RegisterDonateLogin

Was never a condition of our arrangement.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 81- True to form Options
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:03:20 PM
Groups: Member

Create a character that is the most accurate representation based upon the source. The character can be from any published source (comic/book, movie, video game, TV Show etc). When making the character, the character's representation based upon what we see and know from the source is most important. Do not consider what already exists in the game, and how the character can be boosted. Pretend if you have to, that you are creating the first character of Star Wars Minis v2.0. That means there are no other characters to consider, there are no metas for the factions to consider. Just the most accurate representation of the character.

With that said Ill add that obviously Luke from Eps IV will be VERY different than Luke from the NR Books. So you are making Luke or any other character, based upon a specific time frame as well.

I hope that this will create some new creative juices for abilities and combinations without the need to worry about what already exists. New abilities and tweaks to current abilities would be most welcome in this CCC. I really hope that this will create lively discussion and debate on how to truly represent a given character within our game.

For obvious reasons for this week, the Cost stat for the character can be fudged. Demanding that it be accurate would be a bit counter productive to what I hope to achieve in this CCC. (In fact, I would suspect the cost to be very much part of the debate).

The fine print...
1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at lest 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, Dec 2nd, 2017 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 10pm EST on Monday, Dec 4th, 2017.
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
jak
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 2:28:18 PM

I like this idea.
I always try to do this.
I'm critiqued all the time because with this guy my custom gains this, and with that guy it gains that.
making my dude too powerful.

ps,,,, I won again!!!!
General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 3:11:18 PM

Interesting idea, though if I truly was making a SWM 2.0 I would probably start super simple and stay that way but if we are talking RPG-style true to form characters then here is the most accurate rendition of Grievous I can make:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/13301/grievous
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:30:02 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Interesting idea, though if I truly was making a SWM 2.0 I would probably start super simple and stay that way but if we are talking RPG-style true to form characters then here is the most accurate rendition of Grievous I can make:

Yea you actually would start with what Storm Troopers, B1 Battle Droids, etc, but I mentioned that just so that everyone will ignore what already exists, and go for accuracy as the goal. BlooMilk
blemelisk
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 4:31:55 PM

jak wrote:
I like this idea.
I always try to do this.
I'm critiqued all the time because with this guy my custom gains this, and with that guy it gains that.
making my dude too powerful.

ps,,,, I won again!!!!

You make a pretty cool slightly different Storm Trooper and its all "OMG he can do 300 damage in a single turn due to x,y,z, and he is completely unbeatable cause of a,b,c." Yep....ive experienced the same trap. Razz
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:29:07 PM

General_Grievous wrote:

Seriously GG ... are you This predictable in playing the game? RollEyes

Now, if you Really wanted to be different, you would've picked something Else BlooMilk

@ Now jak, don't pout, we've All tied and given it to somebody else. It's no biggie, like SWM, it's a Game BigGrin
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 6:54:56 PM

So, starting from scratch huh? Ok so ... let's look at this ...

Shooters are pretty generic. Whether a soldier, criminal, even Mando or Bounty Hunter, you're only as good as how well you can hit the broad side of the barn. It's all the side tricks and goodies that differentiate you if all shooter abilities are equal. For me .... well, no interest for me. Is Boba That much better a shot than Dengar, Zam, Rex, Mira, Dash, Mara, ad infinitum? Whatever ....

But Force User's ,,,,, how well Can you use the Force? Why is Darth Joe so really different than Jedi Master Mike? Should Sidious Really have killed Kit Fisto, Agen Kolar, and Saesee Tiin that easily?

All Darth's are Not alike ... but Jedi, especially the generic Jedi knight .... I think have gotten the short end of the stick. Every generic WOTC Jedi not named Battle or Weapons Master was Never worth his price and always short changed in their abilities. I believe Any Jedi who reached Knighthood should've had a certain Minimum of abilities. Maybe nothing fancy like a Master, but some things like "Doors" should've been gimme's.

I present what Every Jedi should've been at a minimum; the Baseline Jedi Knight.

