Is worth a lot to me.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Custom Booster Pack Contest Options
SignerJ
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 2:31:31 PM
Groups: Member

surf_rider56 wrote:
Just so's we all understand ....

1. A typical Booster, VR/R Uncommons, commons.
2. A representation of the figure (not necessarily of the character of the actual figure)
3. Various factions (as opposed to all the same faction)
4. Best possible synergy, if possible.
5. Note to self - no cards or artwork .....

Synergy with each other isn't necessary. Though, playable pieces are probably more likely to be ranked higher by other participants (?).
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, April 23, 2015 10:50:30 PM

@surf,
Voila - you have it! BigGrin
knock yourself out for more statcards if you've got some in mind BigGrin They're always appreciated - and its great to hear from you! BigGrin
(Apologies to vouch, I couldn't pass up the chance hehe).

I think my booster didn't/wouldn't pass quality control - it had 1 more uncommon and 1 less common than normal -
most boosters had 7 minis : 1 R/VR, 3Uncommon, 3Common.
Some, especially towards the end, or any from Toys R Us,
tended to have 8+ figures, and usually more uncommons.

The early sets, I bought 2 cases of Clone Strike (we all teamed up and it worked out cheaper that way)
and there were 2 VRs for the whole case, and 6 Rares. quality control was horrible hehe.

Im looking forward to seeing everyone elses stats! It will be awesome BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 6:55:31 AM

First off, never was into deciding rarities on my cards, never cared, never worried. Second, I’ve always said, if it can’t fit on a card, I’m not putting it together; having said that, it was rather interesting doing Vader (more on him later.)
I was given this booster, and it turned into this

Darth Vader, Scourge / Jedi Imp into Darth Vader, Jedi Killer Imperial
Sith Marauder Sith into Inquisitorium Enforcer Imperial
Old Republic Captain OR into Imperial Intelligence Officer Sith
Juggernaught War Droid OR into Interrogation Droid Sith
Mandalorian Commando Mando into Black Sun Trooper Fringe
Mandalorian Scout Mando into Elite Mandalorian Advanced Scout Mandalorian
GenoHaradan Assassin Fringe into Undercover Agent Fringe

I actually made the squad (they come out to 188 pts) in a way that it would work as a real squad; faction differences taken care of with Vader’s conscription ability (yea, I know it wouldn’t really work that way but for a Booster squad’s sake ….

Now we come to Vader; As the “Chosen One” he should technically, especially as he got older and meaner, been able to wipe the floor with anybody, so I said to myself “What would a Super Vader (with no card limitations) look like and here he is …. and no, I may/may not make cards of these (Definitely no Vader) but whatever ……

I never was much for a stats-only figure, but as an intellectual exercise, it was amusing ... Have at it with the critique and let the games continue .....

Ooopps .... back to work ....
kobayashimaru
Posted: Friday, April 24, 2015 1:10:48 PM

@surf
BlooMilk
Neat! it's like you can read minds or something, because you've anticipated the incessant requests to see the Vader made into an actual Surf-statcard BigGrin

That darth vader is PERFECT for recreating the Conclave of Kessel incident, or any of the Purge-era stuff. The CE is competitive, and this'd make for a great Dynamic Duos Vader - at 80pts, he could also have a hand or a trooper option for the offsider.
The interrogator droid is also scary - reminds me of Dr Ball MD from robo-chickens. BigGrin
Vader and Dr Ball, MD as a dynamic duo - that's terrifying.

The undercover agent is also much better than the original Genoharadan.

@all,
here's hoping to see even more stats.
How is playtesting coming?
As I feared, my present stats are undercosted by ~3points...
also, people are unsure of Alek's CE. If its the first CE, people want more HPs and a higher cost (68-78pts).

any ideas on rewording any of that stuff? BigGrin
EDIT:
thanks for the ideas and BMs,
I've solved the CE problem after playtesting, and upped the HPs. Often, reserves won't arrive until after turn 4. people were torn about making it a fraction of the total squad points, or a fixed amount. Fixed amount 30pts was preferred BigGrin
The CE also has 'mandalorian hunter' +4/+10 - but with a drawback being adjacent-only.

