RegisterDonateLogin

Would never consciously betray the Rebellion.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

JEDI ACADEMY PICS Options
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:30:43 AM
Groups: Member

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Farghul

I thought you were the one who got me with it but I coudn't be certain. The thread was nuked from orbit. It was the only way to be sure.
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:36:56 AM

Don't forget that it's the Rocket Battle droid for the Seps.
LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:39:24 AM

Yeah, I just searched for 'cat' on wookieepedia, then skimmed through the various species that came up. :P The Farghoul looked like the closest one to me.
Jay
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 2:42:42 AM

LoboStele wrote:
In order for her to go back into the Fringe faction though, something else has to move out of there, and I can't figure out what it would be, unless the HK-50 goes to the Sith faction.

I'd probably put the Dark Woman in Republic, and move what looks like the Jedi Exile into OR. (And I'm pretty sure it's the Jedi Exile due to this pic.)
kenred2
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:00:31 AM

Judging from the beard in the pic what appears obi-ish and robes somewhat the Exile... I'd have to go with "Streen"
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:00:57 AM

I'm guessing that the HK-50 droid I'm seeing is going to be similar to the IG-86's. They'll probably have similar stats and cost about the same, but the HK-50 droid will have Cunning Attack instead of oppourtunist.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:16:48 AM

I usually buy just singles, because I have horrible luck in packs. I might actually get a booster, because it would be hard to get bad stuff in JA. I think this is the first set to have unique uncommons.
shatterpoint7
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:21:10 AM

I usually buy just singles, because I have horrible luck in packs. I might actually get a booster, because it would be hard to get bad stuff in JA. I think this is the first set to have unique uncommons.
IG-108
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:23:09 AM

shatterpoint7 wrote:

I don't believe that there will be unique uncommons. That would just mess the game up too much.
Jay
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:31:03 AM

kenred2 wrote:
Judging from the beard in the pic what appears obi-ish and robes somewhat the Exile... I'd have to go with "Streen"

I still can't see this beard. I see a shadow, and I can see the saber hilt in GMLS' hand, but I can't see a beard on that figure. (Plus, Streen has white hair by the time he's a Jedi.)
Gunn
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 3:38:05 AM

I don't think it is Jacen Solo, because every picture of Jacen and both Minis he had a Green lightsaber. On the other hand every picture of of Anakin Solo he had a Blue Lightsaber. I know we have a Kenobi with a Green Saber, but I think that could be Anakin.

As far as Obi-Wet Kenobi. I do agree it does look like him... but I think it is Jekk. It is the hardest one to tell.

And the one is definitly Plagueis. There is only one picture of him in any of the comics... and it is this one.

So the VR/R are...

Vodo-Siosk Baas
Darth Maul, Sith Apprentice
Darth Plaguise the Wise
Darth Sidious, Sith Master
Naga Sadow
The Dark Woman
Grand Master Yoda
Master K'kruk
Qui-Gon Jinn, Combat Instructor
Anakin Solo
Cade Skywalker, Padawan
Grand Master Luke Skywalker
Jaina Solo, Sword of the Jedi
Kol Skywalker
Kyle Kartan, Combat Instructor
Zekk

LoboStele
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:03:45 AM

Jay wrote:
LoboStele wrote:
In order for her to go back into the Fringe faction though, something else has to move out of there, and I can't figure out what it would be, unless the HK-50 goes to the Sith faction.

I'd probably put the Dark Woman in Republic, and move what looks like the Jedi Exile into OR. (And I'm pretty sure it's the Jedi Exile due to this pic.)

Yeah, I made that change in my list on Pg 4. It's the only way to make it work with there only being 5 or so Fringe slots.

kenred2 wrote:

There's no way. Streen is WAY less well known than the Exile is. Plus, Streen is an older guy, and like somebody else pointed out, he has white hair. Plus, almost every image we have of Streen to date he's wearing that pilot's cap with the goggles.

