and 2 mouse droids. Round 2 i pulled off an override with r2 and Han shot Lobot. I needed 4 and rolled a 4. I made a very strange choice but I felt it was the right one. I knew Vader was going to be able to get some damage in when he won init, so I actually set up R2, Han and Obi so he could sweep all 3. Which actually worked out for me, because I got alot of damage on Vader but only lost r2. Then he also got reserves and pulled in 4 more activations. Obi killed one of the dignitaries and a mouse droid with a repulse. Last round thrawn killed my mouse in gambit. He advanced a gran so he would swap in vader. My uggie missed the gran. Vader swapped in and with leap+speed, he could reach han, who then died. The game went to time after 5 rounds. Ended up being very close, I felt bad at the end because Sithfan forgot to mark 1 of my gambit rounds in his notes so he thought he won by 4 but it ended up being 52-51 because I had 4 rounds of gambit (round 1-4 and my dead mouse droid didn't get gambit for the 5th round), a dignitary kill and Lobot. The closest game I have ever played.

4th Round was against Daniel playing Viable except 3 uggies in place of the dignitary and gran. I lost map roll and we played on ruined base. I set up inside. I Obi spent for speed and got me gambit. R2 locked the door to protect him. Throne was parked in gambit but with sight out of the door. My orginal plan was to pick of the throne and force him to expose the rest of his squad. Put 60 on the throne. Then he advanced dash and vader. I saw a good chance to kill dash if I won init, so based him with obi. He won init and ran dash 14 away. I exposed Luke to a grip4 by accident. Jagged and ozzel killed uggies and mouse droids. Han, Luke and Rieekan kill ozzel and Dash. OBi killed some uggies and then chased down Dash. I eventually caught dash, but lost dodonna. Vader finished luke and r2. When time was called it was a very close game but we counted the points and the only way for Daniel to win was to saber throw5 at han who was next to Rieekan and if he crit rieekan, he would win. He rolled a crit and a "1".

5th Round was against Shinja playing his Speedy Cannon variant with Chewwy of Hoth. I won map roll. At this point he and I were the only undefeated players. Someone else was paired down and lost. I screwd up this game from the start. Being round 5 and playing against squads that didn't have alot of mobility left in a bad mind set for this game and I got creamed. Shinja was a great sport, but he bent me over this game. I think I killed Nadine, put 20 on the ERC and 40 on Leia. That was about it. Great game Shinja, you are a hell of a guy.

6th round was against Darcy playing twilek's. We both had the same map and he won side choice. I woke up alittle bit after getting pwn'd by Shinja. I set up better and was ready for a good game. I got an early shot on lobot with Han (spending for speed) and killed another. This made it an uphill battle for him. I ended up with a repulse killing a twilek, a czerka and putting 30 on the free twilek. Obi took 80 that round. I actually used push4 to ensure a kill on the twilek with 10 hp because i didn't want to risk spending for speed to base it and needing a 7. I then used push 2 with mobile to get 20 on the last twilek and then get hidden. He ran the twilek the other way and got an los to rieekan. hitting him for 40 and jolting him. I piled mouse droids and uggies in front of him. He got reserves and pulled in 4 troopers. Xizor kept OBi busy for like 3 rounds. Obi eventually took an aoo to get 20 on mas who was then killed by dodonna or rieekan (don't remember) I either missed all my attacks or failed all the pheromones checks. Luke and Han killed the twilek and the troopers. Xizor kills Obi and then Han and Luke kill Xizor. We were both Joking around alot through this...I think with it being 6th round it was a less than perfect game but we had fun.

My opponents ending up going 3-3, 4-2, 4-2, 5-1, 5-1, 5-1. I had actually played all three of the other top 4. What a great event. We didn't have any players go 6-0. My pass is being sent straight to Shinja. Thanks for Bloomilk man! I am really excited to see how the Bloomilk Championship ends up! Pwn some face at Gencon!

Big thanks to everyone for playing, and to Mark IV and Cybit for Judging. Uncle's Games did a great job handling this for us. I was also really happy to meet the guys who drove down from Canada. Really nice guys. Had alot of good times. A father and son were watching my first game and I was explaining aspects of the game to them as they wanted to start playing more. We compiled 30 rares and very rares to provide extra prizes for people who came.

