RegisterDonateLogin

For best taste, drink before 140 ABY.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Theorycrafting Contest #2: Deep Strike Options
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:30:15 PM
Groups: Member

the Glossary says nothing about just crix it just says you may set up on your half of the map (ive played opponents where they use this crix and a whole bunch of spec force and begin on their half of the map.)
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, September 12, 2013 10:35:48 PM

Compare it to emplacement which has the exact same set-up wording, but also limits movement. We know that emplacement doesn't mean that you can set up your whole squad anywhere on the map. It only applies to the character that has it.

It is a special ability to allow Crix (or the Praetorite Vong Scout) to set up wherever they would like.

FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:29:34 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

urbanjedi is right, but Crix might be able to be part of a very fast Rebel squad.

CHS, love the diagram, btw.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:43:19 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
I can a fun Rebels (including a failed evade save for the kill) for 144

3x Zyg 24
4x Rodian 12
Squib Trader 10
K3P0 20
Han Smuggler 27
Princess Leia 20
Momaw Nadon 15
Dr E. 16

1 Zygs and 1 rodian set up as in the Imp formation. Zyg 3 starts wherever. Zyg 4 starts just above the brown 2x2 box (almost the middle of the map). Momaw starts by him. Rodian 2 starts on top the gray circle art (4 squares in in the 1 wide passage). DR E. Starts to his right. the last 2 rodians and the squib start adjacent to DR E and line up in the 2nd square (each of them next to one of the yellow difficult terrain squares). Every one else doesn't matter where they start. Zyg and Rodian on the bottom go same as Imperial build to get the rodian next to the door. Squib goes and gives a rodian relay orders. Momaw goes and War Throats (which would normally kill 3 rodians and the squib) and DR E saves them all with avoid defeat (18,17 16,15, 14,13 for the 3 adjacent rodians and 12,11 for the squib). Zyg 3 goes and hits the rodian with relay orders and he runs so he is in one of the squares to the left of the 2x3 grey cargo container which is 10 or 11 depending on which suare he starts in. Zyg 4 goes and runs 6 down the row of 2x2 cargo containers and hits the same rodian who runs 12 more toward the open door. Then the rodian goes and runs through the dorr and around the corner so he is still holding the door open. Then K3P0 goes and swaps Han for the rodian who was originally holding the door open (not the one with relay orders). Han then runs up and opens the turbolift door (staying within 6 of the rodian with relay orders). Leia goes and gives Han the attack (roll is 10 which makes a 28 for 50 with Leia's +4+10) and the target fails the evade (with a 9).

Whew.

That's the kind of awesomeness I was expecting... Doombot made this too easy. BigGrin
Though I suspect that Crix Madine will somehow be able to do it faster for Rebels, even if it's just to get that door open faster.

1. Zyg1
2. Rodian to door
3. Squib grants relay orders
4. Momaw (Avoid Defeat saves)
5. Zyg on Relay Orders Rodian
6. Other Zyg on Relay Orders Rodian
7. Relay Orders Rodian takes his own turn
8. K3PO swaps Han
9. Han opens door
10. Leia's CE for the win

For now, urbanjedi has the Rebel lead: 1 round, 10 Activations, 144 cost
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 5:51:29 AM

FlyingArrow wrote:
CHS, love the diagram, btw.

Thanks
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:25:21 AM

I have to ask: Did you make the target's Defense be 21 just to make Jar Jar not beat him? You could have made the squad that urbanjedi did with Jar Jar instead of Quinlan, have Jar Jar go in and do 10 Damage to the target with his attack, which triggers a Counter Push which Bombad Gungan sends back to the target, which triggers ANOTHER Counter Push which also gets sent back, for 50 Damage total. Unforunately Jar Jar's attack is a +2 and your first roll is an 18 against a 21 Defense, so it misses.

I'm pretty sure that urbanjedi's squad is unbeatable for Republic; you can do it for cheaper with Momaw and a Klatooinian Assassin instead of Quinlan (Momaw does 10 Damage to the Klat, which then gets adjacent to the target and does 30 Damage with Jedi Hatred, then is killed by the Counter Push and Self Destructs for 20 more), but that's 1 more activation, and since activations are the first tiebreaker it still loses.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:35:53 AM

Echo24 wrote:
I have to ask: Did you make the target's Defense be 21 just to make Jar Jar not beat him? You could have made the squad that urbanjedi did with Jar Jar instead of Quinlan, have Jar Jar go in and do 10 Damage to the target with his attack, which triggers a Counter Push which Bombad Gungan sends back to the target, which triggers ANOTHER Counter Push which also gets sent back, for 50 Damage total. Unforunately Jar Jar's attack is a +2 and your first roll is an 18 against a 21 Defense, so it misses.

I'm pretty sure that urbanjedi's squad is unbeatable for Republic; you can do it for cheaper with Momaw and a Klatooinian Assassin instead of Quinlan (Momaw does 10 Damage to the Klat, which then gets adjacent to the target and does 30 Damage with Jedi Hatred, then is killed by the Counter Push and Self Destructs for 20 more), but that's 1 more activation, and since activations are the first tiebreaker it still loses.

No - I didn't think of Jar Jar. I did put him in a lift to prevent a Lancer from getting easy access. Is there no cheap way to get Jar Jar an attack boost?
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 6:56:24 AM

Not sure, but I feel like this should be possible in 3 activations with Forward Positioning, or Battle Ready, or a piece with Speed 12/16.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:20:27 AM

Darth O already did it in 3 acts in Imps.

