RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Round 1: Universe vs Galaxy at War Options
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 9:49:02 PM
Groups: Member

actually I guess it doesn't make a difference if they can get to gambit or not, as long as I can lock the doors so they cant get to me and I can get to gambit first round without them getting there. he doesn't have a piece anywhere near the cost of Kenobi either so even if tied if I can get closest to center... ughs should have been allowed in all squads, because this will be possible to do to a lot of other squads...
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:21:21 PM

played this out on rancor pit.

Even let Nom set up first (cuz I forgot that it was their map). Nom took the good side and spread out as much as possible. Flobi Surprised up and then ran 12 to get into gambit. Then batted a way a few shots while Noms grunts moved up and into a better position. The commandos and crew moved up so they could take over gambit next rd. Rd 2 Flobi wins init. Then surprises and then runs 14 more to get adjacent to nom. Nom gives up the AoO and then over the course of the next few phases proceed to surrond obi (obi kills any that give up AoOs) and it does take 3 grenades to finish off Obi and set off the reaction that kills him (5 plus the kaminoan dead). In order to do all that a couple had to be exposed and get picked off. (7 dead). Nom guys kill off the ARF while the Senate Crew moves into the gambit area (2 rds). Rd 3 is running and killing some more Bombs using the BG to soak up some damage (he dies) and One Commando taking 20 SD damage (10 dead). Nom wins init shoots that commando. Commandos keep pushing forward to kill more dudes and lose the damamged command with a second taking 30 Damage. (12 or 13 dead at this pt). Rd 5 Senate wins init and kills another one. Nom and co finish off the second commando and start working on the third. Rd 6 sees the end of the bombs and the last commando is injured but gets away to hide in one of the side rooms. ARgyus has 20 Damage and retreats to the far side of Gambit while Xizor finally gets to gambit. At this point the game is over. Xizor and Nom can't get around gambit AND kill both Argyus AND the last Commando before The Rep gets 2 rounds of Gambit to win the game.

In hindsight using Flobi to charge in was probably the wrong way to play this, but I think GAW wins this matchup a majority of the time although Nom will win a game or two along the way.
urbanjedi
Posted: Thursday, December 10, 2015 10:23:41 PM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
actually I guess it doesn't make a difference if they can get to gambit or not, as long as I can lock the doors so they cant get to me and I can get to gambit first round without them getting there. he doesn't have a piece anywhere near the cost of Kenobi either so even if tied if I can get closest to center... ughs should have been allowed in all squads, because this will be possible to do to a lot of other squads...

The sets with Door Control will certainly have an advantage depending on some map over sets without. I think for the most part it will be difficult to win by lockout (in a game you wouldn't already probably win) unless the opp just doesn't have door control or can't protect it as without accurate shot their door control can pretty much be or get wherever is needed.
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 4:07:31 AM

Deaths_Baine wrote:
Any map that has doors blocking gambit.... surprise move to gambit lock out.... win the game....
BlooMilk
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 4:12:39 AM

urbanjedi, was there any way for Thugs to shoot at not Obi? Once Obi has moved, I'd see about cunning anyone else, before going for him. (I'd make sure I could get him though)
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 6:36:31 AM

Well poop. On most maps the override carries it. GaW.
Donny probably wins on Rancor Pen, he might not if Deaths tries the bum rush when Flobi goes in.

Did Deaths actually choose a map?

donnyrides
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 6:40:29 AM

Just to chime in, Activation control would be a major factor for Universe. superstealth accurate cunning shots, even from the thugs, have a very good chance to hit. I just don't see anybody other than Obi doing anything vs the super stealth. If the enemy want to take gambit, that's fine because Universe will be taking kill points. Rushing Obi is the only options, but it won't matter, the second he lands he's dead. He only has 5 FP as well, he can't just keep rerolling out of nades. If Obi drops that's it. The rest of the superstealths can play defensive and take the game. Lock out is a method that could win but not on rancor pit.

most other maps have lockout troubles but I don't think there are any that are surefire wins for double locking. Either way, in retrospect, we probably should have said that every squad can have 1 uggie.
urbanjedi
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 7:42:38 AM

Actually, after checking the rules the Thugs don't get grenades, which makes it much easier for the republic. As without a way to set off their own bombs it becomes much more difficult to keep away from Obi and find a way to kill him.

Yes, the Thugs did shoot, but I kept things hidden around the corner and activated the first guy up each round until there was actual engagement to avoid the cunning.

juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 8:33:20 AM

Why don't they get grenades? They are Black Sun in a squad with Xizor.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:20:36 AM

They do not have the black sun special ability that gives them grenades 10. That is unless there was an errata on that
juice man
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 10:46:08 AM

"Characters whose names contain Black Sun also count as Black Sun for purposes of effects but do not gain the other benefits of the Black Sun ability."
This little tidbit is about as clear as mud.Cursing You'd think grenades 10 would be an effect.
Well with no grenades they are toast.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 11:42:43 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Still 7-4 GaW with 15 minutes remaining. juice_man, you still didn't vote as far as I can tell.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Friday, December 11, 2015 12:00:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Galaxy at War wins.
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, December 14, 2015 1:30:28 PM

SUPER STUPID that they don't get nades. That's like saying trooper followers have to have the trooper ability to gain CEs for troopers. either way, door control kills me. Should have added lobot and gave up 2 thugs