RegisterDonateLogin

Come on, admit it. Sometimes you think it's all right.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

2015 Hall of Fame nominations Options
swinefeld
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 8:39:36 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Each year, it seems like the pool of deserving nominees should have shrunk, yet that is never the case.

Mark & Tim - if not this year, when?

James Wyszynski - overdue, both as a player and organizer

Jake K. - besides all his other accomplishments, his work ethic as a designer on set 9 clinches him a spot in my 5

T. J. - great contributor and had a great year as a player, but his assistance with QC and rules related stuff over the last year has been invaluable, so much so that I must pass over several others (some for yet another year Sad)

This might be a bit easier if there were separate categories...

Lou
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:09:32 PM
Groups: Member

My votes
James W GenCon is a huge pain in the butt and he runs it without many hitches.
Mark & Tim
Dr. Damon
and my favorite player to play against Mike Giles Waco Blaze.
TimmerB123
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 9:29:44 PM

swinefeld wrote:
Each year, it seems like the pool of deserving nominees should have shrunk, yet that is never the case.

Agreed!

Luckily, this is true, because it helps us to continue the game. We've had some titans doing more than their fair share for years now (such as Swinefeld, who I am quoting) - but others keep stepping up as well. It really is a community effort.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:44:08 PM

In no particular order, and its so hard to choose every time this comes up.

1. "Surf" Surf Rider 56 - makes thousands of high quality, free, ready to print statcards for the community, which have brought joy to many game groups the world over. Has also put up with incessant requests for 'MOAR DROIDS' for years, and is yet to snap... BigGrin
2. Liliwan, makes great custom stat cards or figures.
3. Biggsy: awesome customs, great community supporter and minis advocate.
4. Lord Ball: makes some top notch custom stats and figures.
5. Azrikel: makes some excellent stats and figures/games boards the envy of many the world over. The exhibition matches have also helped to promote the game.

Honorable mentions to Hothie, Lady Hothie, Jak, Darthwhovian and EmpireJeff.

I have to agree with Swinefeld, if only there were more than one category, as others have said, its just so hard to nominate only 5 people. BigGrin
darthwhovian
Posted: Wednesday, January 14, 2015 10:55:44 PM

Wow, thanks for the mention kobayashimaru! I would nominate:
1-Lord Ball: very knowledgable
2-Deathwielded: excellent designer and input guy!
3-jak: makes interesting and flavouful customs
4-CorrellionComedian: great custom maker and ideas
5-DarthRattlehead: just seems to be a great guy and an axe wielder, kudos:-)
6-everyone who keeps this game fresh, new and supports others builds with input and guidance, thank you very much :-)
darthwhovian
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 5:50:22 AM

I forgot a critical person, pegolego! He has a awesome generosity and great knowledge. He also comments greatly on custom builds! Kudos to you:-)
scruffyhan
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:04:50 AM

droidadmiral wrote:
1. scruffyhan, dude is a winner plain and simple, plus his comments on forums and squads are brilliant. not to mention the Zam caught the Klat squad brilliant simply brilliant.

While all of this is true. You have to stop. Everyone has to stop nominating me. I hate ceremonies. Award's are as bad as Weddings. Think of me as the Pete Rose of Star Wars Minis. I probably deserve it, but I have a lifetime ban for having a winning personality and better hair than everyone. So while you all flatter me. This madness has to stop. I do not want it.

That being said, I would like to nominate 5 guys who truly deserve this prestigious honor. ClydeBaneheart, Darth_FloydOfTheSith, freakingtimbush, ken_watson76, Nastyboogr. The unsung heros of Star Wars Miniatures. Without these men, Wizards of The Coast would not have sold at least 5 packs of Clone Strike. So it is with a humble heart that I submit these names for consideration.
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:22:33 AM

Hans Garrett aka scruffyhan Can't stand the barve but he finds a way to win

Bronson McNellis aka Ultrastar Great player, great event coordinator, great playtester for a long while

Jonathan Cavallini aka Pegolego Good friend, player, and very unselfish person with donating prize support and raising money

Dave Moore aka Daman Best player not in the HoF

James Wyzinski aka Jew3, he coordinates GenCon and as I am one of Ray Beckers best friends I know what kind of headaches go into that so he deserves it.
DarkDracul
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 9:22:45 AM

Mark, Tim, and James Wyzinski should just be auto-included into SWM HoF for their many past years of community service.

I'm casting my votes for individuals who have recently had a hand in the evolution of the SWM game.

