RegisterDonateLogin

The other Chosen One.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

The Last Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Options
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:19:50 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/27/2008
Posts: 739
Location: Los Angeles, California
Let the countdown commence!!!!!!!!! I am going to see The Last Jedi premiere double feature, starting with The Force Awakens, immediately followed by the premiere of The Last Jedi, in IMAX, here in Los Angeles, CA, in t-minus 3 hours 40 minutes 29 seconds and counting. Super pumped can't wait!!!!!!!!! May the Force be with us all................🗿
kobayashimaru
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 3:38:52 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 8/26/2011
Posts: 1,059
and thoughts afterwards?
this is why we need like a 'spoiler partition' - in part, to truncate a post,
and in part, to discuss stuff folks havent seen yet
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:39:18 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/27/2008
Posts: 739
Location: Los Angeles, California
Here inside the IMAX theater. Just finished The Force Awakens. Looks spectacular on IMAX! T-minus 20 minutes and 30 seconds until the premiere of The Last Jedi!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
DarthMaim
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:47:24 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 7/27/2008
Posts: 739
Location: Los Angeles, California
Really fun watching The Force Awakens again. You notice the little things, that you miss the first time around. So I am glad I came to this double feature premiere ($40 a ticket). We all got a nice lanyard and exclusive big size "The Last Jedi" Topps trading cards! And bragging rights as one of the few to have seen it first ThumpUp
swinefeld
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 5:55:00 PM
Rank: Moderator
Groups: Member , Moderator

Joined: 1/30/2009
Posts: 5,989
Location: Southern Illinois
kobayashimaru wrote:
and thoughts afterwards?
this is why we need like a 'spoiler partition' - in part, to truncate a post,
and in part, to discuss stuff folks havent seen yet


Adding **SPOILERS!!!** to the front of a thread title goes a long way.
Those who choose to read anyway were warned. Wink
jen'ari
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 9:27:04 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,321
Well it is amazing!
Spell binding, so many great moments. Epic moments and shots
Even a few good lines that are instantly memorable and feel so natural to the original.
Which is something that has been missing.
shmi15
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 10:28:32 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 921
FANTASTIC!!!! Wow! I expect so much from the SWM creators from this movie. There is SOSOSOSOSOSOSO much to use. Drop everything you are doing with any set, and make us The Last Jedi pieces!

Fanboying it all the way! Loved it! lol
Caedus
Posted: Thursday, December 14, 2017 11:57:26 PM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 621
I grade it a C-/D+. It was better than Episode 7, 1, and 2.
shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 12:20:08 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 921
Caedus wrote:
I grade it a C-/D+. It was better than Episode 7, 1, and 2.



You sound like someone stuck in the 70's. I hate people who hate things just because. Its such a Millennial thing to do





Edit- Hate is a strong word. So I really really don't like people who hate things just because.
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 1:18:17 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 1/8/2010
Posts: 2,736
Loved it, but so much happened in this movie. Wow. And yes tons of new source material for SWM! Many CCC contests to come....
Binx
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 3:28:08 AM
Rank: Human Force Adept
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/6/2011
Posts: 10
I didn't really liked it that much. Characters were well-crafted, humor was there, but story was ripped from original trilogy in the good bits and the rest was a bit of a mess. No new ideas. Still, looking forward to the Obi-Wan spin-off, more than 3rd part of the new trilogy anyway.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 4:38:59 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,321
Binx wrote:
I didn't really liked it that much. Characters were well-crafted, humor was there, but story was ripped from original trilogy in the good bits and the rest was a bit of a mess. No new ideas. Still, looking forward to the Obi-Wan spin-off, more than 3rd part of the new trilogy anyway.


I felt the complete opposite about the ESB, it had similarities but it was following the "newer Hope" so it had to have some of the same elements.
It went a very unique direction, away from ESB. But yes some elements are the same, but like I said, they had to be because of where the movie started.

Also Luke was perfect, I am a master at seeing things I don't like, there was not a single thing I can think of that I did not like about Luke in this film.
Binx
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 5:10:01 AM
Rank: Human Force Adept
Groups: Member

Joined: 12/6/2011
Posts: 10
jen'ari wrote:
I felt the complete opposite about the ESB, it had similarities but it was following the "newer Hope" so it had to have some of the same elements.
It went a very unique direction, away from ESB. But yes some elements are the same, but like I said, they had to be because of where the movie started.

I was thinking about more than just ESB :) Luke was really great, as i said imo characters where solid.

I guess i'm a hipster star wars fan who likes Rogue One (commonly considered to be a cashgrab) the most out of all 3 new movies :). I like how they wanted to make a war movie set in Star Wars universe with a sort of "Saving Private Ryan's landing on Normandy" feel in the last act.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 6:50:03 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 621
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
I grade it a C-/D+. It was better than Episode 7, 1, and 2.