Jedi Knight of the Republic

As a side, stray thought, I always wondered what Jedi Explorers would be like. They can't be Too powerful, but also can't be too un-jedi like. So, my Jedi Explorer...

Jedi Outer Rim Explorer

I'm leaning towards the knight, but I like both ....

Cheers,

surf

General_Grievous
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:17:56 PM

Edit: removed because I'm going with grievous hahaha
surf_rider56
Posted: Tuesday, November 28, 2017 9:27:36 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
Fine surf is this more what you want?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28480/droideka

This is the droideka from the Clone Wars!

Actually, I Liked Grievous .... I was only Teasing you about making a ... Duh ... Grievous; but if anybody would know what he did, or was, it would be You! Cool
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 3:15:07 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
General_Grievous wrote:
Fine surf is this more what you want?

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28480/droideka

This is the droideka from the Clone Wars!

Actually, I Liked Grievous .... I was only Teasing you about making a ... Duh ... Grievous; but if anybody would know what he did, or was, it would be You! Cool

Hahaha can't miss an opportunity to showcase my general hahaha
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 5:38:21 AM

I think for this week I shall enter one of my favorite characters. It's an older custom of mine so luckily since we aren't taking other characters into account the cost should be fairly balanced.

Sylvar
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 9:35:15 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28482/yoda--jedi-general

work in process. but i did add the 30 base damage as I see lightsaber swipes by masters more deadly than other attacks.
AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, November 29, 2017 10:27:33 AM

Guys I deleted my previous character and that's mu new stuff
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28483/galen-marek--jedi
surf_rider56
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 8:26:28 AM

sssss ... sssss ... sssss ... so quiet, you can hear a womp rat fart ...
blemelisk
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 5:30:30 PM

Incoming controversy!

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28484/baze-malbus--true-to-form-

I made him how I remember him able to mow down storm troopers and their various elite forms with ease GMA with triple twin cause...well he moves and kills lots of troopers. He is missed a good bit by shots towards him thus evade, he just basically dies but stays up long enough to continue fighting (thus the evade death type ability), he kills targets while missing his own people in the way (sniper), opportunist to help him one shot some of the stronger troopers, rarely if ever misses thus his high attack, decent defense and HP, base 20 damage for the heavier weapon he is carrying, etc. Then some synergies with Chirrut. Note the tweaked Twin Attack. BlooMilk

Then I gave him his last stand ability. Made it a force power as it was well, as it should be from what happens in the movie, (I am one with the Force, the Force is with me.) Made it VERY powerful to give him one last stand to take out more troopers and then just as in the movie, he dies.

With all that said, this character likely shouldnt exist in his current form in our current game. But then this CCC has nothing to do with creating a character for our current game. It is all about creating the character as close to the source as possible. I think we can all agree that Baze mowed down a hell of a lot of troopers, even while moving around. and well, that is exactly what this guy can do. BlooMilk
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 1, 2017 10:28:28 PM

Shoot Surf they are both so good I don't know what to say. Your Jedi basic is literally what they should have always been but also kind of feels like a battlemaster. Your explorer is super interesting and new though. I think for the spirit of the contest go with the Basic Jedi though as it's what they should have been
spryguy1981
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 6:48:33 AM

Throw something fun and off the wall up here.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28487/lieutenant-solo-on-tauntaun
NewGuy117
Posted: Saturday, December 2, 2017 2:35:26 PM

Thought id join in lol Here is Darth Bane during his time at the Academy

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/28488/bane--academy-deserter
Lord_Ball
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 5:50:22 AM

1 Surf - (I'm guessing your Knight is the submission) As a reboot this makes a fine baseline of which to compare all jedi
2 Spry - definitely a bit off the wall, but since this competition is about rebooting things in a sense, a creative new direction isn't unwarranted.
3 NewGuy117
surf_rider56
Posted: Monday, December 4, 2017 6:59:26 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
1 Surf - (I'm guessing your Knight is the submission) As a reboot this makes a fine baseline of which to compare all jedi

It is indeed my entry. Thanks.