Also, thanks for pointing out that the Jedi Crusader also exists, because that piece, Alek Squinquargesimus and Darth Revan make for a nasty squad. HK can even be in the squad under 200, and it'll be outactivated but hard hitting.
SignerJ
Posted: Sunday, April 26, 2015 8:00:22 AM

Surf_rider56, I never thought of Imperial Conscription as a special ability before, let alone on a Darth Vader. It fits perfectly, though, and I'm surprised that no one's done it before!

@kobayashimaru: I'm not sure what to do with the CE. Maybe someone else has some suggestions?
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 7:47:30 PM

*clarification for confusing custom abilities can be found after each entry

Mandalore the Uniter (Mandalorian Scout)
Mandalorian; 45 Points
Medium
Very Rare

110 Hit Points
20 Defense
+12 Attack
20 Damage

Unique, Double Attack
Greater Mobile Attack
Beskar’gam 6
Close-Quarters Fighting
Rally Point (Mandalorian allies within 6 squares cannot have their stats reduced by enemy abilities)
Fringe Hunter (+4 Attack and +10 Damage against Fringe enemies)
Inspiration (This character's Commander Effect is not considered to be a Commander Effect by other characters)*
Synergy +4 (+4 Defense while within 6 squares of a Mandalorian ally)
Rapport (non-Unique Mandalorian followers cost 1 less in a squad with this character)

Commander Effect: Non-Unique Mandalorian allies gain Fringe Hunter and Synergy +4 (+4 Defense while within 6 squares of a Mandalorian ally).

Mandalore the Uniter rallied Mandalorians from around the galaxy to the defense of their homeworld, transforming Mandalore into a significant industrial power and beacon of stability in the Outer Rim.

*Basically, this character's CE is treated somewhat like Yuuzhan Vong Special Abilities: It's not affected by Relay Orders, Disruptive, the Yammosk, etc. However, the character is still considered a commander.

Arkanian Sniper (Jarael)
Fringe; 20 Points
Medium
Uncommon

50 Hit Points
16 Defense
+8 Attack
20 Damage

Verpine Shatter Rifle
Careful Shot +4
Gauntlet Knife +10
Parry
Rolling Attacks (+0)
Stealth
Single-Shot Blaster

Who says a sniper rifle can’t be a melee weapon?

ASN Courier Droid (ASN Assassin Droid)
Fringe; 8 Points
Small
Uncommon

30 Hit Points
18 Defense
+0 Attack
0 Damage

Droid
Flight
Relay Orders
Distraction

The ASN Courier Droid came equipped with repulsorlifts, and was designed to carry information and small packages.

Sith Commando (Elite Sith Trooper)
Sith; 26 Points
Medium
Common

60 Hit Points
17 Defense
+9 Attack
20 Damage

Double Attack
Greater Mobile Attack
Loner
Stealth
Merciless 20
Thorium Charge

Sith Commandos were just as dangerous as their counterparts on the front lines.

Echani Spy (Echani Handmaiden)
Fringe; 12 Points
Medium
Common

30 Hit Points
15 Defense
+5 Attack
10 Damage

Twin Attack
Cunning Attack
Spy
Recon

The Echani value speed and agility over brute force and power – but that in no way means they are less dangerous.

Mandalorian Vong Hunter (GenoHaradan Assassin)
Mandalorian; 23 Points
Medium
Common

60 Hit Points
18 Defense
+8 Attack
20 Damage

Affinity (can be in a New Republic squad)
Commando
Hunter
Stealth
Crushgaunt (This charater gets +20 Damage against adjacent enemies. This counts as a Melee Attack. If a Large or smaller enemy reduces damage from this character with an ability whose name contains Armor or Damage Reduction, it loses that ability for the rest of the skirmish)

Boba Fett rescinded the ban on crushgaunts after they proved to be an effective counter to Vonduun Crab Armor.

