RegisterDonateLogin

You could use a good kiss.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2015 Hall of Fame nominations Options
Echo24
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 10:05:02 AM
Groups: Member

Alright, so it's time to do the nominations for this year's Hall of Fame class! This will be open for almost 3 weeks, ending January 31st.

The way it works is you can nominate exactly 5 people for induction into the Hall of Fame. The current members of the HoF will then vote on the nominees. Post all nominations in this thread.

The top 3 nominees (people who got the most nominations) will get 1 free "community vote" during the voting process.

Threads are up at both Gamers and Bloomilk; please only post your nomination in one of the two places, not both. Remember that you should nominate exactly 5 people, no more, no less.

As a reminder, here is the list of people who are currently in the Hall of Fame. Don't nominate these guys!

Class of 2008:
Dennis Beard aka Boris the Dwarf
Matt Francella aka Jedicartographer
Jim Fraser aka Moses2813
Eric Larson aka Engineer
Steve Leskow aka Fool
Bill Russell aka Billiv15
Shawn Sparks aka StSparks72
Jason Tanner aka Nickname
Chuck monarch aka ChuckM
Rob Watkins
Kelly Krieble aka Dr Divot
Dean Miller aka Dnemiller

Class of 2009:
Aaron Brueckman aka Lobostele
Jack Irons aka Ironlightsaber
Deri Morgan aka Fingersandteeth
Sarah Richey
Lou Vasilion aka Lou
Prien Xavier

Class of 2010:
Jason Alvey aka Darkjedi21
Mike Fryda aka Kcelser
Matt Peterson aka Mt Magus
Aaron Shockley aka Shinja
Chris West aka Mapmaker
Padraig Neuendorf aka I Kill Gungans

Class of 2011:
Ray Becker aka dvader831
Josh Derksen aka armoredgear7
Les Eller aka LESHIPPY
Daniel Stephens aka Echo
Scott Sykes aka Sithborg

Class of 2012:
Brad Phillips aka The_Celestial_Warrior
Tim Ballard aka TimmerB123
Trevor Payton aka thereisnotry
Jason Kiernan aka urbanjedi
Kerry Logan aka Kezzamachine
Chris Neal aka jedispyder
Ian Gordon aka Jester007

Class of 2013:

David Weeks aka Weeks
Jim McNaney aka Darth_Jim
Eric Frost aka Ruhk

Class of 2014:

Dave Stoecker aka Swinefeld
Graham Bingham aka Greentime
Gerry Russel aka DarphNader
Graham Fyfe aka TheHutts
Laura Kiernan aka UrbanShmi
Ricky Heck aka Sephiroth99is
TheHutts
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 11:31:39 AM

Dr Daman - has won 4 NZ 200 point tournaments in a row over two years, establishing himself as NZ's premier player, and also did a lot of the squad building that led to Daala getting neutered.

Mark AND Tim - ran a podcast for years, run the biggest playgroup in the US.

FlyingArrow - big and longtime board contributor, backed it up as a player this year with a Regional win and a GenCon top 8. Big part of Daala discussions as well, developing top tier Snowtrooper swarms.

EDITED - Jake (sthlrd2) - didn't realise he wasn't in already, feels like he should be with design team contributions and Regional wins.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 2:19:12 PM

My nominations are mostly for guys who have been involved for a long time, and always seem to just miss the cut.

Jake K - Only vset designer not in yet. Should be corrected soon.

Mark and Tim - The Hutts said it perfectly. Also great guys to know

Mike G - put a lot of years and a lot of effort into the SWM community.

Dr. Daman - once again - The Hutts said it best
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 2:49:29 PM

My vote is for Scruffyhan
He always tell things like it is, fights the good fights, and is a top rate player.
Has won regional tournaments and large Vassal tournaments as well.
droidadmiral
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 2:56:13 PM

jen'ari wrote:
My vote is for Scruffyhan
He always tell things like it is, fights the good fights, and is a top rate player.
Has won regional tournaments and large Vassal tournaments as well.

read the rules you must vote for 5, no more no less.
jen'ari
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 3:07:41 PM

scruffyhan
scruffyhan
scruffyhan
scruffyhan
scruffyhan

DARPH NADER
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 4:08:27 PM

I submit the following five names for HoF consideration...

