RegisterDonateLogin

Has become self-aware--don't tell Shinja.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 13 WOOKIEES! Options
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 3:31:26 PM
Groups: Member

So, as a huge fan of the Wookiee's and the fact that I have the desire to make them competitve in the current game, your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to design either a Wookiee unique or non-unique that helps the Wookiee subfaction as a whole. The character MUST be a Wookiee.

Rules
1. The character must be canon and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction. EDIT: Since Canon is all screwed up, just a known character is fine.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. you may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline

This is how the schedule will play out.
You will have until next Thursday, July 14, 2016 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.
Voting will start at 8pm on Thursday evening and end at 10am EST on Monday, July 18, 2016.

At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be totalled and the Winner will then post the next round.

I have put a time frame on this and since it's already Thursday will give people a full week from today to submit, and then we will vote.
CorellianComedian
Posted: Thursday, July 7, 2016 7:15:57 PM

My apologies on the lack of timely administration in the last round. I can't even come up with a funny excuse to alleviate the awkwardness. Thanks for keeping things going in my brain's absence Blushing

Meanwhile...

Wookiee Orator
Lafcadio
Posted: Friday, July 8, 2016 5:50:06 PM

Here's mine: http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25683/wookiee-vigilante

Any feedback would be great!
General_Grievous
Posted: Saturday, July 9, 2016 9:28:08 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25684/hanharr

My entry and one along with GOTO I am surprised to not see yet in the vsets

How he helps he wookie sub faction, other than being subject to its CEs and being a great damage dealer is as a frontline commander, dishing out enraged reaction swings and intimidating enemies while allied charging Wookies with him get a slight boost off his blood rage
CorellianComedian
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 5:49:23 AM

Wow, I totally missed the "help the wookiee subfaction" bit. I mean, Booming Voice does help Wookiees, but it doesn't help the Wookiees in particular... so, I may try and get something else entered (since it looks like we have some time before the deadline).
spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 8:04:30 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23105/wookiee-pack-leader

Here's what I came up with. Thoughts?
surf_rider56
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 9:02:52 AM

Wasn't planning on it (actually not much into Wook's) but since I made him 4-5 years ago thought I'd throw him in. None of the non-unique's made by WOTC are worth the plastic they're made of and the lone V-Set non-unique (Elite Wook Commando) frankly isn't much better. So much potential in the species and its never been used right.

spryguy1981
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 12:57:31 PM

Surf man, that Wookiee is boss. I love the entire concept.
jak
Posted: Sunday, July 10, 2016 2:23:29 PM

great Idea! I've a few Wookiee customs already, but the request to improve the Wookiees required this guy!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/25685/grakchawwaa

Wookiees are coolThumbsUp
donnyrides
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 7:05:57 AM

Mine may be a little silly, but I don't see why wookies have to be considered lovable good guys.

Wookiee-Black-Sun-Vigo
juice man
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 8:08:17 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Mine may be a little silly, but I don't see why wookies have to be considered lovable good guys.

Wookiee-Black-Sun-Vigo
Enslavement and brutalization might make anyone a little bitter/mean.Sad
CorellianComedian
Posted: Monday, July 11, 2016 3:08:41 PM

Okay, this time, I have a Wookiee that specifically helps Wookiees Flapper

Wookiee Patriot
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:25:15 AM

Surf, I have your guy at about 32 depending on how you want to rank some of the original abilities. He would absolutely help wookiees. especially if you face Trandoshans. very cool piece. From his pic, he's melee right? put it on the card if so, it's a discount.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:39:21 AM

donnyrides wrote:
Surf, I have your guy at about 32 depending on how you want to rank some of the original abilities. He would absolutely help wookiees. especially if you face Trandoshans. very cool piece. From his pic, he's melee right? put it on the card if so, it's a discount.

I actually had him at 15 with just Affinity/Rapport. If you charge 3-4 each for the other two abilities + the CE I came out with 24 - 27.

I actually Didn't want to make him melee; he's older and more of the "Go Get'em type.) BigGrin
donnyrides
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 9:55:06 AM

I scored range-less Camaraderie +3+3 as 3 points and I think that is pretty generous. I also scored your CE as 5

either way, the points are no matter as there is not set in stone scoring system. I like that he is a bit aggressively costed for OR/NR.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, July 13, 2016 5:56:00 PM

On a side note guys, everybody and his mother has been running Vong near me. Could look at my Regional Squad Vong squad and tell me what you think? I built this ONLY to see how I would run different squads against it and I'd like to know how solid is this thing; I never play Vong myself, not into them ...

spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:05:00 PM

Little under 4 hrs left and voting will start promptly at 8. If you haven't gotten your submission in, I would get it in soon.
donnyrides
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 12:28:39 PM

I gave my thoughts and suggestions. I love vong and play them often against myself with vassal and against other humans once in a while. They are normally a NPE so i don't use them against others. They scratch my itch for minmaxing BigGrin
spryguy1981
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 4:16:46 PM

Submission and changes are closed and entries are locked in. Voting is open until 10am on Monday EST.
surf_rider56
Posted: Thursday, July 14, 2016 5:51:26 PM

spryguy1981 wrote:
Submission and changes are closed and entries are locked in. Voting is open until 10am on Monday EST.

I feel good about getting into this weeks Top 10 ....