RegisterDonateLogin

Not as clumsy or random as a blaster.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

OK, YES!! IM OFFICIALLY STARTING IT!! Options
Eroschilles
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:29:28 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

The current economic crisis is caused by poor fiscal control and a lack of regulation in the private sector. And it's totally Enron's fault too. Corporate greed should be punishable by death. So should being ugly and stupid: you can only be one of the two people, pick!
sharron
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 6:38:52 PM
Groups: Member

i played a tourney. 100 pt, 40 min time limit. my mate used boba fett, BH. the ONLY disintegration in the whole tourney was my mara jade jedi. and my whole squad was based around her. it was a total fail. lololol
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:30:37 AM

sharron wrote:
i played a tourney. 100 pt, 40 min time limit. my mate used boba fett, BH. the ONLY disintegration in the whole tourney was my mara jade jedi. and my whole squad was based around her. it was a total fail. lololol

That's happened to my Mara on the first attack of a game. Then my opponent said I let them win by the end pf the game...
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 3:08:08 AM

I Heart pineapple upside down cake!ThumpUp
defender390
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 6:22:17 AM

Eroschilles wrote:
The current economic crisis is caused by poor fiscal control and a lack of regulation in the private sector. And it's totally Enron's fault too. Corporate greed should be punishable by death. So should being ugly and stupid: you can only be one of the two people, pick!

Too much regulation in the private sector causes severe economic problems. Corporate greed will never go away and should not go away, a corporation's job is to make money. Their greed simply needs to be kept inside the law.

I will disagree about the cause of the current recession. I believe the cause lies in the social programs enacted by FDR. During the Great Depression, people could not afford houses, so the federal governemt provided them. Similar housing plans became a trend among Democrats, especially Jimmy Carter. In the subsequent decade under Reagan, banks expanded into insurance and other businesses to survive the inflation caused by Carter. All was good until Clinton. Under Clinton, these housing plans were extended to even more people than before. He did this by forcing the banks to float loans to these people. This became a recipe for disaster. All it took was a couple of companies to fail, and these people would lose their jobs. Since they now have no paycheck and could not even afford their house in the first place, the banks are taking huge hits through these loans. Thus you end up with many forclosed homes. Now these banks do two things:
1. They get rid of their toxic assets. They do this by selling the foreclosed homes to other banks that were unaffected and unassuming. These new banks then fall down the same path as the original ones.
2. They make up for the defecit in other areas. To do this, they raise insurance rates to try and carry their noe ineffective banking. This ends up with everybody having less money in their pocket to spend.
These two factors put together hurt other companies not involved in banking in two ways:
1. Every company with a credit line to a failing bank is now taking large financial hits and can no longer get loans. You need money to make money.
2. People now have less money spend because of high insurance rates, so they buy less. Now companies are not selling as much as they used to.

That is how we got into this recession. If you must blame something, blame social programs. The way to fix this is to simply lower people's taxes so they get back to spending money, the rest will tkae care of itself. Of course, our communist president disagrees.

turkveal
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:17:27 AM

man these new bush's grillen beans are amazing
lukey84
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 7:52:37 AM

is it weird if you eat the little piece of bacon in the beans?
turkveal
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:07:23 AM

lukey84 wrote:

nope its normal, but i have always wonder how they get away with calling it pork and beans when its 95% beans, shouldnt it be beans and pork. i want more pork!
swinefeld
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:18:06 AM

turkveal wrote:
lukey84 wrote:

nope its normal, but i have always wonder how they get away with calling it pork and beans when its 95% beans, shouldnt it be beans and pork. i want more pork!

No kidding - you're lucky if you get a piece of bacon-ish meat. Usually it's a big blob of fat Bomb (still important for flavor though!)

Edit: I'm on a competition BBQ team. We love our pork BlooMilk
death by wookie 89
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:59:41 AM

I love bacon and ewoks are making a band called storm helmets
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:06:49 AM

i hate jar jar, the figure, but he's one of my favorites in the movies.

more off topic

what is that bloomilk quote "all your ugnaughts are belong to us"
come from"? i've seen it used before, like "all your pork and beans
are belong to us now" i think it's from some old video game, but i
don't know, can anybody help me?
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:08:36 AM

swinefeld wrote:
turkveal wrote:
lukey84 wrote:

No kidding - you're lucky if you get a piece of bacon-ish meat. Usually it's a big blob of fat Bomb (still important for flavor though!)

Edit: I'm on a competition BBQ team. We love our pork BlooMilk

i eat my candy with pork and beans, excuse my manners if i make a scene.
defender390
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:27:09 AM

Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force wrote:
i hate jar jar, the figure, but he's one of my favorites in the movies.

more off topic

what is that bloomilk quote "all your ugnaughts are belong to us"
come from"? i've seen it used before, like "all your pork and beans
are belong to us now" i think it's from some old video game, but i
don't know, can anybody help me?