1. EmperorDragon
2. Ace Ace or Wacoblaze
3. jak
4. sthrld2
5. jew3

FlyingArrow
Posted: Monday, January 12, 2015 6:20:00 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

1. Dr Daman
2. Jake (sthlrd2)
3. James (jew3) - He doesn't post much, but after seeing what he does at GenCon, he deserves it.
4/5. Mark and Tim
jerjerrod4
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 5:48:46 AM

1. Hans Garrett aka Scruffyhan, annoying, toxic personality, but the dude wins.

2. Bronson McNellis aka Theultrastar Great player, did a lot of work playtesting for the early v-sets, keeping the game going in TN in his own way. He's always given out of his own pocket to run events, and has also done well at various regionals attended.

3. Jonathan Cavallini aka Pegolego Great kid, is very unselfish in the way that he gives out prize support and offers people great deals to help build their collections. Consistently thinking of others over himself.

4. Matt Spry aka spryguy1981. What can I say he's done it all it seems. He's consistently playtested from Sets 1-9, including being a member of the playtest committee from Set 6 foward. He was 2nd at GenCon, has won at the regional level, and has at least 6 Top 4's that I can recall. His zeal for the game is strong.

5. Dave Moore aka Dr Daman. He is an all around great guy and player. He has consistently proven himself in various events from Vassal Regionals to NZ events that he has carried a strong winning performance. Always willing to help the game and also has a strong zeal for the game.
Echo24
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 1:46:04 PM

Dave Moore: One of if not the best players from NZ. Deserves to get in based on strength of play alone, but is ALSO a solid presence in the community.

James Wyszinski: Historically a good player (gave me my only loss at GenCon 2010!), but running and setting up GenCon in recent years is a massive undertaking that he doesn't get thanked for enough. He's also been a part of this community for longer than probably anyone not in the HoF already.

TJ: Has become a massive community figure in recent years, and also obviously a strong player with a great showing at GenCon and Regionals last year.

Mark and Tim: They were so valuable to the community for so long, they've gotta be in.
thereisnotry
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 2:19:36 PM

1. Dave Moore
2. James Wyszinski
3. TJ
4&5. Mark and Tim
Darth_Jim
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 9:34:03 PM

1.Mark and 2.Tim from Star Wars Miniverse. For the longest time they hosted a well engineered, well organized show with consistency and class. In addition, they built a playgroup that is strong in numbers to this day. It has been a long time coming, and I am happy to allot 2 of my nomination slots to them.
3. James Wyszinski: Geez, I can't believe he's not in already. He was always one of our better players for years and now he has been in charge of GenCon these last 2 years and also this coming one.
4.Dr. Daman: The second coming of The Hutts down under with regards to winning consistently. The NZ group continues to grow in strength and their numbers should grow in the HoF.
5.Mike Giles: Mike has been a strong player and a presence at GenCon for years, and has worked behind the scenes with Vset playtesting for a number of years as well. Additionally, the guy can do good customs work. Don't hold his anti-Broncos artwork against him...he's a blue-collar allstar for SWM.
urbanjedi
Posted: Tuesday, January 13, 2015 10:47:52 PM

Every year, I think it is going to be easier to pick just 5, but it doesn't.

1. James Wyszynski (Jew3) -- First player to win 2 regionals in a season. Plus what he has done for the community at Gencon the past two years should be more than enough to be a Hall-of-Famer

2. Dr. Daman -- I have always felt the Hall of Fame is for players first and other second. Arguably the best player not in.

3. Flying Arrow (TJ Highley) -- Breakout year with a regional win (well after Daala was known) and a Gencon top 8 as well as his long time commitment behind the scenes.

4. AceAce (Mike Giles) -- Great Player, Organized the Playtesters for quite a few sets, and tons of other contributions.

5. Lily_Wan (Lillian) -- 100% hands down the best customizer in the community. All I can say here is, when I mentioned that she was going to be running the custom workshop at Gencon in 2015, that quite of few of our customizers said that THEY wanted to sign for it. Enough said in my book.
countrydude82487
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 12:37:36 AM

1. James Wyszynski (Jew3)-- The amount of planning and work he has put into running our Gen Con Events for the last several years would be enough on its own.