We had about 8 people at Applebee's afterwards (thanks for hanging out Chuckafett!)and then some people hanging out at Chris' place for some drinks aswell until about 2 am.
danielmcdougall
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 2:50:37 PM

That was an intense game Omnus, as it usually is. Is that three times now I've lost to you by a few points?
I beat Shinja by pure dice roll. He had his speeder based on I think my Storm Commando (got Ozzell's reinforcements) and needed two 5s for the kill and win. He rolled three times with a re-roll and all were under 5. Otherwise I was outmatched.
What a fantastic event. It was great to see all the creative squads, and the diverse group of players that showed up. There were still something like 4 or 5 regulars that I noticed not there.

Big thanks for the hard work that went into setting it up. I think it was great to have the pool of rares so that everyone got a prize.

Next time Omnus...next time! :-)
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:02:56 PM

danielmcdougall wrote:
That was an intense game Omnus, as it usually is. Is that three times now I've lost to you by a few points?
I beat Shinja by pure dice roll. He had his speeder based on I think my Storm Commando (got Ozzell's reinforcements) and needed two 5s for the kill and win. He rolled three times with a re-roll and all were under 5. Otherwise I was outmatched.
What a fantastic event. It was great to see all the creative squads, and the diverse group of players that showed up. There were still something like 4 or 5 regulars that I noticed not there.

Big thanks for the hard work that went into setting it up. I think it was great to have the pool of rares so that everyone got a prize.

Next time Omnus...next time! :-)

Honestly, you were my opponent in my favorite game of minis. And as close as things were yesterday...I think that game (sep vs rep) and our Mando vs rebel game that was like 7 months ago were both even closer than that game.

I just kind of had one those moments were I realized how good everyone is getting and how far we have come in the past year : )
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 3:07:37 PM

Also I have to say I really like how close all of our games/tournaments have become. With me beating you, Shinja beating me and you beating Shinja, just shows how close things really are.

And really...I am surprised Blake and Joel didn't end up eing right there with us. Steve and Darrell both almost pulled off 5-1 records too.

Just an amazing event...can't wait for PAX and the Bloomilk Championship. I can't even begin to guess who will win those : )
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:28:40 PM

sounds like an amazing event, sad i couldnt make it. but i will see you all at midnight tomorrow
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 4:47:18 PM

amsnow wrote:
sounds like an amazing event, sad i couldnt make it. but i will see you all at midnight tomorrow

Yeah, you better : ) Can't believe you didn't drag a few puyalup guys up so we could break 40 players : )
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:13:32 PM

Omnus wrote:
amsnow wrote:

Yeah, you better : ) Can't believe you didn't drag a few puyalup guys up so we could break 40 players : )

we have actually disbanded, no more tournys in puyallup ThumbDown
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:14:40 PM

amsnow wrote:
Omnus wrote:
amsnow wrote:

we have actually disbanded, no more tournys in puyallup ThumbDown

Thats no excuse to not drag them to Bellevue : ) And we are still going to start atleats a monthly event in Tukwila that you may be able to attend.
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 5:25:37 PM

Mmm get your butt up here for the Midnight.
ChadB
Posted: Sunday, June 28, 2009 6:00:20 PM

I managed to pull out a sixth place finish with

LotF 15 Rebel 39 Luke Skywalker, Legacy of the Light Side
CotF 45 Rebel 36 Yoda of Dagobah
KotOR 30 Rebel 27 Han Solo, Smuggler
IE 4 Rebel 14 General Rieekan
LotF 14 Rebel 9 General Dodonna
TFU 11 Rebel 8 Juno Eclipse
RS 14 Rebel 8 R2-D2
CotF 59 Fringe 3 Ugnaught Demolitionist

Lost by 7 points or so to the Mandalorian Squad and to Sithfan's Lord Vader Swap Squad (by significantly more than 7 :) ). Han got a lucky a crit to take out LV and killed Lobot, it wasn't enough to pull out the win there, but it wasn't a shut out either.

Overall I couldn't be happier with how this squad did.

It was a great event, well organized, fantastic prize support and good folks to play against!
danielmcdougall
Posted: Monday, June 29, 2009 3:27:13 AM

Omnus wrote:

I just kind of had one those moments were I realized how good everyone is getting and how far we have come in the past year : )

This is so true. Roughly a year ago one other guy and I would show up regularly (he hasn't been around since). One day we needed four for a tourny but it was just us two. So Darrell got Nightwalker and Cybit to stop playing WoW and pay 5 bucks each. It was hilarious. We made them SWM squads and then played a "tournament". They were such good sports to try it out. Now Nightwalker wins half the tournys he plays in and Cybit co-judges the biggest regionals in the country. Awesome sauce!

Props (again) to those who've worked to turn Bellevue into such an amazing venue.

Btw, does anyone else think ChadB deserves huge props for doing so well with Luke LotLS? Good job Chad!