RegisterDonateLogin

It's against Bloo Milk's programming to impersonate a deity.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA June Events Options
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 3:36:58 PM
Groups: Member

~Bump~ Its June now get excited!
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 4:10:30 PM

Question!

nightwalker wrote:
Wednesday June 3rd, 5pm-9pm
~ Master and Apprentice ~
150 points: Each squad may only have 2 characters with a force rating. One of the force users in the squad must have been trained by the other in Star Wars history. The apprentice/padawan may be from any faction.

The wording on this allows for some interesting stuff....

1) Can your squad be chosen faction A, and then without any viable affinities you bring in the master and apprentice from factions B and C?

2) Can the apprentice bring the master into the squad. So I want chosen Faction A which contains Character X. Character Y trained X and is in faction B. Can I have my whole squad be Faction A and then throw in the master from Faction B? or must I be faction B with the apprentice from faction A?

3) Do the force users in the squad have to be the master and apprentice? Because in the case of the Jedi Exile/Revan, she/he is considered to have been master over people that don't have force ratings.

4) Can we up it to 200? :]

-RevRevGar

(150th post)
Glympse
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 5:57:28 PM

You lost me with all the ABC's and XYZ's... perhaps actual examples would have been more clearer to understand. But I do get that you're trying to hide whom you'd choose... but I think we all know that it'll be Revan regardless right? BigGrin
RevRevGar
Posted: Monday, June 1, 2009 6:02:55 PM

I can just use Revan as my example... for all you know it could be Lucien Dray and Zayne Carrick....

1) I use Vong, but bring in Revan/Bastila, Allowed?!
2) I use Old Republic and Bring in Revan via Bastila, Allowed?
3) Can I have Revan, Sion, and Mission? (Revan being Mission's master.)
4) You try throwing Revan in with another Apprentice of his... 200 please! :]

-RevRevGar
jporeb
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:58:53 AM

Why does Revan always have to complicate things?
Omnus
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 7:58:59 AM

It must be a legal 150 point squad with 1 exception. The apprentice can be from any faction. The training is force related. If you use holosid to bring in a force user, than you can still have a second force user in the squad.
RevRevGar
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 10:14:36 AM

Omnus wrote:
If you use holosid to bring in a force user, than you can still have a second force user in the squad.

My exact idea :]

-RevRevGar
amsnow
Posted: Tuesday, June 2, 2009 1:13:32 PM

what are the rules for loda?
Omnus
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 5:42:12 PM

Looking for opinions...

Who likes the following idea?

We do 150 or 200 points (either is fine but possibly 150 due to it being a morning event). We use a gentleman's agreement not to use Grand Master Luke Skywalker. Anyone who opens Luke can exchange that booster for a new one they purchase or take from their case aslong as they have a sealed booster.

The idea is of course that Luke currently throws off what could be the best sealed set made so far. Luke and the fact it is 40 and not 60 minis are really the only reasons it not better than kotor. If Luke is out of the equation, this could be a really fun sealed event.

Other options of course are to just do 100 points which locks out Luke or hope that the other pieces can handle him. But with such a melee heavy set, Djem so mastery will be very dominant. As we saw with clone wars...ani-cov pretty much wrecked everything except Durge.

I think my opinion is that its a good idea if everyone likes it. I feel like 95% of the players could make a cool, fun and high quality squad that has a good chance to win (assuming they play well) with this set if Luke weren't a factor.
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 6:46:01 PM

I think thats a great idea 150 and exchange booster if u get him.
amsnow
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 12:30:37 AM

what if the person doesnt have extra money to buy a new pack?
Omnus
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 8:25:03 AM

The would be that you have 3 options...

1) use the luke pack but you can't use Luke
2) Buy a booster to replace the one luke came in
3) use an unopened booster from your case
amsnow
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:33:42 AM

Omnus wrote:

yeah but if you didnt buy a case, and you dont have the money your screwed
Glympse
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 10:52:21 AM

I am cool with it, since you'd allow us to use another pack from our case instead. Though if the one from your case is also a GMLS... then that is destiny talking... and you ought to use him.

If you can't afford another pack, I am sure you could borrow one from someone else that has an unopened one... we're all fairly cool about such things.
Omnus
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:08:12 AM

amsnow wrote:
Omnus wrote:

Not screwd at all. I expect commons and uncommons to play a very large role in how well squads turn out. Most of thr rares we have seen so far aren't as good as 2-3 non-uniques you could use in thier place.

