RegisterDonateLogin

Price: 7 wupi wupi per gallon.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Custom Booster Pack Contest Options
General_Grievous
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 5:39:16 PM
Groups: Member

Votes:
Synergy as a Custom Set: Corellian Comedian but super close second to Surf_Rider

Top Five

1. Amadeus - Tusken Raider Storyteller as well for me, such an interesting idea.

2. Surf: Undercover Agent, great Klat alternative. A tough to hit override piece is a great alternative to the similarly costed Klat. Great job!

#3 CorellianComedian: Sith Commando. Really like the one man lone wolf beast you have here able to wreak havoc on it's own.

#4 kobyashimaru: Wookie Disgruntled Tribesperson
Definitely your best one and cool mix of abilities.

#5 Surf
Inquisitorium Enforcer, just love it, really sweet combination of abilities and force
Amadeus
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 6:57:37 PM

My votes:
1) Rakghoul Marauder (GG) - A heavy, durable rakghoul delivery system that can really pack a punch on the big targets, but painful screech in the right spot can trigger multiple rakghouls if your opponent leaves their ugnaughts out in the open and you can get adjacent to a few. Just love this one.
2) Vader, Jedi Killer (SR) - One tough dude, and imperial conscription is really cool. I also like that his cannon effect is twin
3) BL-Series Battle Legionaire (CC) Mandalorian droid? Yes please! Signal jammer is a neat ability, and really condenses a fight.
4) Sith Commando (CC) - Really cool do-it-all sort of guy in a faction that doesn't have much of these kind of pieces
5) Wookie Disgruntled Tribesperson (Koba) - That name is awesome, and its a cool piece that can really drop some damage.

For overall set, my vote is for CorellianComedian, nice overall booster!
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 9:38:38 AM

Sorry, busy Mothers Day, so my votes a lil late ...

My Top Three Favorites from each person

Amadeus

New Republic Agent - 9
Tusken Raider Storyteller - 7.8
Tarpals - 7.8

CorellianComedian

Echani Spy - 9
Sith Commando – 7.5
Mandalorian Vong Hunter – 8.25

General_Grievous

Wookie Slaver - 9
Mandalorian Grenadier - 8
Rakghoul Marauder - 8.25

kobayashimaru

Jawa Flanker – 8.75
Sith Commandant – 8.75
Wookie Disgruntled Clansperson - 8
Mandalorian CQC Quartermaster 8
Echani Courtier 8

Since Koba had a 3-way tie for his third, I took the hint and ....

Top Booster - kobayashimaru

Three way tie for best piece

General_Grievous - Wookie Slaver
CorellianComedian - Echani Spy
Amadeus - New Republic Agent

Two Way Tie for 4th

Koba’s Jawa Flanker & Sith Commandant

I Almost have an urge to make cards of these 5 pieces but I'll refrain because they don't belong to me ....

I'm happy to see I'm not the only one who makes flawed pieces; the trick is to make as few flaws (or mistakes) as possible. A 9 is as high as I go on anybody. I wouldn't even give My Own Best Ever piece higher than a 9, so well done people.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, May 11, 2015 11:31:23 AM

Wowsers,
thanks for the feedback - this has been a fun contest - so when's the next one? BigGrin
(I'll have to get realworld into gear and try and make minis hhehe)

@surf
I don't know what to say, Surf.
Go on, make the Flanker - I don't own SWMinis or the alphabet hehehe BigGrin
(could a jawa jedi redo also be on the cards?, you've already made one, but no-one complain about more rare non-unique jedi)
I think for the Sith Commandant, I may have borrowed from some of your early stuff -or at least, it was an influence BigGrin

@ all,
thanks for the feedback overall,
I am astounded that people tried Alek Squinquargesimus, and playtest report via inbox - it is a little raw,
and there were some "what the fudge?" moments from the wording on the test-powers... maybe a simplification and redo would make for a 'pre-darksider, republic generalissimo" Malak? BigGrin
and especially on the wookie - it is a little overpowered an undercosted,
yet, it does a 'wookie' level of damage BigGrin
and synergize with Yoda RotS and Tarful and some Chewbacca (hopefully also Zaalbar and Chundar, or MadClaws...)
the more fun part? with a name that is neutral, people can make any type of wookie figure to represent the piece - including underrepresented female wookies (chewbacca's family will be interesting to see, if they are in the disneyJJ canon)
the only female wookie in figures so far, is Wookie Scout RotS.
Tyvokka would be retcon to female (as per the 'what if' comics),
but a female wookie jedi would be awesome, female wookie scientist, or female wookie bartender.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 12, 2015 11:12:33 AM

.... this is why I don't create Epic cards and "Fan Boy" cards are unrealistic ....

Too many SA's and FP's are just too unrealistic and impossible to fit in a regular card.
SignerJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 8:54:26 AM

Sorry for taking so long to reply; things've been kinda crazy for me. Do you want me to tally up all of the votes, or are each user's individual posts sufficient..?

Also, if there's enough interest, I can start a second contest within the next few days, whenever you all want. We could set the signup deadline to be the end of Saturday, and I could assign the pieces Sunday. (I probably won't include myself this time, though, for obvious reasons.) I think Legacy of the Force could be a good set this time, though I'm open to alternate suggestions.
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 10:33:43 AM

SignerJ wrote:
Sorry for taking so long to reply; things've been kinda crazy for me. Do you want me to tally up all of the votes, or are each user's individual posts sufficient..?

Also, if there's enough interest, I can start a second contest within the next few days, whenever you all want. We could set the signup deadline to be the end of Saturday, and I could assign the pieces Sunday. (I probably won't include myself this time, though, for obvious reasons.) I think Legacy of the Force could be a good set this time, though I'm open to alternate suggestions.

I am on board for another whenever you guys are ready and great idea
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:31:20 PM

@surf...
if staggered activation has taught us nothing,
its that staggered activation is awesome.
Simples, just up Darth's activations to 6, and give him "Ponderous Savage - must attack the closest highest value target"

or,
just leave the ability only?
Luke Skywalker Jedi Master, from Universe set, it was exceedingly tiny font...

(awesome though, thanks for sharing the statcard BigGrin )
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, May 13, 2015 2:45:29 PM

Not touching that Vader card. Even a Super-Size card was a headache; I could barely fit it all in. The V-Set boys argue for days and weeks on what to put in (and will it fit.) We had the same arguments doing The New Lost Twenty cards and it taught me a lesson about "Less is More" as long as you take your time and pick the Right abilities for each individual.

As for the card, I actually made cards for all my top 5 picks for best card (excluding my own.) Just been too lazy to post them .....
SignerJ
Posted: Thursday, May 14, 2015 2:25:51 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
Not touching that Vader card. Even a Super-Size card was a headache; I could barely fit it all in. The V-Set boys argue for days and weeks on what to put in (and will it fit.) We had the same arguments doing The New Lost Twenty cards and it taught me a lesson about "Less is More" as long as you take your time and pick the Right abilities for each individual.

I agree completely, even if I don't always do it myself. Razz

Anyway, I think I'll give until Saturday to sign up for the next round, and then I'll assign the boosters on Sunday (Legacy of the Force it is!), give about two weeks to finish the sets, or less if everyone finishes early, and then allow about three or four days for voting.