RegisterDonateLogin

Now with 15% less sand in every glass.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2014 Chicago Regional - June 7th Options
atmsalad
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 3:05:07 PM
Groups: Member

Would someone be able to link a picture of tomb of the acolytes... I can't seam to find it.
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 3:07:01 PM

atmsalad
Posted: Monday, May 5, 2014 3:28:51 PM

Thank you!!
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, May 23, 2014 11:46:45 PM

2 weeks to the big event!

Hoep to see many of you there!
Sthlrd2
Posted: Saturday, May 24, 2014 5:35:54 AM

as everyone knows, Tim is the one guy that I get to game with most, so of course ill be there. just throwing this out there, but I would love to get some Royal Rumble in during Friday night follies. although I have been out of the meta loop this year, I will still be there defending my 2013 Chicago regional title. The same year the blackhawks won the Stanley Cup, hmm maybe my fate is tied with theirs...

If I lose here and the Blackhawks don't repeat, then im gonna be pissed at someone.
AceAce
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 1:31:03 PM

Pretty sure Etienne, Bryan and I are coming Sat.
atmsalad
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 2:31:57 PM

Oh sweet, looks like I have a ride 😉
countrydude82487
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:06:12 PM

Amanda and i would love to come, but it is my sons birthday, so not this year for us.. SOrry guys
DARPH NADER
Posted: Tuesday, May 27, 2014 3:13:18 PM

Unfortunately I also will be unable to make a return to Chicagoland, do to matters of a personal nature.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 12:53:59 PM

Added to the Friday night roster:

Dejarik 2.0!

All new streamlined rules, stat cards will be provided.

Come help us finalize this new version to showcase at GenCon!!!
FlyingArrow
Posted: Wednesday, May 28, 2014 1:03:02 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Note that this was not the final image. It was changed before it was printed. Each of the four tombs now has a 2-square door leading to the inner atrium. The change was made so that a huge can now squeeze into the inner atrium. Although it still can't cross to the other side of the map. Also, some random low objects are in each of the vaults.
TimmerB123
Posted: Friday, June 6, 2014 6:45:40 AM

Very excited for tonight and tomorrow. We have about 6 confirmed for tonight playing TILE WARS, Dejarik 2.0, and other fun games (cards against humanity anyone?), and more comming tomorrow.

For anyone who is heading out here - send me a PM and I'll give you my phone number.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:02:55 AM

Let's do this thing!!
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 4:20:11 PM

Top 4:

Jason K. (Clones of Vader--Vong)
Laura K. (Talon's Hat Trick)
Jake K. (Vong)
Lily Wan (Daala)

Jake won our semi (he also beat me in Swiss), and J beat Lily. First ever Vong v. Vong final?????!???
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:01:28 PM

Vong are overpowered. BigGrin
UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 6:32:58 PM

Jake pulled it out, 91-90. Congrats, Jake!

Lily beat me for third in another epic match.

Thanks to TO Tim, Deri for the loan of his laptop, Lex and all the guys at the Dice Dojo for another great event.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 8:18:42 PM

What were the Vong squads?
What Daala version?
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 8:46:43 PM

Quick rundown - I'll put more tomorrow:
Final placements after final 4 games:

!st place - Jake K - Nom, Yomin Carr, SO Quorreal, Yammosk, 2 PB Soldiers (Broken!), Viqi Shesh, 8 workers, 1 advance scout

2nd place - Jason K - SO Quorreal, Prefect DeGara, 3 PB Soldiers (Broken!), 8 PV Scouts (cloaked, pathfinder, forward positioning), Warrior Caste subcommander (gives blastbug and mobile), 2 uggies

3rd place - Lily Wan - Daala, Piett, Felucian ST Officer, Pelleaon, Gary, Mas, 2 uggies, 2 R7s, 2 Elite couts, 8 regular stormtroopers, 1 dignitary

4th place - Laura K - Talon's Hat Trick - Talon IB, Embo, Dash Rendar RS, Lobot, Jareal, Marn, Twi'lek BSV, uggie, mouse