BL-Series Battle Legionnaire (Juggernaut War Droid)
Mandalorian; 22 Points
Medium
Common

60 Hit Points
18 Defense
+10 Attack
20 Damage

Droid
Affinity (can be in a Separatist squad)
Twin Attack
Speed 8
Signal Jammer (Enemies within 6 squares lose Relay Orders. Enemy commanders within 6 squares cannot have their commander effects counted from characters with Relay Orders)
Synergy +2 (+2 Attack and +2 Defense while within 6 squares of an allied Mandalorian Protector)

The Battle Legionnaires were created to act as frontline troops for the Mandalorian Protectors during the Clone Wars.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Monday, April 27, 2015 9:20:35 PM

@CorellianComedian,
Neat!
I have to say that, my favorite piece is "BL Series Battle Legionnaire"
for separatist reasons
Although, they're all pretty awesome
Crushgaunts (perfect counter to the Vong) and Mandalore The Uniter are awesome theme pieces also.

The wording on the Mandalore the Uniter piece is also food for thought, and has just the right balance of 'adds power' to 'major AoE/Direct Damage vulnerability" - as well as the nerfing of disruptive superstealth.
Mandalorians become more viable with this piece, and a threat to the OR... maybe justifying what Squint ends up doing to em? BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 6:47:49 AM

@ Cor-Comedian

Mandalore-Uniter - Probably the trickiest piece to even consider; very busy but a specific piece to aim at the Vong (if you know you're playing against them.) The Crushgaunts are an interesting idea; I would've priced him at 51 but anything over 45 you start getting into semantics/nit-picking so close enough ...

Which actually comes to my main point of your set; four out of the remaining six are under-costed, some Way past "aggressively" costed.

Echani Spy - Like the piece and costed about right :)

Courier Droid - Idea is nice, but the second you start pouring on abilities, the cost jumps; 1-2 SA's a few points (to your 8) but after the second SA (droid notwithstanding) it just jumps exponentially; you jump up to 15 points with 3 more SA's .... nice idea though; Difficult Target and Distraction are probably what pushed it past 8-9 points.

Arkanian - The flavor explains the Parry/Knife SA additions, but by definition if a sniper is close enough for a melee fight, he's probably surprised and vulnerable if he's concentrating on his shot so not sure about him; costed about right though.

Legionaire - You seem to have a running theme where all your pieces are multi-dimensional, being able to do all things whenever (which may explain the undercosting.) Squad Firepower on a Droid? Not sure about that. The Medpac kinda throws me; doen't fit. Undercosted by 7 too.

Vong Hunter - Probably the most balance piece you've got; simple and actually overcosted (I'd have put him around 17.) The Crushgaunts again are a nice idea.

... and now we come to the Sith Commando (which is what caught my eye and made me do this ahead of you, Koba.)
At first I was thinking "No, Way undercosted!) but as I look at it again it's probably only 6-8 points undercosted; should've been 25-27. Also, except for the Togorian Vigo, no non-unique has a GMA + Stealth ability combo so again, not sure about this piece.

Some nice ideas but too much packed in for to little cost ....
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 8:30:13 AM

@ Koba

Mandalorian CQC Quartermaster

CQC = Close Quarter Combat?
Like Redirect Attack; Nice idea. The "idea" of a Trophy, yes, but not sure about that token part; maybe in a house game but not "danged uncompetitive."

Sith Commandant

Like the Chain of Command, but maybe changed the wording to "with an adjacent character who's name contains a rank" instead of literraly naming every rank (and possibly a future rank yet to be created.)

Echani Courtier

Like the smokescreen idea, (but again, would it be "danged uncompetitive?" Grenades 20? Mistake on the use of a "?"Possibly change flavor text "tacticians" to tactical?

Wookie Disgruntled Clansperson (we don't need to be politically correct; call him a "Clansman."

Not sure if "Squad Assault" fits the character; maybe "Loner" would fit the character better? A Grumpy Wookiee; who'd have thought? :)

Mandalorian Ubercommando-a (Mandalorian Super Commando)

Maybe just call him "Elite Commando?" Like the idea of a Programmed Target, although "programmed" might be a bit too droid-like. Maybe "Assigned Target?" Also, your first undercosted piece; probably closer to 23 (Programmed and Snare-cord kick it up 2-3 each plus its 5 SA's. which seems to be a trigger in costing if there're "Special" SA's involved.

Jawa Flanker (love the name :) )

Light-averse - what an interesting idea! Could be a fun piece to play (the attack's a little high for a Jawa.) Not sure
I understand the "Imperial Remnant" bit even with the explanation.

