Probabilities Options
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 8:32:04 PM
Groups: Member

this hurts my brainBlink
Darth Percocet
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:37:09 AM

lol, i agre mandalore but interesting none the less. If i had a teacher in highschool explaining all of it this way i probably would of passed lol.. i like this thread i say breaking any thing in the game down to a math is pretty decent.. Will make you stop & think when your rolling what the chances of you getting what you want are. Same with boosters.. i like it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 11:55:57 AM

o i agree whole heartedly.
to me, this entire games is a numbers grid.
the actual breaking down of the probabilities tho, is what hurts me noggin.
critcounter
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 2:03:34 AM

As a teacher (science) i love this and, as DP pointed out above, i would be better at math if early on a math teacher would have made it relevant (my second fav subject is Lit!)

Is there a way to put this into a graphic/table - I know XL will probably do it, but dont have the software skill nor time. Since most people can undst graphs faster...

Thanks guys, i love the high thinking!
DarthJak
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 2:14:56 AM

Confused LOL I can't think if I'm highBlink
Del Muerte
Posted: Monday, July 27, 2009 9:42:42 PM

critcounter wrote:
As a teacher (science) i love this and, as DP pointed out above, i would be better at math if early on a math teacher would have made it relevant (my second fav subject is Lit!)

Is there a way to put this into a graphic/table - I know XL will probably do it, but dont have the software skill nor time. Since most people can undst graphs faster...

I may but it could take me till next week, got a lot of other things to do. Random fact that I think is true(I did the math a long time ago): A force point re-roll used for attacking is equivalent to a +1 to +5 attack.
FlyingArrow
Posted: Tuesday, July 28, 2009 8:30:42 AM
Groups: Member , Moderator

Del Muerte wrote:
critcounter wrote:

I may but it could take me till next week, got a lot of other things to do. Random fact that I think is true(I did the math a long time ago): A force point re-roll used for attacking is equivalent to a +1 to +5 attack.

Sounds right. It depends on the attack.

If you have attack 18 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 90% to 99%, or almost +2 attack.

If you have attack 12 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 65% to 87.75%, or more than +4 attack.

If you have attack 9 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 50% to 75%, or +5 attack.

If you have attack 4 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 25% to 43.75%, or almost +4 attack.

If you have attack 1 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 10% to 19%, or almost +2 attack.

If you have attack 1 vs defense 20, then a FPRR raises chances of a hit from 5% to 9.75%, or almost +1 attack.
Xeonaught
Posted: Friday, August 7, 2009 6:19:23 PM

HAHA remineds me of the stats project i did where i made my own booster opening scenario for kotor. made maths fun