2. Mike Giles (ACEACE)-- Previous lead play-tester, and a current member of the play-test committee.

3. TJ Highley (Flying Arrow)-- alot of forum support play a regional win and a well spoken and all around great player.

4. & 5. Mark & Tim (Chargers)-- A staple for a very long time in the Competitive and fun aspect of the game. For so long they ran they primary pod cast i listened to other than Sith Holo News. They introduced myself and so many others into different aspects of the game, as well as reviewing pieces to give you other options of using them.
droidadmiral
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:06:29 AM

1. scruffyhan, dude is a winner plain and simple, plus his comments on forums and squads are brilliant. not to mention the Zam caught the Klat squad brilliant simply brilliant.

2. spryguy- has been an activist for minis for a long time, great player.

3. ultrastar- did a lot of playtesting, traveled all over, and is trying to keep minis alive in any way possible

4. Dr.Daman- should already be in it

5. Deaths_Baine- dude just tells it like it is, calls a spade a spade, and tries to make sure the game stays balanced.
pegolego
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:57:13 AM

Matt, Spryguy1981. Been a dedicated v-set playtester for a long time, also an incredible player (a die-roll short of a Gen Con win!).

Bronson, theultrastar. Also did a lot of playtesting and basically THE minis guy in TN as far as running the competitive game here for years. Key mind behind the brilliant new format of minis as well! Also an excellent person to know!

Hans, ScruffyHan. Love him or hate him, this guy deserves a nomination. One of (if not the) best players of I've ever faced in a match, wins all kinds of tournaments; regionals, vassal tourneys, the new TN format, standard, what have you. I hear he's been doing this since almost the dawn of minis.

Dave, Dr. Daman. Incredible player out of New Zealand! His dedication to and knowledge of the game speak for themselves. Big winner of some major tournaments, deserves a spot.

And James, Jew3. Top level player who has been a major part of running Gen Con for the last 2 seasons, and he's not in yet? He deserves the recognition!
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:53:05 AM

ok my nominations are

theultrastar: he runs all of our tournaments. He has kept the game going for all of us in TN. He traveled all over the country often taking a few of us with him to various tournaments. He was one of the top playtesters for the vsets. He has played and beaten the best in the game. Won the TN regional, which I'm going to go ahead and say is the hardest regional to win at.

deaths_baine: best player in our group and when he wants to win. There is not a player in the game that can beat him.

scruffyhan: when you can enter a tournament, announce at the beginning that you are going to win, and then do just that. You are truly a rare talent. He created a truly unique and powerful squad last season with Zam Caught The Klat. Also he's a complete gentleman in a strip club. Me and him came up with my Cay Qel Droma squad that I ran at the TN Regional last year while getting lap dances. It was truly a special night.

Spryguy1901: he's done some things here and there. Came close to beating me once. So for that he gets my vote.

last but not least Dr Daman. Any time you can dominate an area like he did last year with NZ winning all of their top tournaments you have to be considered in HoF voting. If winning Gencon gets you an auto include, then dominating NZ like Daman did should do the same.
kezzamachine
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 11:37:06 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Tim!!!
Mark!!!
Daman
Flying Arrow
Spry
darth_Nevar
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 7:51:25 PM

theultrastar
deaths_baine
shmi15
scruffyhan
pegolego
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:00:45 PM

1.Scruffyhan - brings a special uniqueness to the table. Even if he is a douchebag, I do not think that will stop people from voting for someone who deserves a nomination.

2. TheUltrastar - He is the Grand Master Luke of TN. Does what is necessary for the game to live on even if he does not want to have that responsibility, truly the most passionate individual in Star Wars mini's right now. mastermind behind the new star wars format that has gained a lot of attention and fun.

3. Deaths_Baine - great dude, has been on the forums forever trying to make things fun, exciting, and balanced. He always fights the fight when it needs to be fought, even if it is not the norm. I have never played or seen anyone with as good character placement. He has single handily taught at least 5 people, who still play, how to play.

4. Pegolego - the man does it all and his selfless attitude helps many people.

5. Mando - he ran Nute Gunray.