RegisterDonateLogin

That thing's operational!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : How do you feel these changes affected your games? (Poll is closed)
Choice Votes Statistics
10PG and 3-2-1 positively impacted my games 8 50.000000 %
10PG positive/3-2-1 negative impact on my games 0 0.000000 %
10PG negatively/3-2-1 positively impacted my games 0 0.000000 %
10PG and 3-2-1 negatively impacted my games 0 0.000000 %
10PG had little/3-2-1 positively impacted my games 2 12.500000 %
10PG positive/3-2-1 had little impact on my games 5 31.250000 %
10PG had little/3-2-1 negatively impacted my games 1 6.250000 %
10PG negative/3-2-1 had little impact on my games 0 0.000000 %
10PG and 3-2-1 had little impact on my games 0 0.000000 %

Gencon- 10 point gambit and 3-2-1 scoring Options
jak
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:19:40 AM
Groups: Member

Maybe Trev has sooo many trophies, that he doesn't have the same love for all.LOL
how many of dem bad boys you got anyways?
thereisnotry
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:34:11 AM

I'm not sure how many trophies I have in total. But I have 10 on display in my office at work!
atmsalad
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 9:02:16 AM

juice man wrote:
At one of the Frosty Cons I got the "Sportsman" trophy. We all know what that means - butt kicking with a smile.
When I see it my thoughts are "wow! what a cool trophy" not "humph". It's all about perspective. They are both cool trophies.

I got the sportsmanship award this year at gencon Blushing
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 12:57:33 PM

atmsalad wrote:
juice man wrote:
At one of the Frosty Cons I got the "Sportsman" trophy. We all know what that means - butt kicking with a smile.
When I see it my thoughts are "wow! what a cool trophy" not "humph". It's all about perspective. They are both cool trophies.

I got the sportsmanship award this year at gencon Blushing
Did you get it for the champs?
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:46:49 PM

I got the sportsmanship award in 2012. It was that Clone Wars set that has the lancer. It is still unopened. No offense to Eric who does great trophies, but when I look at that unopened set, it means more to me than the 2 top 8 trophies I've gotten. That award came after a very difficult year for me, and it came after a year of this community rallying around me. The sportsmanship award will always be an important one to me, and I am glad to see that it went to a deserving individual.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:48:23 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
I got the sportsmanship award in 2012. It was that Clone Wars set that has the lancer. It is still unopened. No offense to Eric who does great trophies, but when I look at that unopened set, it means more to me than the 2 top 8 trophies I've gotten. That award came after a very difficult year for me, and it came after a year of this community rallying around me. The sportsmanship award will always be an important one to me, and I am glad to see that it went to a deserving individual.

I don't own a single Lancer, and this guy has unopened CW scenario packs sitting around. Some sportsman! Tongue Wink
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:49:08 PM

Weeks wrote:
In fairness, Jim did clownstomp the bye.

LMAO
Darth_Jim
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:50:37 PM

Echo24 wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

I don't own a single Lancer, and this guy has unopened CW scenario packs sitting around. Some sportsman! Tongue Wink

You couldn't run a lancer if it had a wind up key in the back. 'Er, wait...you were the one who showed me on Vassal how to play one. Point withdrawn.
Echo24
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 6:53:54 PM

Darth_Jim wrote:
Echo24 wrote:
Darth_Jim wrote:

You couldn't run a lancer if it had a wind up key in the back. 'Er, wait...you were the one who showed me on Vassal how to play one. Point withdrawn.

No, it's true. I'm much better at teaching how to use a Lancer than actually using it. The pressure of actually being in the game prevents me from focusing enough to play it well or something. But those who can't do, teach.
DarkDracul
Posted: Wednesday, August 27, 2014 8:04:08 PM

Echo24 wrote:
But those who can't do, teach.
But those who can, don't always have what it takes to be a teacher. A good teacher can even teach things that they themselves are not able to do. Sounds like you have that man.
Darth_Jim
Posted: Thursday, August 28, 2014 2:52:37 AM

DarkDracul wrote:
Echo24 wrote:
But those who can't do, teach.
But those who can, don't always have what it takes to be a teacher. A good teacher can even teach things that they themselves are not able to do. Sounds like you have that man.

Teach Bryon to lose to me...apparently he doesn't know how. Channel your 2012 Mystery Map game with me.