RegisterDonateLogin

No Youngling's lunchbox should be without it.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Theorycrafting Contest #1: Max Damage Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:28:12 PM
Groups: Member

Darth O wrote:
CorranHornsux123 wrote:
is there a ways i can switch factions :'( the sith are impossible n its driving me crazy

No, because then you'll pick Republic and win with Yularen. Flapper

auctually i was gonna pick old rep :P
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:34:30 PM

Cassus fett wrote:
Alright refitted my OG squad and now have this insane 28 actvation jacked up BD squad: http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/133709/max-damage-seps

Given the scenario, what's the point in San Hill? Or General Grievous, Supreme Commander (it's difficult to make an attack from the starting space, so double doesn't really help, and if you are going to Commando Droid Captain is cheaper)? And larges are going to be tricky given the scenario too?
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 6:54:06 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
TheHutts wrote:
I'm in. Fringe!

Wow - bold move. As far as I can tell, the only thing you get from Fringe is Talon's CE and Ysalimiri turning on. If you win this, I'll be very impressed!

Given the rules now having been posted it looks to me like this may be the reason the Nikto Soldier was reprinted in A&E (5 point snipers primed for twin from czerka). Wink
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:12:42 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

CorranHornsux123 wrote:
is there a ways i can switch factions :'( the sith are impossible n its driving me crazy

You can try other factions for fun, but the only way to 'win' is to use the faction you chose before the scenario was announced.

(Don't worry, you won't miss out on anything too awesome. In fact, I'm pretty sure the winner will be disappointed.)
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:38:33 PM

You guys are doing some awesome damage. I made up the number 5000 not thinking anyone would reach it. But better set a tiebreaker just in case... first one to post a squad that kills both Targets will win automatically.
Cassus fett
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:40:22 PM

I'm going to respectfully bow out of this competition as my School work is really starting to pick up and I just can't get my squad to click just right so thank you for the oppertunity but I am dropping out
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:47:52 PM

Sorry to hear that. If it might entice you back, your faction can defeat both targets. :-)
TheHutts
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 7:50:15 PM

FlyingArrow wrote:
Sorry to hear that. If it might entice you back, your faction can defeat both targets. :-)

No way! I thought Darth O had a pretty high number there! So there's a squad that can get to 10,000?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:09:09 PM

TheHutts wrote:
FlyingArrow wrote:

No way! I thought Darth O had a pretty high number there! So there's a squad that can get to 10,000?

I don't think it's possible in every faction, but I have two ways to defeat them and someone else emailed me a third. (3 different factions)
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:40:18 PM

I just figured out one way of killing both. Pity I didn't pick that particular faction....
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 8:55:35 PM

Ok so here's my squad and I will kill both of them and I am choosing Seperatist.

Nute Gunray
Treadwell Droid
2 Gotal Fringers
R7
35 Battle Droids

My Key is as follows E=Enemy G=Gotal T=Treadwell B=Battle Droid R=R7, not I am not gonna pull all the BD's down. O is open space N Nute

EOOOBOBBGR
EOOOTOBBGN

So the treadwell droid is within 6 squares of the Enemies, No more stealth, R7 opens door, the Gotals are behind Battle Droids which provide cover to the Enemies. Nute Gunray's CE stats -2 Attack to living allies. Gotals are a 6 regular, -2 gives them a 4 attack, therefore needing a 20 to hit. The Gotals start where there are so they have not moved. Assuming they hit with the minimum number needed which in this case is a 20, they therefore each disentegrate an enemy dealing 5,000pts of damage with their disentegration, killing them both.

BigGrin

FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:03:51 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Ok so here's my squad and I will kill both of them and I am choosing Seperatist.

Nute Gunray
Treadwell Droid
2 Gotal Fringers
R7
35 Battle Droids

My Key is as follows E=Enemy G=Gotal T=Treadwell B=Battle Droid R=R7, not I am not gonna pull all the BD's down. O is open space N Nute

EOOOBOBBGR
EOOOTOBBGN

So the treadwell droid is within 6 squares of the Enemies, No more stealth, R7 opens door, the Gotals are behind Battle Droids which provide cover to the Enemies. Nute Gunray's CE stats -2 Attack to living allies. Gotals are a 6 regular, -2 gives them a 4 attack, therefore needing a 20 to hit. The Gotals start where there are so they have not moved. Assuming they hit with the minimum number needed which in this case is a 20, they therefore each disentegrate an enemy dealing 5,000pts of damage with their disentegration, killing them both.

BigGrin

Congrats! That would not have won the original contest, since Disintegration doesn't actually deal damage, but it does win the tiebreaker/auto-win I posted about defeating the Targets. Unfortunately, you're not officially in the contest! But since the 'owner' of separatists dropped out, I think it's okay to have this posted.

(Incidentally, this is also the one that TheHutts sent to me. I figured he deserved public acknowledgment, too.)
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:06:35 PM

Wow, we all came to the same conclusion haha
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:12:46 PM

I just found a solution for a 4th faction. Pretty sure there isn't one for every faction, though. I should have made this harder, because I didn't intend for there to be a "solution" at all.

===
Edit: Argh! 4th faction doesn't work after all.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:14:06 PM

Hey FA didn't you and I come up with a Max Damage output for 1 character a couple years back with an ERC?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 9:17:43 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Hey FA didn't you and I come up with a Max Damage output for 1 character a couple years back with an ERC?

I think it was with a Jawa. Very different setup, though. We allowed like 500 points or something, surrounded it with Troop Carts filled with Gonks, and it had like 18 attacks and Twin and 50 damage per shot with boosts (shooting at an unactivated Droid Target). That was max damage from one activation. This is from a squad in a round, and of course the other twists with Stealth, the door, and needing a movement breaker if you want Melee.
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:15:30 PM

Hey O, I totally found a way to make your squad do 3800pts of damage lol. 4,180pts of damage to be exact.
Darth O
Posted: Tuesday, September 10, 2013 10:27:16 PM

Lol, sweet. I managed to get 22 of my shooters to shoot within 6 of the Czerka. The Czerka needs to start two squares behind the door. Thrawn opens the lift, then the guards nearest the targets move 6 and shoot, leaving a clear lane each time. Once 16 guards have moved to the side and shot, the Czerka moves. This leaves 6 squares in the centre lane free for more shooters. So my original squad does 2,640 damage.
Darth O
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 2:14:46 AM

Do the targets count as non-unique?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, September 11, 2013 3:46:39 AM

Darth O wrote:
Do the targets count as non-unique?

yes