RegisterDonateLogin

If you strike Bloo Milk down, it shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Command of the Galaxy and Vehicles of War Errata & Mini FAQ Options
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 1:36:01 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Errata

Alto Stratus: The image is incorrect. This character is not considered to have a lightsaber.

Glossary:

Vehicle: At the end of this character's turn, you may replace this character with another Medium or smaller character who counts as the same character. Remove this character from the game board and place the new character in a space this character occupied. This new character is activated. Place damage on the new character equal to the damage that was on this character. You cannot choose a character to replace the this character if the damage on this would defeat the new character.

FAQ

Special Abilities

Brainwashed

Q: What happens if I defeat the only character I could attack with my first attack? Do I still have to move adjacent to an enemy if I can?
A: No. You check the conditions for Brainwashed at the start of a character's turn, just like Savage and Mercenary. In this case, you satisfied the conditions before you attacked.

Hand Signals

Q: What happens when the commander is affected by Disruptive?
A: Hand Signals would not prevent the commander itself from having its Commander Effect suppressed. If this happens, no one would benefit from the Commander Effect, even if they are benefiting from the effects of Hand Signals

Lightsaber Trainer

Q: Can I choose the Mastery versions of those Special Abilities?
A: No.

My Pet's from Myrkr
Q: Does this character gain Ysalimari if the last non-Fringe character in my squad is defeated?
A: No. A defeated character still affects whether they had been in your squad or not.

No Disentegrations
Q: Does this just prevent my opponent's critical hits?
A: No. It applies to the you and your opponent's characters.

Prideful

Q: Does this still apply if there is another character who is the same cost in your squad?
A: No. The character with Prideful must have the highest cost in your squad. Ties in cost would negate Prideful.

Q: Would it take effect if a higher cost character would be defeated?
A: No. If at any time there is a character whose cost is equal or higher to in the Prideful character's squad, Prideful cannot take effect. Even if defeated.

Q: How about if they were replaced, like with Admiral Gilad Pelleon or Versatility?
A: Yes, since replacement removes a character from having been in your squad.

Trainee
Q: Do bonuses affect whether a character with Trainee can use other character's stats?
A: No. Trainee only looks for printed values, and bonuses are applied afterward.

Vehicle
Q: Do I get victory points when the original character is removed from the board?
A: No, as it is not defeated.

Q: Do I get the original character's point total when I defeat the new character?
A: No, you gain how much the new character is worth. You do not take the original character into consideration.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:05:55 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Sithborg wrote:

Prideful

Q: Does this still apply if there is another character who is the same cost in your squad?
A: No. The character with Prideful must have the highest cost in your squad. Ties in cost would negate Prideful.

Just noting that the card text is very explicit about this.

While this character has a higher printed cost than any other character in your squad, (insert qualifier here) allies with a Damage value greater than 0 get +4 Attack and +10 Damage until this character is defeated
Sithborg
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 3:46:05 PM

Yeah, but I wanted make sure it was very, very clear.
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 5:46:15 PM

Sithborg wrote:

Yep, no disagreement there.
Comment was more to those who may not always read things carefully enough.
Myself included. Wink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 6:55:24 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Myself included. Wink

I read it and I understood it. I read Daala's page and someone commented that Lobot couldn't be in the squad. And then I still proceeded to make a squad with Lobot in it. Blushing
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 7:03:11 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Myself included. Wink

I read it and I understood it. I read Daala's page and someone commented that Lobot couldn't be in the squad. And then I still proceeded to make a squad with Lobot in it. Blushing

That says a lot about the ubiquity of Lobot. Daala definitely breaks the mold quite a bit. Smile
FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, August 12, 2013 7:11:53 PM

swinefeld wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Myself included. Wink

That says a lot about the ubiquity of Lobot. Daala definitely breaks the mold quite a bit. Smile

And laziness in squadbuilding.

"Hm. Squad's about done. I need door control and activations. What exactly should I do? Eh - Lobot. I'll decide later."
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:34:55 AM
Groups: Member

FlyingArrow wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

"Hm. Squad's about done. I need door control and activations. What exactly should I do? Eh - Lobot. I'll decide later."

Yeah, that laziness has won me 10 Regional Championships.
TimmerB123
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 8:38:29 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Vehicle
Q: Do I get victory points when the original character is removed from the board?

Q: Do I get the original character's point total when I defeat the new character?
A: No, you gain how much the new character is worth. You do not take the original character into consideration.