Saved our friend Squinty for last; he's a busy guy.

He's a pretty heavy hitter for only 80 HP's; maybe 100 pts? You've got him packed with stuff (... and all these tokens/counters and area effects ideas make it sound like you've been playing AD&D lately. Force Maelstrom for example sounds like an RPG ability and very complicated. Lastly he's closer to 78 Pts than 68; but then again the caveat has been "danged uncompetitive!"

I sense more than a "Disturbance in the Force" with you Koba; your gaming interests are showing more than ever and its not always Star War Mini's! Cool

kobayashimaru
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 9:30:59 AM

Hahaha,
thanks for the feedback, Surf BlooMilk
Apologies to subjecting folks to read a bildungsroman.

SWMinis is awesome, though the Imperial Assault boardgame, (and D&D or Pathfinder, or GOBS etc) are closer to that strategic-hybrid - the walk of the fine line between 'full-on SWRPG" and 'I think I could play this game while relaxing with a game group etc".
Somewhere, perhaps our local meta mutate? BigGrin
Tannhauser is probably the more impact, follow by Clix.
I want to encourage people to make houserules and find a way to play the game, maybe encourage piece for RPG conversion? BigGrin

Alek "Malak"; I'm designing him with the Jedi Crusader and Revan in mind - to not allow too much synergy, but to reflect a version prior to the Mandalorian War. Maelstrom is revised from a previous custom ability I made long ago, and I thought I'd try it again BigGrin it is complex... maybe later it will refine.
Being on the cheaper side, will let the squad at 200 or 250 have more option, and I want to frustrate the options for Dynamic Duos BigGrin
I may take the minimalism suggestion onboard, and cut some of the drawbacks, and a force power - thanks! Hopefully 'less is more'.

Mandalorian CloseQuarterCombats Quartermaster, you have it in all. I too am torn on how to refine "Trophy" system - I want to give with this piece, a characterful piece to die-hard Mandalorian faction fans - so they can 'teabag' but with minis BigGrin
The token was supposed to function like 'I can't believe its not force points', so the mandalorians have similar token system, but it is not called 'force points'...

Sith Commandant, I agree with the feedback - on the card when its printed, I'd have that version. But, I wanted to specifically delimit which ranks, to only within the sith faction that is printed on a 'natural sith faction' card, to prevent Fringe or dual-faction piece from benefiting. Siths are discerning, but they can only pull rank with other sith hehe.

Echani Courtier - i take that onboard, and rework the smokescreen - i forget to specify duration before it dissipate, because as previously worded, the Courtier would be running around placing permanent smoke-screens everywhere.

Wookie Clansperson - I choose the PC route, because I'm aware all nationality of player plays SWMinis, and doesn't want that loaded barrel. BigGrin
I don't know what gender the wookie mini would be represent - this helps custom makers make any 'gender wookie' they want to. (expect to see wookies with nailpolish etc in the nuWarsCannon real soon... maybe a disney princess-wookie)
This is probably the more overpowered piece, but something also of a glass cannon - they are frustrated as a clan, and might be stopping the Trandoshans and Kathar etc that infiltrate Kashykk and try to fight with wookies? They're mad/disgruntle, but not 'frothing mad' or 'zombies'... yet. BigGrin

Mando-a Ubercommando-a : This is a joke piece in some ways - yet, in playtesting, Mandalorian diehards seem to like the piece as is - and it had them reflecting on the 'raw deal' that Traviss and Watson received, and the lament over the 3D show...
I also agree that its maybe too robotic - the droids/bots obsession bleeds through. Maybe, these are like the Iron Man Armor Wars arc - some robots help bolster the dwindling Mandalorian numbers after their horrible civil war...

Jawa Flanker (I was also thinking of 'Advance Scout')
In some of the NJO era stuff, jawas were found aboard an eclipse-stardestroyer, and were used reluctantly by the Moffs as 'techies' that would fix up all the breakables. Very few of Jawas left Tattooine, but they did.
The attack might be high... but as crack shots demonstrate well on R2D2, some jawas can be crack shots BigGrin
They were light averse, so it always made me wonder why that wasn't modeled. Though, being light-averse helped them to survive (and if Maelstrom etc is out there, it would also help to survive).

