upset, let's make them happy!" so they overkill. the non-
uniques in this pack are just way too good, and i'm just plain
mad at the way these people do things. is anybody else in
agreement?

"you've failed me for the last time."
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:05:29 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

The CE is there mainly so Luke isn't a follower. It also helps older figures as well. And the Exceptional Apprentice isn't that great. He is decent for a faction without a JWM.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:11:52 AM
Groups: Member

As for super powerful characters being rares, it's been done before. Take a look at Vader, JH or General Windu.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:22:48 AM

Oh I can go along with his thinking a bit. Maybe not to the extreme of his but I get his point.

I look at Revan and the new Luke. They are fanboy pieces (I am admittedly a Revan fan). They are way over the top. They are costed so they will hardly ever see play in a serious competitive enviorment with much success. It is almost as though Rob says you want it you got it with those two figures.

I have never thought Revan was worth his cost. OThers may I just think there are better choices. Luke will be the same to me. He is an awesome singular piece but this is a squad game. I mean seriously he cannot even be play in any of the formats except 200 with a remote chance of success.

So I can certainly understand someones frustration. Folks wanted a great NR Luke piece. I just dont think they wanted something so over the top.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:25:02 AM

dnemiller wrote:
Oh I can go along with his thinking a bit. Maybe not to the extreme of his but I get his point.

I look at Revan and the new Luke. They are fanboy pieces (I am admittedly a Revan fan). They are way over the top. They are costed so they will hardly ever see play in a serious competitive enviorment with much success. It is almost as though Rob says you want it you got it with those two figures.

I have never thought Revan was worth his cost. OThers may I just think there are better choices. Luke will be the same to me. He is an awesome singular piece but this is a squad game. I mean seriously he cannot even be play in any of the formats except 200 with a remote chance of success.

So I can certainly understand someones frustration. Folks wanted a great NR Luke piece. I just dont think they wanted something so over the top.

I'll take GM Luke over Revan. Sure, they are both over the top, but at least Luke has mid-cost support. That's the big difference. In 200 points, you can surround Luke with some pretty decent support. That's hard to do with Revan. Not to mention Revan has little to no defense against shooters (Dark Armor). For as high cost as Luke is, I think he can find a home in the 200 point game. I don't think you can say the same for Revan.

BTW, I am also waiting for a good Sith or OR Revan to be made.
mercenary_moose
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:25:18 AM

dnemiller wrote:

Agreed!
joelker41
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:25:49 AM

First off just calm down and take a breath.

Secondly, if you do a search for NR/Fringe force users without Renewal, there are FAR more of them without it then with it (Kyle Katarn Battlemaster, Mara Jade, Jedi, Corran, Kyp, Wolf) the list goes on and on.

His CE isn't going to be used much, it's true. But hey, you don't see Captain Rex's CE used much, or Boba Enforcer's Net Gun, Jabba Crime Lord's Mighty Swing, and say Malak's Force Stun (although it is VERY useful vs. people who don't know it's coming). A lot of figures have stuff that just doesn't get used that much.

That is OK. I am quite happy (ecstatic actually) that Luke is neither a follower or in this case without his CE he would probably be 105ish points, and that is sick and wrong to have a figure with that much power be that cheap.

Overall, it isn't a big deal.
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:25:49 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

I don't know, Leia does amazing things for Luke's playability.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:28:03 AM

Sithborg wrote:
I don't know, Leia does amazing things for Luke's playability.

Bingo.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:30:57 AM

it's not just luke and the NR, it's the sith too.
and i'm aloud to get upset joker, especially on
a site where sqaud killers run around and if
you say anything about shinja, you get attacked
by rabid fanatics who practically worship him.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:36:52 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:

Confused Ok.....
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:37:23 AM

I like Luke. He's super powered and really high priced and probably won't see much use in DCI events, but there will be some that will still use him, the new leia and some ugos or mouse droids for 150 points.

I'm glad to have the most powerful mini, except for the ATAT, be a Rare as everyone will have a chance to play him and have fun with it. I just wish they'd go back and make some edits on older pieces to help make them competition worthy.
Tirade
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:40:29 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:
I like Luke. He's super powered and really high priced and probably won't see much use in DCI events, but there will be some that will still use him, the new leia and some ugos or mouse droids for 150 points.

I'm glad to have the most powerful mini, except for the ATAT, be a Rare as everyone will have a chance to play him and have fun with it. I just wish they'd go back and make some edits on older pieces to help make them competition worthy.

I think you might be surprised how effective Luke will be with the right support. That was the biggest worry after Rob confirmed his stats. Pieces like Leia, Cade, Kol, and Kyp are going to be great with him.
mrtyler7
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:41:08 AM

ArtemisCFrog43 wrote:

I have to agree. And, if you read the books, I think this figure suits the kind of jedi that the writers have made Luke. Super powerful, best swordsman ever, master of almost all jedi techniques.. etc, etc..

I also agree that there are a lot of abilities, and even CE's on characters are rarely used, so I don't mind his CE so much. There are still quite a few low cost characters that could use it.

And yeah, you're allowed to get upset, but why? Its just a game. We're all supposed to be having fun, right?
Uggie Demo
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:50:19 AM

I strongly agree.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:52:46 AM

actually the sith have pretty good pieces, also look at Naga Sadow, he completely rocks, a jedi is probably going to spend a force point to reroll the poison +20 from him than he can sith sourcery, they cant reroll unless they have MOTF2 so dont put the sith down, they completely rock, a few more non-unique good pieces and they will be a top squad to use.
lukey84
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:54:07 AM

keep in mind that we still havent seen the new Kyle. he could add something new and unexpected to the NR.
awesome
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:55:57 AM

lukey84 wrote:
keep in mind that we still havent seen the new Kyle. he could add something new and unexpected to the NR.

Yeah he probably has that chii so style or something.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:56:30 AM

umm I really don't know what Aaron has to do with this..... But if he is liked and has friends then they should defend him. That is what friends do, they remain loyal.
dnemiller
Posted: Thursday, June 4, 2009 7:58:59 AM

awesome wrote:

actually the sith have pretty good pieces, also look at Naga Sadow, he completely rocks, a jedi is probably going to spend a force point to reroll the poison +20 from him than he can sith sourcery, they cant reroll unless they have MOTF2 so dont put the sith down, they completely rock, a few more non-unique good pieces and they will be a top squad to use.

I dont think anyone said the Sith doesnt have good pieces but just like real Sith Lords in Star Wars Cannon.... they often really don't work all that well together.