OK - so does this mean if I have 63 pt Grievous on Tsmeu-6 Wheel Bike on my 200pt squad, and I swap him out for 22pt Grievous, Kaleesh Warlord - does that mean that my opponent only has to score 159points to win?
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 9:50:52 AM

Sithborg wrote:
Errata

Hand Signals

A: Hand Signals would not prevent the commander itself from having its Commander Effect suppressed. If this happens, no one would benefit from the Commander Effect, even if they are benefiting from the effects of Hand Signals

So to make sure this is correct: If Bastilla Uses Battle Meditation then All the Commander Effects are suppressed any way?

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:01:28 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:
Errata

Hand Signals

So to make sure this is correct: If Bastilla Uses Battle Meditation then All the Commander Effects are suppressed any way?

There's still Disciplined Leader to get around ABM, and Fordo has both Disciplined Leader and Hand Signals. But, yes, most other commander effects would be suppressed.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:03:08 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:
swinefeld wrote:

Yeah, that laziness has won me 10 Regional Championships.

I doubt it's laziness on your part. I'm sure you've put thought into what reinforcements come in for what opponents. In my case, it's just laziness.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 10:25:22 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Vehicle

OK - so does this mean if I have 63 pt Grievous on Tsmeu-6 Wheel Bike on my 200pt squad, and I swap him out for 22pt Grievous, Kaleesh Warlord - does that mean that my opponent only has to score 159points to win?

Same situation as with Pellaeon or Versatility. You have to make up the difference with gambit, or kill everything.
swinefeld
Posted: Tuesday, August 13, 2013 11:33:18 AM

Sithborg wrote:

Prideful

A: No. If at any time there is a character whose cost is equal or higher to in the Prideful character's squad, Prideful cannot take effect. Even if defeated.

Q: How about if they were replaced, like with Admiral Gilad Pelleon or Versatility?

So I can build in the Imperial Knight Strike Team Leader to get Rapport on regular Knights and then drop him for something cheaper with Pellaeon without hosing Prideful?

An opponent can use Ferus Olin to go ballistic and flip him to my side. If I flip him back before he gets killed does Prideful reactivate or does Ferus still count against me?
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:14:00 AM

swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Prideful

An opponent can use Ferus Olin to go ballistic and flip him to my side. If I flip him back before he gets killed does Prideful reactivate or does Ferus still count against me?

I would not think that it would Nerf Prideful. They are not In your Squad at the Beginning of the Game. Also this ability already ignores special factors like Unique.
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 7:56:41 AM

countrydude82487 wrote:
swinefeld wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

Prideful

I would not think that it would Nerf Prideful. They are not In your Squad at the Beginning of the Game. Also this ability already ignores special factors like Unique.

By my understanding of the discussions that took place during design that led to the final wording, it doesn't hinge entirely on what was in your squad at the beginning of the game. If Ferus is killed while flipped to my side, Prideful is lost, as I have a dead Ferus in my squad.

I just want to verify that flipping him back falls into the same category as Pellaeon or Versatility.
(makes sense that it would)
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:09:47 AM

The Betrayal effects would be like defeat, so no effect on Prideful.

As for gaining someone from such an effect, I need to think a bit. Obviously it negates it while that character is still in play. If it goes back to the original owner, Prideful can go back in effect. Thw main question is what happens when defeated.
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, August 14, 2013 8:59:47 AM

The Betrayal effects would be like defeat, so no effect on Prideful.

As for gaining someone from such an effect, I need to think a bit. Obviously it negates it while that character is still in play. If it goes back to the original owner, Prideful can go back in effect. Thw main question is what happens when defeated.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, January 26, 2017 9:44:00 PM

bump,

Apparently I was wrong on SHNN. It appears that if you ever have a higher cost figure, then prideful is forever off.

My pets from myrkr turn off and don't turn back on. And since the CE has the same wording, I assume it would also turn off and not turn back on.

swinefeld
Posted: Friday, January 27, 2017 1:44:50 PM

urbanjedi wrote:
bump,

Apparently I was wrong on SHNN. It appears that if you ever have a higher cost figure, then prideful is forever off.

My pets from myrkr turn off and don't turn back on. And since the CE has the same wording, I assume it would also turn off and not turn back on.

What I can say with certainty with regards to Prideful, is that it is initially tied to squad building (the cost mechanic) for it kick in. That is determined after any pre-game character replacement (Pellaeon et al).

Once Prideful takes effect, if a higher cost character were to end up in your squad later (Betrayal etc) it turns off, while that character is still in your squad. If it switches sides again, Prideful would turn back on. Talon's stuff would work the same way.

The unanswered question from above is, what happens if the betrayed character is defeated while still in your squad?
Sithborg seemed unsure about that. I would tend to think Prideful would be permanently lost, but I'm curious as to what he was thinking about.

Talon's stuff probably could've been worded to work a bit differently, oh well.