CorellianComedian
Posted: Tuesday, April 28, 2015 3:47:42 PM

Thanks for the feedback, guys!

surf_rider56 wrote:
@ Cor-Comedian

Mandalore-Uniter - Probably the trickiest piece to even consider; very busy but a specific piece to aim at the Vong (if you know you're playing against them.) The Crushgaunts are an interesting idea; I would've priced him at 51 but anything over 45 you start getting into semantics/nit-picking so close enough ...

Thanks! Is Inspiration the anti-Vong part? The Uniter doesn't have crushgaunts (unless this paragraph wasn't entirely devoted to Mandalore the Uniter). I will review his costing.

surf_rider56 wrote:
Echani Spy - Like the piece and costed about right :)

Thanks!

surf_rider56 wrote:
Courier Droid - Idea is nice, but the second you start pouring on abilities, the cost jumps; 1-2 SA's a few points (to your 8) but after the second SA (droid notwithstanding) it just jumps exponentially; you jump up to 15 points with 3 more SA's .... nice idea though; Difficult Target and Distraction are probably what pushed it past 8-9 points.

I'll drop some of the SAs to keep the cost at 8. (I don't think it needs to be a gambit-getter).

surf_rider56 wrote:
Arkanian - The flavor explains the Parry/Knife SA additions, but by definition if a sniper is close enough for a melee fight, he's probably surprised and vulnerable if he's concentrating on his shot so not sure about him; costed about right though.

Good to know he's costed right. I was thinking that Jarael's staff could pass as a sniper rifle, but what if it was a sniper rifle AND a combat staff? But the abilities do mesh a little strangely (Careful Shot and Gauntlet Knife :P)
surf_rider56 wrote:
Legionaire - You seem to have a running theme where all your pieces are multi-dimensional, being able to do all things whenever (which may explain the undercosting.) Squad Firepower on a Droid? Not sure about that. The Medpac kinda throws me; doen't fit. Undercosted by 7 too.

Maybe I'll drop Squad Firepower. According to Wookieepedia, they did have medical packs for use on organic allies, but who's going to spend 20 points for the ability to heal?

surf_rider56 wrote:
Vong Hunter - Probably the most balance piece you've got; simple and actually overcosted (I'd have put him around 17.) The Crushgaunts again are a nice idea.

Thanks! They can get twin pretty easily, does that make them worth 25? (+12 for 50 twice against adjacent enemies) (also, I just realized that the Affinity is pretty redundant - should I change it to NR affinity, or just drop it?)

surf_rider56 wrote:
... and now we come to the Sith Commando (which is what caught my eye and made me do this ahead of you, Koba.)
At first I was thinking "No, Way undercosted!) but as I look at it again it's probably only 6-8 points undercosted; should've been 25-27. Also, except for the Togorian Vigo, no non-unique has a GMA + Stealth ability combo so again, not sure about this piece.

Thanks again! I'll review them and make a few changes.

EDIT: Changed Sith Commando's cost from 19 to 26; changed Mando Vong Hunter's cost from 25 to 23 and changed Affintiy from New Republic with Boba Fett to simply New Republic; changed Arkanian Sniper's Rolling Attacks to +0 Attack; took Medical Pack and Squad Firepower from Legionnaire, gave it Synergy +2/+2 for Mando Protectors, and boosted cost to 22; took Speed 8 and Difficult Target from ASN, dropped Defense from 20 to 18; left the Echani Spy and Mandalore the Uniter alone for now.
kobayashimaru
Posted: Wednesday, April 29, 2015 7:57:43 PM

@CorellianComedian,
Neat!
That's looking good - I'd be happy to see a booster of those from the KOTOR pack.
Especially that ASN, it fills a niche. (Asajj Ventress, Separatist General... with ASN, cue ride of the valkyries).
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 10:07:12 AM

Here are my entries:

Luke = Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order (Rare)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23259/luke-skywalker--first-of-the-new-order

Shyrack = Sith Familiar (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23253/sith-familiar

Boma = Rakghoul Marauder (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23262/rakghoul-marauder

Sith Guard = Sith Trooper Grenadier (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23227/sith-trooper-grenadier

Mandalorian Scout = Mandalorian Grenadier (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23260/mandalorian-trooper-grenadier

Wookie = Wookie Huntmaster (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23226/wookie-huntmaster

Wookie = Wookie Slaver (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23225/wookie-slaver
Amadeus
Posted: Tuesday, May 5, 2015 7:27:18 PM

Between moving to a new place in a new city and starting my new job plus not having internet for a period of time, I've managed to produce some pieces. They aren't great but its the best I can do given given the circumstances.