Thats part of what makes this set good. Its not just about rares. Discples of ragnos are commons with renewel and lightning 2. Ossus gaurdians, sith lords, exceptional jedi, jedi battlemasters, antarian rangers and hk-50's will probably play a larger role in games than most uniques (Luke being the exception).

But this is also why I asking. It just an idea and I want to see how the group feels about it. I would likely see a huge interest in the idea before its really considered.
amsnow
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 11:59:58 AM

Omnus wrote:
amsnow wrote:
Omnus wrote:

Not screwd at all. I expect commons and uncommons to play a very large role in how well squads turn out. Most of thr rares we have seen so far aren't as good as 2-3 non-uniques you could use in thier place.

Thats part of what makes this set good. Its not just about rares. Discples of ragnos are commons with renewel and lightning 2. Ossus gaurdians, sith lords, exceptional jedi, jedi battlemasters, antarian rangers and hk-50's will probably play a larger role in games than most uniques (Luke being the exception).

But this is also why I asking. It just an idea and I want to see how the group feels about it. I would likely see a huge interest in the idea before its really considered.

yeah, and im not personally worried about it anyway as ill be buying a few packs anyway, but some wont be so fortunate
danielmcdougall
Posted: Friday, June 5, 2009 2:56:41 PM

At first I was a little sad about not using Luke in the sealed but after a few minutes of thought I realize its best. You've obviously thought it out Omnus and I'm all for whatever point scale you choose. Also you said it would be a morning game...do you mean 12am morning or real "the sun is up" morning?
Nightwalker
Posted: Saturday, June 6, 2009 2:33:42 AM

well... i believe were talking about the midnight release sealed point value.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 7:25:24 AM

danielmcdougall wrote:
At first I was a little sad about not using Luke in the sealed but after a few minutes of thought I realize its best. You've obviously thought it out Omnus and I'm all for whatever point scale you choose. Also you said it would be a morning game...do you mean 12am morning or real "the sun is up" morning?

I was talking about the midnight release which starts at midnight as we normally do.

Nothing is set in stone...its just an idea. My primary concern is making sure the games are fun. Unfortunately swm sets are not designed with Sealed in mind, so we kinda have to make do. We have enough players who are close in skill, that at these 20+ midnight release events there are alot of people who could win or atleast get prizes. I would hate to see the whole event being mediocre because the 4 players who pulled Luke get most of the prizes. Especially considering how awesome the rest of the set is.

But at the same time if players want to the challenge to take down Luke and want the chance to play him in the sealed, then I understand. 150 may still be doable. We are still waiting on some key rares.

I could see someone with like 2 hk-50's, 2 Antarian rangers and say Kol possibly taking down Luke in a game they play well (very well) but right now...there is just too few shooters and the only sight force power so far is grip 1 on the apprentice.

So at the moment, I am just looking for opinions. Would you prefer doing it without Luke?
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 7:58:10 AM

On a side note...saturday June 6th 200 pts.

At the last minute I decided to throw gungans into my case and played this squad...

http://bloomilk.com/Squads/View.aspx?ID=42875

--Yobuck's Artillery--
51 Yoda on Kybuck
25 Bossk, Bounty Hunter
20 Captain Tarpals
16 Queen Amidala
70 Gungan Artillerist x7
9 R2-D2, Astromech Droid
9 Ugnaught Demolitionist x3
(200pts. 15 activations)

Went 4-0

Round 1 was against Jack (on Starship) with Gowk/bariss/yobuck/bacta tank/panaka/r2 AD etc

Round 2 was against Van (on Taris) with Vader, LotF/Boba BH/twilek vigo/thrawn

Round 3 was against Paul (on Taris) with Vader Lotf/ozzell/thrawn/twilek vigo/czerka/lobot

Round 4 was against Vik (on Starship) with Cade/Yobuck/rex/panaka/r2 AD etc

It was a great event. I think every game could have easily gone to either player. Jack's dice really weren't with him at first. I think he failed about 10/12 of the first saves.

By the way...great Game Paul. I was down to 5 gungans and without yobuck or bossk. Awesome game man. Probably closer than my game with Vik (hard to tell because he went after gungans first) but either way...very well played man...Great to having you playing with us.

Honestly after playing through 4 rounds with so many cool squads and good players...I don't think I would change the squad. I really like the mix of gungans with Yobuck and Bossk. And Taris ended up being a great map for the squad.