The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

World Vassal Regional 2018 Sign up and Reporting Thread Options
HoneHeron
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 7:30:13 PM
Groups: Member

TimmerB123 wrote:
shmi15 wrote:
If it comes down to a roll off... Why wouldn't you 2 just play a game? I mean, its an online tournament, and if the 2 of you were able to get a time set up really fast, it would be much more epic, than a Vassal roll off... Just a thought if the tie does get that crazy, lol.

Fully agree!

I'll even take it one step further - most of the restrictions we have in general are tailor made for live tournaments (with time constraints being a big part of that).

We shouldn't have time limits on games for Vassal. Let's play the game out and see who actually wins. (Or at very least extend the time limit)

Back in the day (cue the music) - it was so much more fun concentrating on actually playing the game, and not just playing fast. The meta was so much more open because there are strong squads that simply don't play fast enough, so they are not tournament viable. We could kick back, have a beer, conversate, and play the game we love, without having to be obscessed about only playing fast.

Now days I feel like a jerk when an opponent genuinely is being nice and conversing with me and I have to remind them to speed up. It's just not as fun, that's the bottom line.

We have the opportunity to go back to that with extended timeline vassal tournies (not all taking place in one day). People can actually enjoy cammeraderie between fellow players, and not be forced to simply concentrate on how fast you can play.

In most games that "go to time", 15 minutes more is all that is really needed. 90 minute limit for vassal tournies could solve all of this.

Added bonus - you will have to worry about ridiculous tie-breakers less often, because there will be less 2pt victories.

Luckily we won't have to worry about that in this tournament, because the guys with a 2-2 record will not be advancing to the final 4. 3-1 or 4-0 battling it out - as it should be!

Onto the final 4 gentlemen!

I would love if a 90 min limit for vassal tournaments was implemented! During vassal play is the only time I get to talk with all of the US crew, and it would be nice to get to know you all a little more.
TimmerB123
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:02:57 PM

HoneHeron wrote:
TimmerB123 wrote:

In most games that "go to time", 15 minutes more is all that is really needed. 90 minute limit for vassal tournies could solve all of this.

I would love if a 90 min limit for vassal tournaments was implemented! During vassal play is the only time I get to talk with all of the US crew, and it would be nice to get to know you all a little more.

The next time I run a vassal tournament, I will make it 90 min rounds. There's really no reason not to.
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Monday, May 7, 2018 8:37:22 PM

I would totally be down for that :)
HoneHeron
Posted: Wednesday, May 9, 2018 12:50:10 AM

Unfortunately DarthRattlehead and I were unable to get our game in. We had scheduled it for yesterday, I had to cancel and reschedule for tonight. Rich couldn't make it, and we won't have time before the deadline to get it in. I'm not sure how this will work with points (not that it will change anything), but as it was my cancellation that caused it, I am happy to concede if that's what happens in this scenario.
Caedus
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:46:27 AM

Semis are posted!!!

1. thereisnotry vs 4. TimmerB123

2. spryguy1981 vs 3. DarthFrenchy
Darth_Frenchy
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 5:55:05 AM

Rematch!! Here we go!!!
kezzamachineII
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 3:20:16 PM

Can't finding the standings anywhere...
General_Grievous
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 6:33:08 PM

kezzamachineII wrote:

First page several posts down, they got my points wrong in the last round, it says 0 in the game for last round but my overall total is correct at 5.

Fun playing with you guys and getting to chat with the guys I did. Feel like I finally met a few of you! Good luck to be final 4!
Caedus
Posted: Friday, May 11, 2018 6:57:19 PM

General_Grievous wrote:
kezzamachineII wrote:

First page several posts down, they got my points wrong in the last round, it says 0 in the game for last round but my overall total is correct at 5.

Fun playing with you guys and getting to chat with the guys I did. Feel like I finally met a few of you! Good luck to be final 4!

Sorry Grievous. Here you go Kezza

Standings after Swiss

thereisnotry (4-0) 12pts
spryguy1981 (3-1) 9pts
DarthFrenchy (3-1) 9pts
TimmerB123 (3-1) 8pts
Flying Arrow (2-2) 8pts
urbanjedi (2-2) 8pts
Caedus (2-2) 7pts
General Grievous (2-2) 5pts
UrbanShmi (2-2) 5pts
DarkDracul (1-3) 4pts