Commons:

New Republic Agent (wedge antilles) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23268/new-republic-agent
Guardian Corps Battle Droid (Juggernaught war droid) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23239/guardian-corps-battle-droid
Nekghoul (Rahkghoul) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23257/nekghoul
Gungan Bodyguard (Gungan Shield Bearer) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23266/gungan-bodyguard

Uncommons:

Tusken Raider Storyteller (Tusken Raider Scout) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23243/tusken-raider-storyteller
Wookiee Chieftan (Wookiee elite warrior), made previously but I need to sleep http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23081/wookiee-chieftan

Rare

General Tarpals (Gungan Soldier) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23267/general-tarpals
Really liked his character in that one clone wars episode when he faced down grievous
SignerJ
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:26:42 PM

Today is May 6th! I won't be able to get mine in, sadly, but the contest continues regardless. How long do you think we should have for voting after the end of today? Four days, or a week?
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, May 6, 2015 2:29:43 PM

SignerJ wrote:
Today is May 6th! I won't be able to get mine in, sadly, but the contest continues regardless. How long do you think we should have for voting after the end of today? Four days, or a week?

I would say four days, May 10th until 2359 hours
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, May 7, 2015 10:17:29 PM

Just a few queries on how voting will work.

Do we vote for the customs as a set,
do we vote for MVP (most valued piece) and vote for our favorite characters,
and how many vote do we have? (our top 5 picks etc).

If we can only vote for 1-3 pieces, it will be hard, because so many awesome pieces were made. BigGrin

Votes:
Synergy as a Custom Set: Surf_Rider 56 if for Darth alone, the whole set is well made, and simple elegance.
This was hard to only vote for 1, because many of these boosters, I'd be happy to open! BigGrin

Top Five MVP/Honorable Mentions
#1 Surf's "Ultimate Darth Vader" BigGrin
#2 GeneralGreivous - Wookie Huntmaster
#3 CorellianComedian - BL Series Battle Legionaire
#4 Amadeus - Tusken Raider Storyteller
#5 CorellianComedia - ASN Droid redux
(they're all awesome, but these are the top five, from a highly prodroid-bias perspective hehe BigGrin )
SignerJ
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 3:32:04 AM

kobayashimaru wrote:
Just a few queries on how voting will work.

Do we vote for the customs as a set,
do we vote for MVP (most valued piece) and vote for our favorite characters,
and how many vote do we have? (our top 5 picks etc).

If we can only vote for 1-3 pieces, it will be hard, because so many awesome pieces were made. BigGrin

I think we could do multiple kinds of votes:

We'll vote first for favorite custom set.
And then we'll also vote for top five favorite individual pieces.

And I think I'll bump back the due date for voting until 2359 on May 11th, Sunday night.
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, May 8, 2015 9:09:34 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Here are my entries:

Luke = Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order (Rare)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23259/luke-skywalker--first-of-the-new-order

Shyrack = Sith Familiar (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23253/sith-familiar

Boma = Rakghoul Marauder (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23262/rakghoul-marauder

Sith Guard = Sith Trooper Grenadier (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23227/sith-trooper-grenadier

Mandalorian Scout = Mandalorian Grenadier (common)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23260/mandalorian-trooper-grenadier

Wookie = Wookie Huntmaster (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23226/wookie-huntmaster

Wookie = Wookie Slaver (uncommon)

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23225/wookie-slaver

Some interesting pieces here GG

Wookie Slaver – Nice piece! – Simple & uncomplicated. The flavor explains the otherwise non-Wookie idea of a Wook Slaver. Looks like a piece I might’ve made a card of.

Wookie Huntmaster – He’s a little overpowered; I know Wooks can hit hard but he’s capable of doing +50 Attack and if he get’s Double/Twin ….

