RegisterDonateLogin

Trained in the Jedi arts by Count Dooku.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

WI Regional 2016 Options
UrbanShmi
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 1:53:01 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

It will be just the urbans in the car from Chicago (we'll miss you, Tim and Lillian!). But as J said, we will be bringing Tim's extra maps to sell if people are looking.
harryg
Posted: Friday, June 24, 2016 2:01:14 AM
Groups: Member

I'll probably actually buy at least one map; I could definitely use some, so thanks for that.
TimmerB123
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 12:09:13 PM

Top 4 -
3-0 Laura K (Vader of Lothal and Hethrir)
2-1 Logan (Vader of Lothal and Emperor Reborn)
2-1 Jason K (Vader of Lothal and Sid)
2-1 Mark (Rebel Heros)

UrbanShmi
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:24:50 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator

I beat Mark and J beat Logan, so it was the first ever all -urban final.

J edged me out in a bloodbath to take his fifth Regional title of the season.

Final standings:

Jason
Laura
Logan
Mark
Harry
Tim
Owen
Steven

Thanks for hosting, Tim! A great time, as always!
harryg
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 3:43:58 PM

Had an awesome time today, thanks again Tim for hosting, and thanks to Jason and Laura for the maps.
gholli69
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 5:38:21 PM

Looks like a lot of Vader of lothal in the field, interested in what besides Vader and he their was in Laura's squad. Kind of surprising to me after seeing how badly Marn can disrupt a couple of the more popular VoL builds, congrats Jason!
urbanjedi
Posted: Saturday, June 25, 2016 9:57:08 PM

WI Regional Play Report

Thanks Tim for hosting all of us. It was a great time.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Squad/169885/vader21-2016-wi-regional-winner

I Decided to play Vader of Lothal, 100 pt Sid, Elite Scout Trooper, Nightsister Sith Witch, Marn, Bothan Saboteur, 2x Ugo

I liked Vader/Palps, but in the old builds I tried Arica just didn't cut it. I also thought you needed Marn in order to give yourself a chance against vong. After seeing Shawn run the Disciple of Ragnos and Jix at Indy, I worked it around and swapped in the Nightsister and Elite Scout (just a decent shooter with some decent defense) instead of Arica

Rd 1 Vs Owen and his Rebels
He had (sabine, Zeb, Ezra, Kanan, Hera, etc). I was scared of this squad from the onset because it had suppressive fire (which goes right through me) and Sabine with Grenades and such, and Kanan had enough HP to survive a full round of attacks and still live. In this game however, OWen split his forces and I divided and conquered. Because I didn't have to face his full squad all at once, I was able to dispatch those Rebel Scum :)
1-0 3 pts

Rd 2 vs Logan and his True Emperor
Emperor Reborn, Vader of Lothal, Imp Missionary, 2x rodian assassin, Lobot, filler. I brought same bribery pieces as last time (peace brigade thug and 2x ugo) and he brought 2x chadra fan and an ithorian scout. I won map and decided not to steal his guys. Logan was just coming off of a game where he had turned Obiken to his team (game ended at 115-115 points wise when obiken turned but logan won because his opp had no guys left). Well, I had a plan and well it just didn't work. I chose for him to go first, then after we both battle readied up, I Surprised up with vader and attacked his Vader. I knew he would either A (hit me back in which case I Thought I could kill Vader) or B (use his emp and zap my vader in which case I would return the favor). Logan chose plan B, and activated my Vader which was expected. I then went with my Emperor and zapped his Vader, but he made the save roll so didn't activate. That was the first huge turning point as he got wail away on my vader with his, putting him up in the damage race. From there it went downhill fast. He made his next activation save as well, then finished off my vader and started working on my Palps. Finally, with my palps getting low he tried to turn to the darkside with his missionary and I decided I couldn't take the damage and proceeded to fail my save and my palps recognized his reborn emperor as the true emperor. I Conceded at that point
1-1 3 pts

Rd 3 vs Harry and his Obiken and Mace.
This was a pretty quick game. I ran Vader as far as I could, killed R2 so he couldn't tow around Mace and played keep away from mace with Vader for awhile. In the meantime, 2 Palps Lightnings and 2 Sith witch lightnings dropped the big tank. Then everyone could focus on Mace and he dropped in short order.
2-1 6 pts.

At this point I was walked over just in time to see Laura finishing off the Reborn Emperor. I knew he was a fake all along. Then was over watching Tim and Mark battle it out. Han and Chewie finally finished off Tim's pesky hailfire droids, the sith and Rebels had finished up and the top 4 was announced. I was the 3 seed facing off against Logan again (not my ideal matchup).

Semis vs Logan again
Same everything as before except he won map and we were at the cantina this time. I played a little less reckless this time, got my sith witch up early and just started unloading on him with everything from every angle. I was spreading damage out all over his squad (vader and reborn really) while trying to avoid it myself. It didn't help that his rodain assassins left their guns at home this match (I don't think either of them hit anything the whole game). Dropped Vader, and kept working on taking out the rest of his stuff, and then got his Reborn down and finally out of life. Wandered over to watch the end of the other semis match where Mark was lamenting that he was losing worse this time than he had in the Swiss to Laura. A couple rounds later the game was over with Laura the winner.

Finals vs Laura and her Lord
Lord Hethrir, Vader of Lothal, Desaan, 2x Elite Reborn, Bothan sab. We played on her map Ren Vhar
Well, I knew this would be a blood bath. We both battle readied up and moved toward the center, but she had the advantage as almost all her squad was imps where as I just had the 5. End of Round 1, I ran my VAder adjacent to her vader and hit him to get ahead on the damage race. I won init, and decided I wanted her to go first for 2 reasons. 1. I didn't want her to go with 2 guys, and more importantly, I didn't want her to surprise move away (even with the AoO) because I Wanted the double. Well, I kinda forgot that her vader did 30, so after we exchanged Surprise Attacks (no one was surprised), I had to move away (behind all my other guys) and figure out how to protect my almost dead vader. She started using all her direct damage and I ended up activating her vader with my sid, and we just sat there for a round trading blows. My Vader came back at the end of the round to get another lick in. Next Round, I finished off her Vader with my Vader, and then she finished off my Vader with her guys and kept putting damage on my sid. By the time the round was over, he was down to 50 left. The next round, I zapped Hethrir and she made the save (bad news for me). She went for the glory, unleashing the force (if I failed the save, my sid would die). My save rolls were better than hers, sid survived, my nightsister made it, and Desaan failed. A bunch of other guys just plain died. We got to the next round, and I finished off Hethrir with my last FPs and then based Desaan so he couldn't lightning me (he would have died as well). She did the only thing she could. Gave up the AoOs (and I knocked her down to 10) with her Elite to clean Sid off of Desaan, then used Desaan to lightning the witch and an ugo. After a little looking, it left a situation where either I killed Desaan and would win, or miss desaan and she would win (Desaan, Elite for her, and Marn, Elite Scout, Ugo, and some freebies for me with both of us on 3 gambit already with 4th one coming up. The scout rolled around the corner and with Marn combining I needed an 8 to Kill Desaan. To kill all the suspense I ended up rolling like a 16 or something to win the regional. Very close game, and if the save rolls had gone even slightly differently, I lose.

jak
Posted: Sunday, June 26, 2016 5:59:02 AM

an all Urban finalThumbsUp how karkin' kool is that!!!
congrats again Jason.