You sound like someone stuck in the 70's. I hate people who hate things just because. Its such a Millennial thing to do





Edit- Hate is a strong word. So I really really don't like people who hate things just because.


You hate (don't sugar coat it, that's the millennial thing to do) anyone that doesn't share your ideas. It's ok though, not everyone agrees.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:17:58 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 621
I wasn't all bad. Adam Driver kills it playing Kylo Ren. He is exactly what I thought Jacen Solo would be had they gone that direction. Daisy Ridley is excellent playing Rey as well. The also work very well together. The reason for my grade is the wastefulness in the storyline, the forced drug-out humor, and the fact that it felt like a Disney movie without the chorus lines.
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 7:55:55 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,321
Caedus wrote:
I wasn't all bad. Adam Driver kills it playing Kylo Ren. He is exactly what I thought Jacen Solo would be had they gone that direction. Daisy Ridley is excellent playing Rey as well. The also work very well together. The reason for my grade is the wastefulness in the storyline, the forced drug-out humor, and the fact that it felt like a Disney movie without the chorus lines.


Everyone I have no idea what is being referenced above. So if you have not seen it, go into with an open mind.

Kylo Ren did not only kill it, he was perfect, the things he did were insanely crazy and incredibly perfect for what we know about the Force and history of light vs dark.

I saw zero wastefulness in the story. Something I thought the entire time. Everything had a purpose. The Humor also had a purpose and is the best humor in a Star Wars film ever. The emotion, seriousness, and exasperation of the story line means it cannot feel like a Disney movie in the slightest. Very very deep, very very raw as well. I think it was what we read come to life!
shmi15
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:06:28 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/19/2010
Posts: 921
Caedus wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
I grade it a C-/D+. It was better than Episode 7, 1, and 2.



You sound like someone stuck in the 70's. I hate people who hate things just because. Its such a Millennial thing to do





Edit- Hate is a strong word. So I really really don't like people who hate things just because.


You hate (don't sugar coat it, that's the millennial thing to do) anyone that doesn't share your ideas. It's ok though, not everyone agrees.





False, I recanted my hate. And I'm sure your complaints will be something like. "It reminds me to much of the old ones" and " the humor was forced" or "that's not how I would imagine MY Luke being!"

I read the Legends books, they were good, but its time to accept they don't exist. So quit trying to compare them
Deaths_Baine
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 8:09:48 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/31/2010
Posts: 1,507
only one word for this movie.....perfection....


only one word for the inevitable customs the v-set designers make---- uncharacteristic
Caedus
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 9:01:49 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 4/20/2015
Posts: 621
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
Caedus wrote:
I grade it a C-/D+. It was better than Episode 7, 1, and 2.



You sound like someone stuck in the 70's. I hate people who hate things just because. Its such a Millennial thing to do





Edit- Hate is a strong word. So I really really don't like people who hate things just because.


You hate (don't sugar coat it, that's the millennial thing to do) anyone that doesn't share your ideas. It's ok though, not everyone agrees.





False, I recanted my hate. And I'm sure your complaints will be something like. "It reminds me to much of the old ones" and " the humor was forced" or "that's not how I would imagine MY Luke being!"

I read the Legends books, they were good, but its time to accept they don't exist. So quit trying to compare them


Stop assuming what I meant or what I'll say and getting your parrots to jump on the boards to defend your points. It's ok if we don't agree, the world will keep spinning. Go back to your mindless complaining. You HATE people that have an open mind. ( no need for the cowardly and sheepish recant) It's ok to say what you feel, after all they are your feelings. The only time you and your Posse are on the boards is to complain about someone or something. May the Force be with You
jen'ari
Posted: Friday, December 15, 2017 9:33:09 AM
Rank: Advanced Bloo Milk Member
Groups: Member

Joined: 5/3/2014
Posts: 1,321
Caedus wrote:


Stop getting your parrots to jump on the boards to defend your points. . The only time you and your Posse are on the boards is to complain about someone or something.


parrot?
I am guessing this refers to TN.
TN doesnt work that way Caedus. I support when I see a need to support because it fits my views. That's it. I have not supported Shmi15 in any of this. Do you feel attacked? do you want us to stop posting our opinions? would that make you feel better.

Maybe I should post "I respect your opinion but I disagree is it ok if I post why I disagree?" and wait for permission before doing so.

I brought up that I have a different view than yours and I feel yours is wrong. maybe it is you who hate open mindedness.

I could care less about your quibble with shmi15.


I would like to mention that I was on the boards saying how amazing the film was, you are the one complaining about it.

Users browsing this topic
Guest


Forum Jump
You cannot post new topics in this forum.
You cannot reply to topics in this forum.
You cannot delete your posts in this forum.
You cannot edit your posts in this forum.
You cannot create polls in this forum.
You cannot vote in polls in this forum.

Main Forum RSS : RSS

Bloo Milk Theme Created by shinja
Powered by Yet Another Forum.net.
Copyright © 2003-2006 Yet Another Forum.net. All rights reserved.