I just don't see the beard there either, so that's what makes me think it's the Exile, on top of the fact that we got GOWK in November, and we have the GAW set coming this fall, so Obi just doesn't seem very likely to me.

Now....Zekk is an interesting suggestion, especially since he's getting his own book here at some point soon. But that throws a whole new wrench into the works since he'd be the last person in the NR faction, which would reduce the Fringe pieces down to 4, and force a couple of those other pieces to move to the earlier factions (Sith or OR probably).
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:22:45 AM

The picture that was cited for Darth Plagueis is from Tag and Bink (I saw the same image as well looking for him) and that's generally recognized as non-canon. I still believe that it's Darth Plagueis but I believe it's hard to stat someone that no one really knows about and may not be accepted by Lucas.
janson
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:55:13 AM

I wouldn't be surprised if it was another Rebel Yoda, with a more powerful version of Levitation, based on the pose (hand up, like when he was moving the X-Wing). I'd expect probably Levitation 3 (Force 3, huge or smaller). Otherwise similar to YoD, but with slightly different abilities. Maybe a lower speed?

Same basic idea as what they did with the new Emperor. A slightly different version that newbies can get their hands on since CotF is getting scarce.
Jay
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:55:18 AM

LoboStele wrote:
Now....Zekk is an interesting suggestion, especially since he's getting his own book here at some point soon. But that throws a whole new wrench into the works since he'd be the last person in the NR faction, which would reduce the Fringe pieces down to 4, and force a couple of those other pieces to move to the earlier factions (Sith or OR probably).

Looking at the cover to Blood Oath, I think that you might be onto something there. The robes and hair are right, and the fact that he's getting a book leads me to think potential marketing tie-in (ala Gha Nachkt.)
shinja
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:55:48 AM
Groups: Administration

I definitely see the beard, in both pictures. As much as I want it to be the Exile, I think it's Obi. I don't see a ton of resemblence between the miniature's pose and the KotOR2 screenshot on Wookieepedia. The only similarities are the robes (which are Obi-Wan's robes that they used for KotOR2), and the lightsaber (which is Obi-Wan's lightsaber). Both characters are swinging their sabers, but the swing is different.
Jay
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 4:56:55 AM

shinja wrote:
I definitely see the beard, in both pictures.

If you're seeing the brown under the chin, it's the lapel of the robes plus a little shadow and the angle of the head, which has a distinct tilt to it.

Edit: And, if you look at the pic of all 40, it looks like Jaina's got a beard too.
madslaust
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:01:29 AM

markedman247 wrote:
The picture that was cited for Darth Plagueis is from Tag and Bink (I saw the same image as well looking for him) and that's generally recognized as non-canon. I still believe that it's Darth Plagueis but I believe it's hard to stat someone that no one really knows about and may not be accepted by Lucas.

Gha Nackt, anyone?
markedman247
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:10:57 AM

madslaust wrote:
Gha Nackt, anyone?

To a limited extent, I agree. In the same as Assajj, Grevious, and Durge were unknowns in Clone Strike. However, the Darth Sidious book has been set aside for a while and Plagueis is a part of it. Gha was an included Rare to further the Clone Wars animated series. It was by all accounts that he was "suggested" by Lucas to be included.

Granted, who knows with Plagueis. He's one of those points of contention. If we get him in this set and he isn't OMG! AWESOME!!!!, then we will hear complaints. If we get him and he's OMG! AWESOME SAUCE!!!, then you will hear a decry that wasn't Plagueis. His air of mystery alone rivals the Segway, then we see what it was... :)

Go fig.
Gunn
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2009 5:30:54 AM

Is it just me or does the Jaina figure look too young. She still looks like a teenager and not the 31 she was in Legacy. Of course she was first called Sword of the Jedi durning the YV War (I believe in Destiny's way which would have put her at about 18-19 I believe). So maybe this won't be the awesome Jaina we wanted. But you never know. It might be Jaina Solo, Jedi Knight and not sword of the Jedi.