RegisterDonateLogin

Expresses its true feelings for you in the South Passage.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Reboot Week 55 Who Am I? Options
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, May 29, 2017 8:11:33 PM
Groups: Member

Given that I'm a non-unique champion and obviously for those that know me, a card maker I've come up with a "unique" way of doing this weeks challange.

Who/what ami I?

What faction am I?

Must be a non-unique, 25 points maximum, no more than 70 points, no more than 5 SA's or FP's total. No CE. Up for the task people?

Rules

1. The character must be canon (Legends OK) and from the chosen faction when required. They can have affinity, but the character must start in the chosen faction.

2. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

3. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

4. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

5. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

6. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

7.. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

8. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, June 2, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, June 5, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with his/her choice of theme.

Good luck people!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 4:23:37 AM

Excellent challenge! I saw this character and immediately thought of an old one I did which seemed to fit perfectly. Barring a sudden stiring of different creativity here is my entry:

Also you said five SAs so I hope you aren't including force powers:

*deleted for another entry*
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:25:21 AM

General_Grievous wrote:
Excellent challenge! I saw this character and immediately thought of an old one I did which seemed to fit perfectly. Barring a sudden stiring of different creativity here is my entry:

Also you said five SAs so I hope you aren't including force powers:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/23269/order-66-jedi-survivor

Hmm, leave it to you GG to try to be sneaky. RollEyes You could have 5 SA's but then where do you draw the line? 2 FP's? 4 FP's? For arguments sake lets keep it at 5 SA's or FP's. You've got 6. If you "Lost" Protective you'd be down to five ... and I like your idea too ....

Look at it this way. I thought of a piece and immediately had to shoot Myself down because I envisioned a CE and I decided I couldn't go back and rewrite my own rules; wouldn't be fair. Oh well ..... back to my own drawing board.

Big Sigh ..... what I get for trying to be clever .....

PS - I just looked up my own "Jedi Fugitive" and he'd be illegal too, 20 points but had 7 SA/FP's. A Maris Brood Jedi Fugitive card had 11 SA/FP's ......
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:51:44 AM

Haha curses alright back to the drawing board, good challenge though
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 9:54:40 AM

Kamikaze13
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 10:17:38 AM

donnyrides
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:05:10 AM

SithBot
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:48:15 AM

Can someone identify the item hanging from the girls right hip?
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 11:54:41 AM

SithBot wrote:
Can someone identify the item hanging from the girls right hip?

A holstered Blaster.
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 12:14:15 PM

Alright since I couldn't stand to make my fringe jedi anything less than what they were, here is a Padawan from a similar vein of thought:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27836/order-66-jedi-padawan-survivor
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 1:42:02 PM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/27837/twilek-double-agent

mine may be a bit over cost. Im honestly not sure.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 2:47:27 PM

spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 3:44:12 PM

surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 5:48:32 PM

I need to get off my high horse; I've been costing things for so long that its become my pet peeve.

I got into "Costing" with donny once and we at least came to an understanding on how/why I say what I say. There's a reason I say crap and its not personal; how could it be when I don't know any of you and as far as I know none of you live in California ... but I digress ....

My card ....

Let me explain how I costed this lady

Her base stats of 40/16/4/10 came out to 9 pts. Low Defense, Very Low Attack stay below the threshold where it gets expensive.

Adding Grenades 20 = 2 points (price up to 11.)

Adding Stealth = 2 points (price at 13.)

Adding Synergy = 1 point (price at 14)

Indepenedant Outfit = 4; here's where I have to fake it donny, its not an ability in my cost calculator, so I penalize myself and make it a hefty 4 .... price up to 18.

Ryloth Rebel Cell = 3; again not a calculator SA.

But does the price come out to 18 + 3 = 21? No, I crossed a threshold (from 4 to 5 SA's) and the price jumps to 24.

You can't have everything. Weak base stats and uber SA's or Strong base with weak SA's ....
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:09:07 PM

Hey Surf, awesome take here as well. Only thing I would consider is cleaning up Ryloth Rebel Cell, you could probably just make it camaraderie and hand out Grenades 10 and Independent Outfit to non-unique Twileks, and then change synergy to "... while another Twilek Ally is within 6 squares). Seems much simpler since there are no CEs they need to be a Ryloth Rebel Cell for and Twilek is as much as a distinguishing feature for them. Making this piece more along the lines as a generic Twilek booster (which they need since everyone is trying to invade their planet all the time), just my thoughts.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:17:41 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Hey Surf, awesome take here as well. Only thing I would consider is cleaning up Ryloth Rebel Cell, you could probably just make it camaraderie and hand out Grenades 10 and Independent Outfit to non-unique Twileks, and then change synergy to "... while another Twilek Ally is within 6 squares). Seems much simpler since there are no CEs they need to be a Ryloth Rebel Cell for and Twilek is as much as a distinguishing feature for them. Making this piece more along the lines as a generic Twilek booster (which they need since everyone is trying to invade their planet all the time), just my thoughts.

See, I kinda wanted to make "Rebel Cell" sort of a mini sub-faction in that every member of a Rebel Cell would get grenades and become both a Fringe and a Rebel at the same time (for the CE's.) Hey, I do these at lunch; only so much you can do making a whole card, creating and costing stats, photobucketing it and putting it on Bloo in 30 minutes .... I may be an idiot, but I'm a human idiot Cool

PS - Camaraderie is too much of a catch-all. I honestly am not sure how I feel about it ..... not sure how to give a character something, name it in Camaraderie ..... sigh ....
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:30:52 PM

That's fair, I can see that. I'm just all about beauty in simplicity for design haha. My wife isn't a huge fan of SWM because she finds it too complex.
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 6:59:05 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
That's fair, I can see that. I'm just all about beauty in simplicity for design haha. My wife isn't a huge fan of SWM because she finds it too complex.

I actually love simplicity,,, but sometimes it is what it is. My wife looks at SWM anything, she rolls her eyes, mutters "Little People" and walks away ... but she says its better than buying fishing boats or golfing as a hobby and Much cheaper .....
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:06:38 PM

Question. For instance the Rebel Cell Ability. Would the ability not cost more than an equivalent Commander Affect? (since commander affects can be countered specifically, while SAs such as Rebel Cell cant be).

Note: Im not questioning the SA you have given it, I am only questioning the SA compared to what might normally be a CA and the cost between the two).

Just trying to learn more!

Thanks!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, May 30, 2017 8:08:33 PM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:

I actually love simplicity,,, but sometimes it is what it is. My wife looks at SWM anything, she rolls her eyes, mutters "Little People" and walks away ... but she says its better than buying fishing boats or golfing as a hobby and Much cheaper .....

Haha that's the truth, though I think my gun hobby kind of eats up any SWM savings hahaha