RegisterDonateLogin

Unique (Counts as Bloo Milk)

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WI Regional Saturday, June 28 Options
Chargers
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 3:30:52 PM
Groups: Member

Janesville, WI will again host the Wisconsin Star Wars Miniatures Regional.

Saturday, June 28, 11:00 am
Kryptonite Kollectibles
1441 Plainfield Ave
Janesville, WI 53545
(608) 758-2100

store opens at 10am for registration
tourney will begin at 11 am
$15 entry fee
we'll have prizes for all:
-- Top Prize: The winner will win a 4 day pass to Gencon and a ticket to the main event which is on Saturday.
-- cool Eric Larson Trophies to Top 4
-- a variety of Star Wars related items to choose from

200 points
SWMGPA floor rules
restricted Map lists A, B, and C

Swiss hour rounds, then playoffs top 4

Head judge: tbd
Mando
Posted: Thursday, January 30, 2014 7:15:11 PM

Hopefully me and my brother will be able to come up for this again. We had a ton of fun last year! An no tournament in Wisconsin is complete without an invasion of us Minnesotan's. BigGrin
harryg
Posted: Saturday, February 1, 2014 11:21:29 AM

I'm pretty sure I can come again as well.
Mando
Posted: Tuesday, April 22, 2014 12:04:10 PM

My brother probably won't be able to come up this year, but I am planning to attend and one of my local playgroup guys is coming also, so you can count on at least 2 minnesotan's coming to wisconsin this year to the regional. Can't wait to see everyone again!
Mando
Posted: Thursday, May 15, 2014 5:17:22 AM

Update:

Great news! My brother will be attending! And I'll be bringing not just 1 but 2 of my local playgroup up for the regional. So count Minnesota in for bringing 4 players. Let the invasion of Wisconsin begin!! Mwuahahahahahahaha.Flapper

Edit: One of my playgroup guys is still trying to work his schedule out so he can make it, but its a strong possiblility. So at least 3 people are coming.
Chargers
Posted: Sunday, May 18, 2014 5:45:39 AM

Mando wrote:
Let the invasion of Wisconsin begin!! Mwuahahahahahahaha.Flapper

We look forward to it! It may get ugly like the Vong invasion, but we will send you back from whence you came. Flapper BigGrin
Jonnyb815
Posted: Sunday, June 8, 2014 6:04:03 PM

Ok with Matt only being 30 mins or so from the store now I am going to see if Bill and Matt want to go to this.
The problem I have is the game has changed so much in the two years I have been gone not sure I even want to play.
Mando
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 6:20:22 AM

Chargers wrote:
Mando wrote:
Let the invasion of Wisconsin begin!! Mwuahahahahahahaha.Flapper

We look forward to it! It may get ugly like the Vong invasion, but we will send you back from whence you came. Flapper BigGrin

I bring some sad news this morning. Last week, my sister (who lives halfway around the world) decided to give my family her itinerary for when she is coming back to visit us in the US. She should have let us know months in advacne, but she put off getting tickets to come and now my brother and I are in this situation. She is going to be in South Dakota visiting my parents on the last week of June, and this will be my brother and I's only chance to see our sister this year. I am really disheartened that I and my brother will have to miss the Wisconsin regional this year. We are having a family reunion that weekend to celebrate our sister coming back for home. This suprise visit was totally unexpected (I'll have to talk to her about telling us way in advance of when she comes to visit so we can make plans around that) so we do have family obligations that will prevent us from attending this year. I'm hoping both of us and some of my playgroup guys are able to attend Gameholecon this year. Hope you guys understand! I was really looking forward to playing in the regional this year! My Vong squad I've been working on for half a year was ready to hopefully make a good showing. Sorry about this all, and I hope guys have a good turnout and a good tournament!

The other guys in my group may still attend, but if they do they will drive seperately, as we won't have our large carpool going down there.
harryg
Posted: Monday, June 9, 2014 8:06:44 AM

I can't come either. Going to a graduation party. Hope you guys all have fun up in Janesville.
curler88j
Posted: Thursday, June 12, 2014 9:30:38 PM

80% sure I'm coming to this. No idea what I'm going to run yet.. When playing Vset pieces, any piece can represent it right?
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 1:53:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Yes, although it's nice if the piece bears SOME resemblance to the figure it's representing. Basically, it just has to be clear to you and your opponent which piece is which.
Mando
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 6:07:29 AM

curler88j wrote:
80% sure I'm coming to this. No idea what I'm going to run yet.. When playing Vset pieces, any piece can represent it right?

its good to have a figure that closely represents the v-set piece as possible. For example, don't use a ewok to represent Darth Bane. Instead, maybe use the Sith Lord piece from WotC days. I generally try to have V-set force users represented by other figures with lightsabers. Makes it much easier for the opponent to recognize them.
jak
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 4:43:15 PM

UrbanShmi wrote:
Yes, although it's nice if the piece bears SOME resemblance to the figure it's representing. Basically, it just has to be clear to you and your opponent which piece is which.

like my little ponies for luke and han?ThumbDown Cursing
DARPH NADER
Posted: Friday, June 13, 2014 5:17:59 PM

jak wrote:
UrbanShmi wrote:

like my little ponies for luke and han?ThumbDown Cursing

Or a fire axe.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 3:59:21 AM

LOL
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 7:43:07 AM

Apparently you all didn't here about the Chicago Regional. Urban Jedi used all imperial pieces for his Vong squad. He had like a dozen Vaders on the board as PV Scouts. It was very confusing.
jak
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:08:05 AM

THAT SH*T NEEDS TO STOPCursing
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:23:38 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
Apparently you all didn't here about the Chicago Regional. Urban Jedi used all imperial pieces for his Vong squad. He had like a dozen Vaders on the board as PV Scouts. It was very confusing.

Only to you Tim :)

Everyone else pretty much knew which guy was which.
atmsalad
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:30:14 AM

jak wrote:
THAT SH*T NEEDS TO STOPCursing

I am with you guys, I would rather play a my little pony squad... at least then you don't have a preconditioned idea of what the pieces are. So glad I never played that squad.
juice man
Posted: Saturday, June 14, 2014 10:31:15 AM

TimmerB123 wrote:
At least the were all Vaders and did not have wings. (the wings make me believe they have flight)