RegisterDonateLogin

Most likely unavailable at your FLGS.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

What If? Options
ChadTheBad
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:51:13 AM
Groups: Member

What if you could alter something within the game? Be it a lone piece or pieces, a rule or two, or even an entire faction. Well now you have the chance to lay your thoughts out within this thread. Please note, anything to do with General Obi-Wan Kenobi should be kept to yourself as to avoid provoking a flame war and/or trolls.

I'd errata the Mustafarian Flea Rider and Mustafarian Soldier's faction from Fringe to Seperatists. Same with the Telosian Tank Droid, Juhani and T3-M4, but the faction change would be to the Old Republic not the Separatists.

Lastly, I'd errata the Black Sun crime syndicate into it's own faction. A yellow background to the following symbol (http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/File:Blacksun.svg) would do quite nicely. Of course the Abyssin Black Sun Thug, Guri, Prince Xizor, Rodian Black Sun Vigo, Aqualish Assassin, Bith Black Sun Vigo, Human Blaster-for-Hire, Klatooinian Hunter, Quarren Bounty Hunter, Twi'lek Black Sun Vigo and Xizor would be the recipients of said errata. The special ability Black Sun would be replaced with Grenades 10, Xizor would receive a new ability titled Prince Xizor, so that Guri's special Bodyguard would work with both Falleen pieces and Xizor's Fringe Reserves would become Black Sun Reserves.
Topher_Champion_Of_The_Force
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:45:11 PM

unleash the force affects vong.
and less dumb people would play.
StriderRe80
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 1:58:34 PM

darth maul on speeder and lukes landspeeder gain hoover

hoover- rough terain and low objects does not effect movement but will still provide attacks of opportunity
spryguy1981
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:02:41 PM

I'd Errata Revenge of the Sith Obi-Wan Kenobi's commander effect to make it synergy instead of a CE so that he could benefit from GMY and others.
joelker41
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 2:06:21 PM

General Dodonna was never invented.
dnemiller
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 3:31:10 PM

joelker41 wrote:
General Dodonna was never invented.

LOL now that one is a good one.

If I could do anything I would make it where I could review certain things say like every 6 months and try help the game stay fair at the competitive level.

Oh crap!!! I already do that.

Really I could not ask for more than what I do now. I am happy to be a service to the DCI version of the game even if I am not the most popular guy on earth right now.
Yames2.0
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:13:56 PM

i would put warrior in the glossary so subalterns could be more useful
twinrevans
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:19:29 PM

I love the idea of creating a "Black Sun" faction. Could open up some very cool characters.

Personally, I'd give the Vong ANTI-Affinity to droids, and the DROID HUNTER SA, since, after all, THEY HATED THEM!!!

Oh yeah... since I just finished Darth Bane, Path of Destruction, I'd create a Lord Kaan character with the following force power:

Thought Bomb (Force 7, Replaces Turn, Range 6; All characters with a force rating are defeated, save 16)

Del Muerte
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 5:33:50 PM

Were to begin General Dodonna and Princess Leia would not be.
GGDAC would work for separatists droids only.
Lancers would have base 10 damage.
All unique jedi in clone strike and revenge of the sith would would have double attack. JWM would cost O 5 more points and/or unique.
Rex would cost less and only do 10 damage.
Imperial entanglement would be a little bit less of a redo set
New Thrawn would give cunning not opportunist and a different movement breaker.
Ugnaught Droid Destroyer would have lower attack, and defense(why are they so good vs troopers).
More cheap door control for everyone.
Reven cost less.
probable theirs more but most are hind sight bias sight bias stuff

Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 6:49:41 PM

[quote=twinrevans]I love the idea of creating a "Black Sun" faction. Could open up some very cool characters.

Personally, I'd give the Vong ANTI-Affinity to droids, and the DROID HUNTER SA, since, after all, THEY HATED THEM!!!

Oh yeah... since I just finished Darth Bane, Path of Destruction, I'd create a Lord Kaan character with the following force power:

Thought Bomb (Force 7, Replaces Turn, Range 6; All characters with a force rating are defeated, save 16)

i like yer idea twin, but in path of destruction, in took many sith masters to get that thought bomb off. and lord Kaan was a punk, he couldnt get an attack like that off by himself. if you have other sith characters in yer squad, all those characters can pool the same 7 FPs, to get that ability to work. make the range 12 too, and keep the save 16, but on a save, you still take 40 damage. that thought bomb was one of the most awesome displays of power ive ever read about in a SW book. you have to read the next book now, to see what that thought bomb did to Bane. lets just say, he took 40 damage.