Also, Jar Jar won't kill him because he will make the Bombad Save (unless you somehow find a way to use up all the good rolls which then means you won't hit him in the first place).

I was actually trying for cheapest build (missed the order of TBs) so I think Daniel has me beat with the Klat Assassin and Momaw instead of Quinlin option. I just figured it would be neat to actually use the 18 roll for attack, just like I am sure there is a Rebel squad that can do it faster (and cheaper) but wanted to use up rolls to make him fail the evade.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:20:48 AM

Actually, assuming the target is Fringe, you can just do it...

--deep strike--
23 Captain Panaka
20 Captain Antilles
18 Jar Jar Binks
13 Amanin Scout
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
8 Mas Amedda

(91pts. 6 activations)

Antilles gives +4/+10 against Fringe, so Jar Jar would do 20 Damage, and then throw the 2 Counter Pushes back to kill the Target. 1 point less than urbanjedi!
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:21:34 AM

urbanjedi wrote:

Also, Jar Jar won't kill him because he will make the Bombad Save (unless you somehow find a way to use up all the good rolls which then means you won't hit him in the first place).

Jar Jar makes the Bombad saves, not the target. So you WANT to pass them.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:27:38 AM

oops, yeah forgot Jar Jar wanted to pass the saves. I guess for the next challenge we will have to know what faction the enemy is :)

Still can't beat Darth O and his 3 acts.
Echo24
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:36:53 AM

Darth O wrote:
33 Emperor on Throne
32 Thrawn
16 Gilad
8 mas
31 Corde
16 security stormtrooper officer

3 activations

This can actually be improved by removing the Security Stormtrooper Officer from the base squad and just using Pellaeon to swap Palpathrone for him. So it's like this:

33 Emperor on Throne
32 Thrawn
31 Corde
16 Gilad
8 mas

You set up the Emperor in the middle of the map, right below Gambit. You use Pelleaon to swap him out for the Stormtrooper Officer. Run the stormy up to the top door of the Operations Center, use Override to open the door that the Target is in. Target activates. Thrawn swaps the Stormy with Morrigan, Morrigan hits twice for 60 Damage, no Evade.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 7:56:56 AM

Darth O wrote:
33 Emperor on Throne
32 Thrawn
16 Gilad
8 mas
31 Corde
16 security stormtrooper officer

3 activations

Details?
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:18:35 AM

I actually assumed that is what he did since there is no other way to do it with only 3 acts.

You swap the Emperor for the Security guy. He runs adjacent to the door (from the top part) and uses override to open the door into the room. Thrawn swaps in morrigan, and Morrigan shoots and kills him (evade doesn't work due to suppressive fire).
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:44:25 AM

urbanjedi wrote:
I actually assumed that is what he did since there is no other way to do it with only 3 acts.

You swap the Emperor for the Security guy. He runs adjacent to the door (from the top part) and uses override to open the door into the room. Thrawn swaps in morrigan, and Morrigan shoots and kills him (evade doesn't work due to suppressive fire).

Neat. I never read Pellaeon that closely. I didn't realize it was after setup.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 10:59:36 AM

--Theorycrafting #2: Deep Strike--
38 Rebel Snowspeeder
36 Yoda of Dagobah
31 Morrigan Corde
23 Crix Madine, SpecForce Commander
22 Rodian Hunt Master
20 K-3PO
10 Dark Hellion Marauder on Swoop Bike
10 Squib Trader

(190pts. 8 activations)

Light Tutor Crix Madine. Set him up on the bottom row all the way forward.

1. Rebel Snowspeeder flies down from above through gambit to open the door below the Crane Tower. (Basically the only flight path on the whole map available to Huges, and he needs all 32 squares to get there.)
2. Crix opens the Lift door using a force point to get there.
3. Squib Trader grants Swoop Bike Relay Orders.
4. Swoop Bike flies 24 to land inside the room just south of the Crane Tower
5. K-3PO swaps Crix and Morrigan Corde
6. Morrigan wins it with Deadeye from Rodian Hunt Master
spryguy1981
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 3:26:33 PM

Ok so here's my crack at it with Sith

Exar Kun 84
Darth Sidious-Sith Master 57
Darth Wryylock 20
Amanin Scout 13
Keldor-BH 13
R7 8

Total 195

Starting Lower right corner

4 Up 4 In is Sidious
4 Up 3 in is Amanin
3 Up 4 In is R7

Other's don't matter

Amanin goes first and moves 13 squares to the rightmost corner under the 9 square crate

R7 moves 12 to where he is adajcent to the lower square of the square crates and opens the door leading to the turbolift room

Sidious goes next, spends a FP to move 2, and pawns the Amanin.

THe Amanin then uses wheeled to get to the turbolift door and Sidious then swaps the KelDor in for the Amanin

The Keldor bases the enemy but doesn't attack

Kun uses TE, the Keldor blows, 40 to the enemy, then Kun attacks and hits with a 37 killing the enemy.

5 Moves 195pts
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 3:45:20 PM

Very nice!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, September 13, 2013 8:22:18 PM

Echo and UrbanJedi described it perfectly. I was literally heading out the door when I thought of the combo, so I just posted the base squad with the intention of jumping back online later to describe how it happens. Thanks for clearing that up :)