RegisterDonateLogin

The fastest hunk of junk in the galaxy.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

CCC Week 96 (Make a WOTC piece better) Options
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 5:42:30 AM
Groups: Member

This weeks CCC, is what the V sets were originally about. Create a piece whose main function is to make a WOTC piece better. Rules are as follows.

1. Your piece can not cost more than 35.
2. You must have 1 created Special Ability/Force Power.
3. The piece must be flavorful to the character it represents, and it must also make sense to the piece it helps.
4. State the WOTC piece you are making more playable.
5. Can not have more than 7 SA.Fp ( unique, and Force X do not count as an abilitiy)

1. You may update any existing versions you already have and/or create a new one. You may update/create several versions of the character but you must ultimately select 1 you wish to run with. (this must be done by the schedule below)

2. Place a hyperlink in this forum to make it easier to find your character. You can just post the stats or image here but if changes are needed it would be easier (and save space) if you just used a Hyperlink (If you don't know how to post Hyperlinks in a forum setting please ask and we will help you. It's not hard )

3. Voting works as follows, pick your three favorite customs based on accuracy to the character, design, balance or whatever you decide makes the best incarnation of the challenge character. First place receives 3 points, 2nd place receives 2 points, and 3rd place receives 1 point.

4. You do not have to enter the contest in order to vote. But unless you enter you must have at least 10 forum posts.

5. To make things fair you must vote in order to win the contest. Try to give feedback if possible to help designers out. You must choose three characters entered in the contest and you may not rate or vote for your own character.

6. The winner will be decided by how many points they receive. Ties will be broken by most 1st place votes, then if still tied, 2nd place votes and then 3rd place votes. If still tied, then the outcome is a tie.

7. You may not change or update the entered character AFTER the deadline.

You will have until Sat, March 10th, 2018 @8pm EST to get your submissions in. Anything submitted after this point will not be included in the voting.

Voting will start at 8pm on Saturday evening and end at 11pm EST on Monday, March 19th, 2018..
At the conclusion of the voting the scores will be tallied and the winner will start a new topic with their choice of theme.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:39:06 AM

Right in my wheelhouse! (most of the time I try to design pieces to get the WOTC pieces on the table). That said does it have to be character specific or could it be more generic (i.e. A group of Uniques- such as GG's Vader last round, Clones, Battle Droids, etc)
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:51:15 AM

.... didn't we just do this .... ok, Commander Effect; part of the 7, yes or no? .... and haven't we always included melee as Not counting as part of the ability limits?
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:43:10 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
.... didn't we just do this .... ok, Commander Effect; part of the 7, yes or no? .... and haven't we always included melee as Not counting as part of the ability limits?

CE counts against you, as does Melee. And I don't remember doing a "make a WOTC piece better" week? If we did I missed it :(
jen'ari
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 7:45:20 AM

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31894/obi-wan-kenobi--new-master

Trying to help the 47 point General Skywalker.

This is Obi-Wan post Maul pre-Dooku

Like in between TPM and AotC.

I think it helps pretty much all the Skywalker's WOTC put out. Including General Skywalker 47 point.

EDIT: for em to understand. Is our design supposed to help exactly 1 WOTC piece? or one character?
as in mine helps different WOTC versions of Anakin. Am I supposed to choose just one like Anakin on STAP?
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:02:01 AM

jen'ari wrote:
http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31894/obi-wan-kenobi--new-master

Trying to help the 47 point General Skywalker.

This is Obi-Wan post Maul pre-Dooku

Like in between TPM and AotC.

I think it helps pretty much all the Skywalker's WOTC put out. Including General Skywalker 47 point.

EDIT: for em to understand. Is our design supposed to help exactly 1 WOTC piece? or one character?
as in mine helps different WOTC versions of Anakin. Am I supposed to choose just one like Anakin on STAP?