Zalkrie
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:27:39 PM

dnemiller wrote:
Really I could not ask for more than what I do now. I am happy to be a service to the DCI version of the game even if I am not the most popular guy on earth right now.

Dean, don't worry about your popularity.....you are doing what is best for the game and helping to prolong the game. Your popularity will go up and down with this, but the people that really care about the game understand what you are doing. ThumbsUp
Draconarius
Posted: Tuesday, July 21, 2009 10:51:25 PM

No one wants to fix He Who Has Been Banned? Blink
DarthJak
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 3:46:06 AM

how 'bout if you make a save of 20 vs grenadesBomb , you can throw it back.
joverfield
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 4:33:50 AM

DarthJak wrote:

this would be very interesting....i like it
twinrevans
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:09:39 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
i like yer idea twin, but in path of destruction, in took many sith masters to get that thought bomb off. and lord Kaan was a punk, he couldnt get an attack like that off by himself. if you have other sith characters in yer squad, all those characters can pool the same 7 FPs, to get that ability to work. make the range 12 too, and keep the save 16, but on a save, you still take 40 damage. that thought bomb was one of the most awesome displays of power ive ever read about in a SW book. you have to read the next book now, to see what that thought bomb did to Bane. lets just say, he took 40 damage.

Going to Borders today to get "Rule of Two". Can't wait...

I did think about that after I posted, because Kaan was a punk and couldn't pull it off on his own. I also wanted to come up with a FP like "Channel the Dark Side" for Bane, where if 1 or more characters with Force Lightning were w/in 6, he could use a 50 Dmg Force Lightning that only required sight for targeting - sort of a sith version of Force Push 4.

Also, since I'm thinking about force lightning, how's about a FP like:

Lightsaber Absorb (Force 1: When this character is hit with force/sith lightning, it takes no damage with a save of 11).

twinrevans
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:11:12 AM

DarthJak wrote:

Totally using that in our RPG. Awesome idea!!!
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 5:47:07 AM

dnemiller wrote:

I think you made the right call and the game is better for it. I do not think there is much I would change. Maybe I would give Han and Chewie synergy, but that is it.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 8:26:08 AM

twinrevans wrote:

I did think about that after I posted, because Kaan was a punk and couldn't pull it off on his own. I also wanted to come up with a FP like "Channel the Dark Side" for Bane, where if 1 or more characters with Force Lightning were w/in 6, he could use a 50 Dmg Force Lightning that only required sight for targeting - sort of a sith version of Force Push 4.

Lightsaber Absorb (Force 1: When this character is hit with force/sith lightning, it takes no damage with a save of 11).

Now yer talkin with absorb. that would be great with a new Vapaad Windu. A new Bane would be sweet...
Id give him a FP called Lightning Bomb (kinda like TFU)-allies and enemies within 6 squares of this character take 60 damage, save 16 for activation, including bane (when you read the rule of two, you will see why.)
and since we are on the topic of new abilities and characters, howabout CASSUS FETT ALREADY!!??
give him **master tactician (cuz he was the brains behind the mandalorian takeover, b4 Revan defeated Mandalore).
**Lightsaber Duelist( he killed many many jedi)
**HP 120
**defense 21
**att 10
**damage 20
**cost-80pts
**Double twin Att.
**opportunist
**Mandalorian Conscription(cuz he was the mandalorian recruiter)
**Cortsis Armor 16(when this character is attacked by an adjacent enemy with a force rating, he takes no damage with a save 16, and the attacker loses its use of multiple attacks, if it has any, for the rest of the round)
**CE-Mandalorian allies gain Oppurtunist.
You make Cassus a beast because he is a Beast, and it would be well deserved, because, well, THEY NEED TO MAKE HIM ALREADY!!
dahatchetjeedi
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:42:49 PM

twinrevans wrote:

I like the lightsaber absorb idea...
only I think that should apply to all force users with a lightsaber.
lunchnavy
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:03:29 AM

what i would fix is stop banning figs.

How ever i would love to see a colne tank kind of like Han in carbon adds 10 points to the fig and you can have 2 diffrent lukes or vaders but one has to cost less then the other.
now i can use 2 of my 30 lukes