RegisterDonateLogin

More addictive than death sticks.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

~Calendar~ Bellevue WA June Events Options
amsnow
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 12:43:45 PM
Groups: Member

i think we should keep luke out, if we did we could possibly play a 200 point night as well
Glympse
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 1:23:33 PM

I'm indifferent. I think 150 points is better than 200, but don't care whether we include Luke or not. I know with certain players, like me or my friends, will still get out-played by people despite having Luke on our side.
joelker41
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:07:09 PM

I like the trade in the booster idea.

I wouldn't be as opposed to Luke if I actually thought your 'average' JA squad could take him down with reasonable rolls/success. You would need the perfect pull (that has yet TBD) and really good rolls and really bad rolls from Luke to take him down.

Luke for lack of a better term is basically geared to fight every figure in this set, and he would destroy them all. Djem So mastery will be utterly ridiculous in this format, he can KO virtually every Melee figure within one round in this set, and that's a huge problem IMO.

This set doesn't have a Cade BH, Boba BH, or even a cheap figure like Atton that can hit him and hit him hard from range and that is a problem. Very few decent shooters means stuff will die and die quickly.
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 2:51:53 PM

Glympse wrote:
I'm indifferent. I think 150 points is better than 200, but don't care whether we include Luke or not. I know with certain players, like me or my friends, will still get out-played by people despite having Luke on our side.

You and your friends are getting better though. Plus JA will be offering you a few more pieces for the factions you prefer anyway : )

You gave me a great game with the vong when we were testing : )

But I will also never let this venue become certain people buying rares for the people always at the top. I will always help in whatever way I can to help anybody play better and get some prizes too.

I am currently working on something so everyone who plays at regionals gets a r or vr.
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 4:58:38 PM

In many ways this past saturday shows us that every week the top player isn't going to win or play in the top.
We had several of our newer players place very high which is great to see...

hell paul beat me
then i got full hp cade disintigrated and shaak ti blown up by steven
then lost to jack with healing yobuck and gowk

yea this past weekend was fun my only win was against revan....head felt like mush...time to bring ti back next couple of weeks and crush you all mauahahah
Omnus
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 5:31:48 PM

Nightwalker wrote:
In many ways this past saturday shows us that every week the top player isn't going to win or play in the top.
We had several of our newer players place very high which is great to see...

hell paul beat me
then i got full hp cade disintigrated and shaak ti blown up by steven
then lost to jack with healing yobuck and gowk

yea this past weekend was fun my only win was against revan....head felt like mush...time to bring ti back next couple of weeks and crush you all mauahahah

I think your wording is bit off. I won the event..so thats not anything thats going to surprise anyone, except maybe me : )

But what the event proves is that we have alot of people who can score in the top third (high enough to be picking packs/rares). You don't even have to be playing for that long. Paul is a great example, because was probably the newest player in the event except for his son and he got 5th. Steven doesn't get into the top 3rd every event, but he can probably pull it off half the time. Slie (an amazing player, alittle out of practice tho) ended up 2-2. Nightwalker who wins events quite often, ended up 1-3.

I would estimate that about 75% of our players can get into the top 1/3 at a tournament. That is huge. I am not sure how many people realize how great that actually is. Playing a game where your squad is the perfect counter to your opponents which allows you to slaughter them isn't much of learning experience. But when you play some really close games, win or lose...you learn alot and the close games are generally the best. Paul is another great example of this. He played me round 3 and gave me a very hard game and I loved the challenge he made it. Then he played an amazing game against Joelker. My understanding is the he lost by 1pt. 2 close games against good players who have years more experience playing the game. I would be willing to bet he learned alot from those games and has couple more ideas on how to do better next time and I am expecting I am going to be losing a close game to him at some point soon : )

Maybe Paul is just an amazing player and learns quick but I hope atleast part of it is that we really do work to help new players. I want the competition. I want to see everyone win an event. I would rather lose 4 close games where I played my best, than win 4 easy ones.