1. TJ Highley aka Flying Arrow
2. Jake K aka sthlrd2
3. Matt Spry aka spryguy1981
4. Mike Giles aka ACEACE
5. Dave Moore aka Daman
AndyHatton
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 1:50:15 PM

Mark
Tim
FlyingArrow
Spryguy
Sthlrd 2
Darth Hiltz
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:14:09 PM

I submit the following five names for HoF consideration...
1 Deathwielded:
2 jak
3 Darthwhovian
4 ultrastar
5 CorrellionComedian
theultrastar
Posted: Thursday, January 15, 2015 7:40:22 PM

Darth Hiltz wrote:
I submit the following five names for HoF consideration...
1 Deathwielded:
2 jak
3 Darthwhovian
4 ultrastar
5 CorrellionComedian

Thanks for the vote!
Darth O
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 2:12:11 AM

It's obviously hard to narrow it down to 5, but that's the rules so that's the rules.

Dr Daman
Theultrastar
Spryguy1981
FlyingArrow
Ace Ace
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 3:25:45 AM

After giving this a lot of thought, here are my nominations:

1. James W (Jew3)--a great player from back in the WotC days, and for the last two years we've really seen a resurgence in our Gen Con presence under his watch. Should absolutely be in consideration for his role in keeping the game alive.

2. TJ Highley (FlyingArrow)--Constantly amazed by how present and engaged TJ is with the community. Seems to always be on the rules forum, analyzing the meta, building and commenting on squads...And that's not even mentioning all his work on the v-sets. And a top 8 at Gen Con this year (where I finally got to meet him). Very deserving.

3. Jake K (sthlrd)--has been a bit more of a behind the scenes guy until recently, but he's always been willing to step up for whatever was needed. Has been a big contributor to the Gen Con customs these last two years, very solid player (and Regional winner), active playtester, and finally got to step up as a designer for set 9.

4. Dave (Dr. Daman)--clearly among the most dominant players of the New Zealand group, and a driving force behind all the conversations about Daala earlier this year. As others have said, should be in on the strength of his play.

I have several people in mind for the fifth spot, great guys and gals who have contributed a lot to the community. It seems like even as the number of active players dwindles, the level of involvement of the remaining players increases. Still, on strength of overall contributions, this year my fifth is:

5. Mike Giles (AceAce)--always a pleasure to play against, heck of a nice guy, very good player, super involved with the Playtest Committee, customizer, all-around MVP.
harryg
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 4:22:19 AM

1. FlyingArrow
2. dr Daman
3. Deathwielded
4. Pegolego
5. Sthlrd
Tkuz5
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 8:27:06 AM

1. James W. (Jew3)
2. FlyingArrow TJ
3. AceAce Giles
4. Dr deman Dave
5. Lily_Wan Lillian
jak
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 11:02:12 AM

Jew3-after seeing his work at GenCon, we'd have no SWM there without him
Juice man-great player, who makes the effort to travel to play in tournaments, and a top 8 Champ in '14
Sthlrd2-active in the vsets,and traveling competitor.
Pegolego- great trader, has great deals on minis, and always throws in some freebies with your order.
jak- yea! Me. Past mod,awesome customizer, gave away hundreds of minis for free, travels to play, top 8 in '12
TO for tournaments, and a nice likable guy.
darthwhovian
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 12:31:49 PM

@Darth Hiltz, thank you fir the vote, I'm honored to even be considered:-)
gholli69
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 1:10:22 PM

Alright so I guess I'll throw my two cents in as well for what they are worth.

1. James W. :I never had the chance to play against him as I didn't join the community until late in the game, but from what I
hear he was pretty good and after attending Gencon the past couple of years it's obvious he is very deserving based on his
efforts at organizing all that that entails.

2. Dr. Daman : He obviously is very involved with the NZ group and has the winning pedigree to deserve this, and I think the
contributions of our international groups be represented as well.

3. Bronson Mcnellis aka The Ultrastar, a heck of a nice guy and a very active TO that has been in the community a long while.

4. AceAce (Mike Giles) long time playtest organizer and customs maker for the sealed event at Gencon, also a really nice guy
who has helped keep this game going by continuing to attend regional events to help support this game.

5. Sthlrd2 (Jake K) much like AceAce also been involved with playtesting/customs for several years and a well respected
player who continues to attend regional events to help support this game.

AceAce
Posted: Friday, January 16, 2015 6:03:25 PM

1. Sthlrd2 (Jake K) : A good dude and plays and travels well. Always good to see him.
2. James W: For his unselfishness in running GenCon alone he should be in. I don’t know many people who would spend 4 days running like crazy just to make others happy, awesome dude.
3. Dark Dracul (Bryan Hole): Still playing the game after all these years and can always count on him to travel to some surrounding regionals. Always happy to help us play test and help new people with minis and time.
4. TJ Highley (FlyingArrow): A good guy that I had never met until last year at GenCon. I appreciate anyone who is passionate about the game and community and he clearly is both.
5. Randy Barker: A super good dude who has been playing since Rebel Storm. His Minis Madness format is now after 2 years at GenCon a valued and fun event and one not to be missed. A fine player as well and always happy to travel to play and attend events.