RegisterDonateLogin

Bloo or Bloo not. There is no cry.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Thoughts on GM Yoda Options
billiv15
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 2:53:05 AM
Groups: Member

Zalkrie wrote:
Excellant stats, but I agree with amsnow....the fig really looks lame. Looks like an old decrepet Yoda, not a grand master fighter.

Watch Episode 2 and 3, before Yoda pulls out the lightsaber. That's his sculpt, especially episode 2 right before he fights Dooku. I actually think it makes perfect sense in universe. After all, Yoda is like 880 years old at that point. You think he only became old and decrepit in his 16 years on Dagobah?

A Grandmaster isn't an all powerful being in Star Wars lore, which is why the Luke EU garbage is so ridiculous. A Grandmaster is a wise old sage who may still be a good fighter (watch Yoda fight Dooku - Aturu Mastery makes pretty good sense), but his main focus are on making others better (+3/3 CE) and using the force - throw and defense.

This is exactly what Grandmaster Yoda should look like, according to the old school Star Wars lore that Lucas envisioned and described in the early years.
Squid89
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 4:13:53 AM

The throw is perfect for when he and Obi re-enter the Jedi Temple in Ep. 3. The pose is a nice connection from the Republic Yoda to the Rebel one. He is ready to burst into action in a hurry - don't underestimate the calm demeanor. lol I was kinda hoping for some ability to reflect him surviving the Purge like Elusive (Attack rolls of a natural 1, 2, or 3 automatically miss against this character). A reverse Vaapad of sorts. I don't mind the combo he has though and like the CE better than if he were a Force Battery. This brings the clones back into play a bit as well - although that goes against the idea of him being an Ep. 3 character but fits with the Ep. 2 theme. For gameplay purposes, it will boost all kinds of pieces and gives us a Yoda that is different than his other Republic forms without replacing them.
Zalkrie
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 4:42:01 AM

billiv15 wrote:

Watch Episode 2 and 3, before Yoda pulls out the lightsaber. That's his sculpt, especially episode 2 right before he fights Dooku. I actually think it makes perfect sense in universe. After all, Yoda is like 880 years old at that point. You think he only became old and decrepit in his 16 years on Dagobah?

A Grandmaster isn't an all powerful being in Star Wars lore, which is why the Luke EU garbage is so ridiculous. A Grandmaster is a wise old sage who may still be a good fighter (watch Yoda fight Dooku - Aturu Mastery makes pretty good sense), but his main focus are on making others better (+3/3 CE) and using the force - throw and defense.

This is exactly what Grandmaster Yoda should look like, according to the old school Star Wars lore that Lucas envisioned and described in the early years.

I understand he was old and decrepit before he went to Dagobah, but they could have at least given him a lit lightsaber. Would have toughened the look of the fig a little. Especially since he has so many lightsaber force powers.
imyurhukaberry
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 5:46:23 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I always envisioned him with Speed 2 (as he is always hobbling around with that cane) and then giving him Master Speed to allow him to move faster (like in his combat scenes), just has to use the Force to do it.
Boba Fettuccine
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 7:32:26 AM

imyurhukaberry wrote:
I always envisioned him with Speed 2 (as he is always hobbling around with that cane) and then giving him Master Speed to allow him to move faster (like in his combat scenes), just has to use the Force to do it.

Or some kind of "Grand Master Speed"
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 8:23:54 AM

They should have a Yoda in his floaty chair. Give that speed 4 and flight.

Wait, that just sounds rediculous...
Eroschilles
Posted: Friday, June 19, 2009 8:26:12 AM

Which is spelled ridiculous...

OMG, I go to an honors college and I can't spell!