I know that now Nightwalker wins alot of events but it wasn't that long ago I was pushing him to play better. I saw him play some wow ccg and I could tell he was smart (despite his drinking problems...lay off the tequila). So I pushed him alot, and sure enough he has gotten blasted good.

Plus we are going to have a new set in less than a month...that always shakes things up. I remember Steven was going 0-4 or 1-3 every events and then Clone wars hit and got 4-0 and 3-1 in the two sealed events and then started getting 3-1 atleast every other event.
RevRevGar
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 6:36:57 PM

Nightwalker wrote:
my only win was against revan....

Revan chose that it would be tactically smart to allow you to win :]

-RevRevGar
Nightwalker
Posted: Sunday, June 7, 2009 7:55:14 PM

lol maybe it was to muchtequila that prompted my to put extra wookies into my squad over the point value...

When i first started playing my goal was just 1 wookie band to screw around with just for fun and now omfg so addicted to the game, like swm crack

Time for wotc to make the jedi wookies.....
Omnus
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 11:10:18 AM

I want to let everyone know some bad news. Our TO Brian passed away last night. Many of you may not know him personally but he was a great guy. He came out to our midnight release to help with the dci input and he doesn't even play SWM. He has done alot of work so we can have sanctioned events. Once he got our event switched to a different point total right before the start because of the store employee telling Shinja and Slie the wrong point total.

Brian was an amazing person and did alot for our gaming community. He will be sincerely missed by many.
joelker41
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 12:23:22 PM

Omnus wrote:
I want to let everyone know some bad news. Our TO Brian passed away last night. Many of you may not know him personally but he was a great guy. He came out to our midnight release to help with the dci input and he doesn't even play SWM. He has done alot of work so we can have sanctioned events. Once he got our event switched to a different point total right before the start because of the store employee telling Shinja and Slie the wrong point total.

Brian was an amazing person and did alot for our gaming community. He will be sincerely missed by many.

OMG what happened?

Wow...that sucks I saw him 2 days ago!!!
Nightwalker
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 12:29:32 PM

omg, this is really shocking...
i can't believe it @_@
danielmcdougall
Posted: Monday, June 8, 2009 3:24:52 PM

Wow! My thoughts are with his family and those who were close to him. Thank you for letting us know Omnus.
Glympse
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 11:04:13 AM

Oh man. I didn't know him, but he was very nice and very helpful to me when we did get to talk. It's terrible to lose such a good person like that, and so suddenly too.
vanlanning
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 2:50:19 PM

Omnus wrote:

Scared

tis' true

Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying Crying

Nightwalker
Posted: Wednesday, June 10, 2009 5:06:34 PM

Beatstick Battle Round 3 - Won by Republic Greater Mobile

Shaak ti JM, quinlin vos, r2, bithBSV, twilikBSV

Round 1 against charles very close win he played NR -kyle, kyp, mara
Round 2 against graff he had rebels - luke commando, VAR, hanton
Round 3 against Rob he played seps - serenno, 2 genos, bindo, san

Again my best to brian and his family.
Cybit
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 7:43:14 AM

Heads up: The tournament Saturday will be sanctioned, (if we want), as will the tournament a week from Saturday.

What are the details regarding Regionals and whether it needs to be sanctioned in advance or not?
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 8:37:27 AM

As an FYI I have a work meeting that is scheduled til 1 but it probably won't take that long this Saturday (the 13th).

I would appreciate it if I could still play but I understand if people don't want to wait.
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:57:29 AM

Regionals and Midnight Release Sealed I believe were both intended to be sanctioned, other imput omnus?
Cybit
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:57:34 AM

Duly noted, Joelker

Aside: Brian's memorial is on Saturday, June 20th, at Whidbey Island.
Nightwalker
Posted: Thursday, June 11, 2009 9:58:53 AM

As for holding the tournament its up to the judge but i am sure we wont have any problems with holding it ^_^ ill keep in contact with you and saturday morning you can call myself and let me know when your on your way!