RegisterDonateLogin

You stuck up, half-witted, scruffy-looking milk drinker!

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Too Many Figures in this set Options
Steelwing13
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:41:04 AM
Groups: Member

Imperial Entanglements (40/41)

Imperial Entanglement only has 40 pieces available not 41, please correct this set
Uggie Demo
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 11:48:35 AM

Actually it has 41. The elite AT-AT driver was added when WOTC painted the 181st Pilot like a at-at driver.
Sithborg
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 12:41:09 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

And it is now an official card.
Steelwing13
Posted: Tuesday, July 14, 2009 1:56:55 PM

Not on the wizards database. If you want to include promo's there are quite a few missing from the boards
Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 5:41:31 AM

http://wizards.com/default.asp?x=starwars/article/ImperialPilot

use the link, those are official minis card (it's NOT a promo)
Steelwing13
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 9:51:58 AM

Doogle126 wrote:

your correct it is not a promo, its a fans custom piece, read the article, it says he is a fan and look closely at the card, says 41 out of 40 which means it is an outside addition and not an official piece, for you to convince me that it is an official piece you will need to show me the stamped plastic imprint on the bottom of said piece and you can't do that because it is not official, it is recognized as nice work but if you can not run it in dci sanctioned tournament it is not official.(the exception being the AT-AT which is an official licensed scenario piece)
joelker41
Posted: Wednesday, July 15, 2009 11:04:51 AM

Steelwing13 wrote:
Doogle126 wrote:

your correct it is not a promo, its a fans custom piece, read the article, it says he is a fan and look closely at the card, says 41 out of 40 which means it is an outside addition and not an official piece, for you to convince me that it is an official piece you will need to show me the stamped plastic imprint on the bottom of said piece and you can't do that because it is not official, it is recognized as nice work but if you can not run it in dci sanctioned tournament it is not official.(the exception being the AT-AT which is an official licensed scenario piece)

Um...back the train up dude where ya been the last two weeks?

The Elite AT-AT driver is the LEGAL 41st figure in Imperial Entanglements.

Read:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dci/doccenter/home

If you look at the updated SW Minis FLOOR RULES the Elite AT-AT Driver is a legal miniature. The article you read is a suggestion for repainting, and the Card is legal for download AND play in a DCI tournament/environment.

How about ya do a little research before you start bloviating next time?
DarthJak
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2009 12:27:51 PM

joelker41 wrote:

Confused bloviating??Huh
joelker41
Posted: Friday, July 17, 2009 1:56:50 PM

DarthJak wrote:
joelker41 wrote:

Confused bloviating??Huh

blo⋅vi⋅ate  /ˈbloʊviˌeɪt/ Show Spelled Pronunciation [bloh-vee-eyt]

–verb (used without object), ‑at⋅ed, ‑at⋅ing. to speak pompously.

From Dictionary.com.

Wink
Steelwing13
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:03:39 PM

Hmmmm, Bloviate, a very inappropriate use of the word. It may be an official piece for now, but it does not belong in the Imperial entanglements set list. It does not come out of the booster set unmodified. Now as a collector this precedence bothers me, as a player it infuriates me since they are now blatantly contradicting the rules, which say there are no printable star wars cards available for the game then they do this without updating that section so the printed custom figure is still illegal and I will stand by that. I wish to thank everyone for their earnest debate, but the personal attack by joelker41 was most appreciated. So just out of curiosity do all of you agree with wizards method in this case or do you think (like me) that this could have been issued as either a promo or a piece in the next set with no problems. Oh and if you wish to attack some one please consider that if you wouldn't SAY it to someones face you may not wish to type it.
And this part of my previous statement still holds true "look closely at the card, says 41 out of 40 which means it is an outside addition and not an official piece, for you to convince me that it is an official piece you will need to show me the stamped plastic imprint on the bottom of said piece"
curler88j
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:24:02 PM

Steelwing13 wrote:
It may be an official piece for now, but it does not belong in the Imperial entanglements set list. It does not come out of the booster set unmodified. Now as a colloector this pecedence bothers me, as a player it infuriates me since they are now blatantly contradicting the rules, "
Yea the rules They wrote
Steelwing13
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:38:44 PM

Wrote but did not update fully.
joelker41
Posted: Sunday, July 19, 2009 1:39:04 PM

Steelwing13 wrote:
I wish to thank everyone for their earnest debate, but the personal attack by joelker41 was most appreciated.

That was hardly a personal attack.

You join bloomilk not even two weeks ago, you first and only post is about a figure 'needing to be fixed', not hey I think they should fix this for "______" reasons, instead I will just complain and argue with everyone despite the facts of the figure:

A) Being a legal piece.

B) Being the only piece of it's kind in that a goof up led to it's creation.

C) Posting it on the BLOOMILK Problems/Suggestions forums when it is neither Bloomilk or Shinja's idea, decision, or problem to fix.

I just have issue with people who join forums and immediately hop online and just start attempting to be the bowling ball while everyone else is the pin.

It's unnecessary, and the cynicism is overt.

I for one don't appreciate waves being created for the sake of making them.
LoboStele
Posted: Monday, July 20, 2009 2:42:05 AM

@ Steelwing13

1. It's WOTC's game, they can do whatever they darn well please with it. If they want to create a pieces that's 41/40, then they do. If they want to make it legal for tournament play, then they do.

2. Legality only matters for DCI. The Elite AT-AT Driver is no more illegal for casual SWM games than any custom pieces are. What you play with in your casual games is whatever you want to. In addition, the Floor Rules were updated at the next time they were scheduled to (July) so that this piece is now legal for DCI as well. The Floor Rules weren't updated in March/April when the Elite AT-AT Driver was released, because they weren't ready to update the Floor Rules yet. There's a process to this stuff.