Mandalorian Trooper Grenadier – Sounds Like Magma Pebble; Flame thrower would have been pretty much the same thing although I can understand the wanting to use Grenades.

Sith Trooper Grenadier – Thinking about Grenades much?  30 might be too much; maybe 20?

Rakghoul Marauder – Like the idea, but I think maybe 60-70 HP’s? Screech might be overkill.

Sith Familiar – Not sure what to say, you did the best you could with a flying creature I wouldn’t have known what to do with. Not sure I would’ve given it offensive powers (Maybe some kind of Recon ability) and I think the Cloak might be a bit much; if its self-aware I could see it doing lightning but cloaking? If its unawares it wouldn't cloak (at least I wouldn’t think so but what do I know? Cool

Luke – Certainly costed about right, but he seems to be disproportionally lightsaber SA’s over Force Abilities, and Force Bond could’ve easily been just another add-on of the CE. I can see where you want to go with the piece; a Luke that can use his lightsaber for Attack and Defense, but I think he’s a little too niche for me, and frankly Burst is a little too indiscriminate for someone like Luke.

Some nice ideas, but like anything custom, tweaks are always ongoing (with me anyway.)

Amadeus wrote:
Between moving to a new place in a new city and starting my new job plus not having internet for a period of time, I've managed to produce some pieces. They aren't great but its the best I can do given given the circumstances.

Commons:
New Republic Agent (wedge antilles) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23268/new-republic-agent
Guardian Corps Battle Droid (Juggernaught war droid) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23239/guardian-corps-battle-droid
Nekghoul (Rahkghoul) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23257/nekghoul
Gungan Bodyguard (Gungan Shield Bearer) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23266/gungan-bodyguard

Uncommons:
Tusken Raider Storyteller (Tusken Raider Scout) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23243/tusken-raider-storyteller
Wookiee Chieftan (Wookiee elite warrior), made previously but I need to sleep http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23081/wookiee-chieftan

Rare
General Tarpals (Gungan Soldier) http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23267/general-tarpals
Really liked his character in that one clone wars episode when he faced down grievous

Amadeus, what characterizes most of what I say is confusion on a lot of your pieces, but on the fly since you’re busy, that makes sense.

New Republic Agent – Love the piece, except the +10 Attack; should’ve been 5, but otherwise great piece.

Guardian Corps Battle Droid – Not sure I understand Hidden Backup at all so I’ll leave it at that.

Nekghoul – They were Force-wielding, so I’m surprised you didn’t go there. No multiple attack abilitiy?

Gungan Bodyguard – Pretty offensive for a guy who’s job is to be someone’s defense.

Tusken Raider Storyteller – I like the idea of a Tusken storyteller/Loremaster (I’ve done several Loremaster types myself.) But I agree with GG, the Storyteller ability is pretty complex; it could use some simplification.

Wookiee Chieftan – Like him overall (fancier than my Wook Chieftan) but I have questions; why would a Chieftan Relay Orders? He gives orders, doesn’t Relay them. Also, I find it hard to believe that your CE stating “Non-unique Wookiees cannot be moved by enemy abilities that force movement” will stop a Wookie from being moved by a Force Push. I’m sure you mean something else but it should be more clear.

Tarpals – Like the piece overall; hits pretty hard although not often (Twin maybe because of his Staff?) Not sure about the CE. What’s Overload? Don’t like Jar Jar much huh? Not sure why Jar Jar would be a bigger klutz because of Tarpals ….

Papers to grade; I’ll vote on Sunday.

Cheers
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, May 10, 2015 12:38:04 PM

Great work guys! I've really enjoyed this!

For best booster, I vote surf rider56.

For individual pieces, I vote as follows:

1: Luke Skywalker, First of the New Order (General Grievous)
2: New Republic Agent (Amadeus)
3: Darth Vader, Jedi Killer (surf rider56)
4: Undercover Agent (surf rider56)
5: Tusken Raider Storyteller (Amadeus)

But good job to everyone! There were many awesome pieces made, and it was hard to narrow it down! Props to SignerJ for coming up with this!

I'd also like to give a shout-out to those of you who took the time to leave thoughtful feedback for the other competitors' pieces (especially surf and Koba)! I'm sure everyone appreciates it just as much as I did ThumpUp