- - - - - - - -

Also a shout out to:

5th place (and winner of most creative squad build) - Etienne - Darth Maul DW overlord, Pre Vizla, Kelborn, Merc Ccmmander, Mando Strike Force Leader, 3 DW sabateurs, 5 DW Mercs, 2 Mouse Droids
TheHutts
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 8:55:06 PM

Those Peace Brigade Soldiers are super good - glad to see them making an impact.
Sthlrd2
Posted: Saturday, June 7, 2014 10:03:05 PM

This was an update to my 2011 squad that featured Cad Bane, lobot, and 12 workers. That squad had 18 base activations, this new one has 16 base but has both Quorreal and Viqi to bring more in. I was surprized to find out that this squad plays completly different than the Cad Bane version.

Ill give a quick rehash as I don't have a lot of time right now.

Round 1 vs LillyWan running Daala. I bring in a Quednek with Quorreal and Gran x3 and Wicket with Viqi. She outactivated me by a few, but not much. I think 2. First 2 rounds are positioning and in the 3rd I moved Wicket up to open a door and got a nice gallop off killing 2 uggies, 5 stormys and damaged Piett. Quednek and wicket die shortly after but from then I octactivate and she is just trying to keep up while my PBS are shooting everything they can. Coundnt quite kill everyone, needed 1 more round. 2pnt win.

2nd round vs Laura and her Talon squad. I decide to try and deal with Disruptive with another gun rather than getting range 8 spits with the Seer. So SOQ brings in another PBS and another worker. Viqi brings in watto and a Zyg slaver (yep,even though he's nerfed). She had Lobot and Marn so that did come into play in the desicion. I just remember her bring in a twilek bodyguard (sorry can't remember what else). She starts moving Embo up to threaten a PBS but I was able to find some tough LoS on Embo with all 3 PBS and that was essentially game. Watto was great in this game. Once again, I think one more round to finish her off and I have to deal with a 2 pnt win again.

Round 3, vs Jason and his cloaked blast buggers. SOQ brings in a Quednek and Viqi brings in Momaw and a Gran. I made lots of mistakes just moving guys for no reason into LoS of his Zonoma Sekot Scout so he got to activate 1 and I couldn't fix the mistakes struggling to keep up. Jason wins with a 2 pnt win.

Round 4 vs Eittene (sorry if I spelled that wrong) and his Mandos. He moved his guys up with Resol'nare and in round 1 before he moved them all away from each other I was able to draw a tough LoS on a merc. I shoot with the PBS (no opportunist) and kill his merc and sets of a row of his bombs, killing 4 and dealing 80 to Pre Visla. He starts just marching Maul (now cloaked) and Kelborn up. I do everything I can to kill Kelborn then its killing everyone else I can. Might have been able to finish if I had 1 more round but Maul would have tough to chew through so a 2 pnt win and on to the finals.

Semis vs Laura and I bring in the same reinforcements. I mess up and she gets Embo deep. Lots of misses and I have to turn away from my plan and throw everything at Embo to finish him off. Watto was huge again but it took everything I could to kill Embo. And I think that delay was what stopped that being a full victory.

Finals against Jason, tried a different route and instead of a Quednek I brought in a Seer and 2more workers and with Viqi I bring in a rodian assassin and 2 grans. I stealthed up the Seer to make him a bomb which left the Yammosk hdden by 1 door. The whole game was him throwing everything that way and me trying to kill them before he got to the Yammosk. Eventually he does kill it. My assassin had a few good hits 3-4 total in the game. It was a nail biter and one wrong move could cost you. I couldn't look over to try and add up what are pnts were at the time. So I tried to kill whatever I could and ran Viqi into gambit at the end. After counting 4-5 times final score was me with 91 and Jason with 90. Extremly close and would have been interesting if we finished it out, but glad I was able to repeat at the Chicago Regional.

Hope that works as a write up, it was already longer than intended and I'm out of time.