3. You're arguing something that the vast majority of SWM players seem to feel opposite to you. In addition, you flat out told Doogle that it was "an outside addition and not an official piece", and your post comes off with a very arrogant attitude. Whether that's how you meant it or not, that's way it was read by SEVERAL others. So if you intended it differently, then these responses are just a friendly help to say "Hey, might want to be careful how you respond to people." On top of the fact that you were flat-out wrong about the piece, and obviously didn't do much reading around the WOTC forums regarding this before you started "bloviating" about it. Oh, and use of that word isn't a personal attack. It was an accurate description of the attitude conveyed by your posts. It's no different than someone saying "Woah, man, maybe you should check your facts before you go laying into people like that."

4. Oh, lastly, the AT-AT IS legal for DCI tournament play (another error in your post above). Stating false things as though you think they are true, AND telling other people that this is the truth, doesn't get people believing in you very easily. And hence, is why you got somewhat volatile responses.

5. Lastly, this is Shinja's site, and he can do anything he wants to with his sets. If he wants to go back and add a 61/60 for the Glass Jabba jokes when Bounty Hunters came out, that's his call to do so, and if that's what he wants, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.
Doogle126
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:06:28 PM

LoboStele wrote:
@ Steelwing13

1. It's WOTC's game, they can do whatever they darn well please with it. If they want to create a pieces that's 41/40, then they do. If they want to make it legal for tournament play, then they do.

2. Legality only matters for DCI. The Elite AT-AT Driver is no more illegal for casual SWM games than any custom pieces are. What you play with in your casual games is whatever you want to. In addition, the Floor Rules were updated at the next time they were scheduled to (July) so that this piece is now legal for DCI as well. The Floor Rules weren't updated in March/April when the Elite AT-AT Driver was released, because they weren't ready to update the Floor Rules yet. There's a process to this stuff.

3. You're arguing something that the vast majority of SWM players seem to feel opposite to you. In addition, you flat out told Doogle that it was "an outside addition and not an official piece", and your post comes off with a very arrogant attitude. Whether that's how you meant it or not, that's way it was read by SEVERAL others. So if you intended it differently, then these responses are just a friendly help to say "Hey, might want to be careful how you respond to people." On top of the fact that you were flat-out wrong about the piece, and obviously didn't do much reading around the WOTC forums regarding this before you started "bloviating" about it. Oh, and use of that word isn't a personal attack. It was an accurate description of the attitude conveyed by your posts. It's no different than someone saying "Woah, man, maybe you should check your facts before you go laying into people like that."

4. Oh, lastly, the AT-AT IS legal for DCI tournament play (another error in your post above). Stating false things as though you think they are true, AND telling other people that this is the truth, doesn't get people believing in you very easily. And hence, is why you got somewhat volatile responses.

5. Lastly, this is Shinja's site, and he can do anything he wants to with his sets. If he wants to go back and add a 61/60 for the Glass Jabba jokes when Bounty Hunters came out, that's his call to do so, and if that's what he wants, it doesn't matter what anyone else thinks.

ThumpUp ThumbsUp ThumpUp
ArtemisCFrog43
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:08:37 AM

YEAH!!!

Sorry, I got excited by all the yelling. God I live the internet and it giving us the ability to have discussions like this with people we will never meet. It's like living here in Ohio, having two cans connected by a REALLY long string and giving one end to my arch enemy in Colorado.
Durge Dude
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 2:19:41 AM

Steelwing13 wrote:
Hmmmm, Bloviate, a very inappropriate use of the word. It may be an official piece for now, but it does not belong in the Imperial entanglements set list. It does not come out of the booster set unmodified. Now as a collector this precedence bothers me, as a player it infuriates me since they are now blatantly contradicting the rules, which say there are no printable star wars cards available for the game then they do this without updating that section so the printed custom figure is still illegal and I will stand by that. I wish to thank everyone for their earnest debate, but the personal attack by joelker41 was most appreciated. So just out of curiosity do all of you agree with wizards method in this case or do you think (like me) that this could have been issued as either a promo or a piece in the next set with no problems. Oh and if you wish to attack some one please consider that if you wouldn't SAY it to someones face you may not wish to type it.
And this part of my previous statement still holds true "look closely at the card, says 41 out of 40 which means it is an outside addition and not an official piece, for you to convince me that it is an official piece you will need to show me the stamped plastic imprint on the bottom of said piece"

Dude give it up you lost. Besides IF it is a separate piece what do you want Shinja do make it its own set?
Doogle126
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 6:52:33 AM

LOLZ Smile
seibermaki
Posted: Wednesday, July 29, 2009 6:36:50 AM

Is it mandatory to repaint the mini if we want to use the old card? Or is that totally optional?

Gosh, I wish Wizards would've painted it the right color to begin with! lol.
kenred2
Posted: Thursday, July 30, 2009 8:23:25 AM

seibermaki wrote:
Is it mandatory to repaint the mini if we want to use the old card? Or is that totally optional?

Gosh, I wish Wizards would've painted it the right color to begin with! lol.

Painting the miniature is optional and DCI Legal. However, the matching stat card must be the original card (unless otherwise noted, at this time the Elite AT-AT driver is an exception and allowed in DCI sanctioned tournaments). The matching miniature must not be modified to any shape or form... must retain it's original sculpt and modifications on paint jobs are allowed for DCI tournaments