It is an infamous mistranslation from an old video game called Zero Wing. The original phrase is "all your base are belong to us".
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 10:32:32 AM

thanks defender, now i can sleep easy.
crapface
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 11:33:11 AM

Peanut Hakim Anafu Washington (but you can call me Frostbite Slim, cause im a cold lawyer.)
Eroschilles
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:06:37 PM

defender390 wrote:
Eroschilles wrote:

Too much regulation in the private sector causes severe economic problems. Corporate greed will never go away and should not go away, a corporation's job is to make money. Their greed simply needs to be kept inside the law.

I will disagree about the cause of the current recession. I believe the cause lies in the social programs enacted by FDR. During the Great Depression, people could not afford houses, so the federal governemt provided them. Similar housing plans became a trend among Democrats, especially Jimmy Carter. In the subsequent decade under Reagan, banks expanded into insurance and other businesses to survive the inflation caused by Carter. All was good until Clinton. Under Clinton, these housing plans were extended to even more people than before. He did this by forcing the banks to float loans to these people. This became a recipe for disaster. All it took was a couple of companies to fail, and these people would lose their jobs. Since they now have no paycheck and could not even afford their house in the first place, the banks are taking huge hits through these loans. Thus you end up with many forclosed homes. Now these banks do two things:
1. They get rid of their toxic assets. They do this by selling the foreclosed homes to other banks that were unaffected and unassuming. These new banks then fall down the same path as the original ones.
2. They make up for the defecit in other areas. To do this, they raise insurance rates to try and carry their noe ineffective banking. This ends up with everybody having less money in their pocket to spend.
These two factors put together hurt other companies not involved in banking in two ways:
1. Every company with a credit line to a failing bank is now taking large financial hits and can no longer get loans. You need money to make money.
2. People now have less money spend because of high insurance rates, so they buy less. Now companies are not selling as much as they used to.

That is how we got into this recession. If you must blame something, blame social programs. The way to fix this is to simply lower people's taxes so they get back to spending money, the rest will tkae care of itself. Of course, our communist president disagrees.

Disagree. There have been recessions and recoveries in the last 70+ years. Blaming fiscal and monetary policies from the 1930s does not explain the current crisis at all. Especially since the housing market greatly changed after WWII. Every president aimed to give veterans the opportunity to own their home for a period after the war, regardless if they were Democrat or Republican. Carter was one of the most fiscally responsible democratic presidents. He reduced the spending, the economic hard times during the 1970s are a mixed result of international tensions and oil sales reductions to the U.S. on the part of OPEC. Private banks were not forced to float loans to anyone, and Adjustable Rate Mortgages were the reason individuals struggled to pay their bills. The first year will have a low APR at about 6%, but then will increase to about 13%. This effectively increases a mortgage greatly. Banks aimed at lower income individuals themselves without provaction from the government to turn a bigger profit. Then they sold those loans as securities that were chopped up and repagaged later several times and resold. Then insurance firms like AIG sold insurance on those loans that were to be repaid by home owners, to be paid out in the event that the home onwers defualted. Which eventually occured due to intentional targeting of lower income individuals who could not afford to pay the mortgages in the long run. Who is more to blame for that is up to debate, the home owners purchasing loans they cannot afford or the bankers selling them the loans. So, its not the banks mostly who have the toxic assets, by other financial institutions who are now in trouble because of it. If the regulations hadn't been relaxed over the years, then banks wouldn't have been allowed to do shady loans. The financial institutions and bank regulations were also reduced when the required amounts of money they were supposed to hold in reserve were loosened.

But that's just the housing market and financial sector problems. The economic crisis is compounded by several different markets. Blaming one just because it was the first to go seems a little silly to me. And to call the president a communist either means you don't know what a real communist is or you are just beeing loose with terms. To getting a better concept of real communism, read Das Kapital or some of Mao Zedong's works. The U.S. president may believe more social programs will ease economic problems, but that doesn't mean he's a commie.
swmimperial130
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:21:19 PM

Here's a quote from the Daily Show w/ Jon Stuart (ch. 45, 10:30 central time) "There has been non-stop coverage of a true legend that has just died, ladies and gentlemen, I am talking about the death of Oscar Mayer III"
LOL LOL LOL
Uggie Demo
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 4:34:06 PM

"There is no secret ingredient" - Po(The Dragon Warrior)
Xeonaught
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 8:27:05 PM

I thought we got rid of this forum where it will stay in the far reaches of bloo milk archives forver!!! no perhaps not ok. PINKLY STRAIGHT!!!!
sharron
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 9:46:39 PM

Uggie Demo wrote:
"There is no secret ingredient" - Po(The Dragon Warrior)

omg i love that movie. lololol. the turtle is officially the man.!