As long as it is focused on helping a WOTC piece thats all that matters. But for example, I wouldn't want someone to try and make Mace Windu, Jedi Master good, but then it also makes Mace LOTLS good. For you, making any/all WOTC Ani's good is perfect, but try to not make Anakin "The Chosen One" better. Does that make sense?
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 8:39:41 AM

I made this about 7-8 years ago when I created my Tatooine sub factions (with Cantina, Jawa's Tatooine townfol and Tuskens.) There are a Lot of Tuskens and even with Hett, they were barely playable ...

Tusken Shaman

Back in the day, the "new" Tusken Chieftain didn't seem to go far enough. This guy helps the Tusken non uniques (me making a non unique, what a surprise) and while it doesn't cure all the Tusken problems, it helps a bit.

Cheers,

surf

AlexTheGreat
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:15:55 AM

Guys can anyone tell me if melee attack counts as 1 of the 7 SA???
CorranHornsux123
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:18:05 AM

Here is my entry He helps The Exile and Kreia survive a bit longer.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/16097/atton-rand--ebon-hawk-pilot
General_Grievous
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:18:55 AM

Well shoot if I don't get a chance to make a new one I'll just reenter Vader again hahaha. Nah I'll find something fun.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:22:43 AM

AlexTheGreat wrote:
Guys can anyone tell me if melee attack counts as 1 of the 7 SA???

shmi15 wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

CE counts against you, as does Melee. And I don't remember doing a "make a WOTC piece better" week? If we did I missed it :(

There's your answer .....
shmi15
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:37:44 AM

Quickly before work

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31896/darth-malak--sith-apprentice

To help make the 88 Point Revan better
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:45:07 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
I made this about 7-8 years ago when I created my Tatooine sub factions (with Cantina, Jawa's Tatooine townfol and Tuskens.) There are a Lot of Tuskens and even with Hett, they were barely playable ...

Tusken Shaman

Back in the day, the "new" Tusken Chieftain didn't seem to go far enough. This guy helps the Tusken non uniques (me making a non unique, what a surprise) and while it doesn't cure all the Tusken problems, it helps a bit.

there are definitely some technical issues with your card ("the same Species", "named Tusken", to name a few) "name contains Tusken" would probably work well for Species Pride - actually you might as well just use synergy for that really. Force Curse is cool, but seems odd without tuskens having an ability that would require a save, I guess it would work against parry/etc, but would be more fun if the Shaman/Tuskens had a save roll inducing ability.
spryguy1981
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 9:55:57 AM

Boost to the WotC Kyp Durron.

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31899/dorsk-81

Creating him to boost the WotC Kyp Durron. Trying to represent Dorsk 81 as true to the character as I can. Serenity represents him drawing deeply on the force to repel Pellaeon's fleet as does Push 3 since its a multi-character power, while Force Exhaustion represents him dying as a result of drawing too deeply. Intuition helps him and Kyp set up their pushes, and Empathy helps Kyp Durron's Savage.
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:28:11 AM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Tusken Shaman

there are definitely some technical issues with your card ("the same Species", "named Tusken", to name a few) "name contains Tusken" would probably work well for Species Pride - actually you might as well just use synergy for that really. Force Curse is cool, but seems odd without tuskens having an ability that would require a save, I guess it would work against parry/etc, but would be more fun if the Shaman/Tuskens had a save roll inducing ability.

Interesting ... When I created Species Pride, there were only 12 WOTC figures with synergy and only 3 Faction with those characters; 8 years later, everybody and his mother has it ..... I've streamlined it; regarding Curse - it says "Cancel a save reroll by an enemy within 6 squares." ..... but it doesn't have to have anything to do with a Tusken.
Lord_Ball
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 11:52:50 AM

surf_rider56 wrote:
regarding Curse - ist says "Cancel a save reroll by an enemy within 6 squares." ..... but it doesn't have to have anything to do with a Tusken.

I get that, what I meant is that unless the enemy has evade/parry/etc it would be a useless power in an all tusken army (which I find unfortunate).
surf_rider56
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 12:11:32 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:
regarding Curse - ist says "Cancel a save reroll by an enemy within 6 squares." ..... but it doesn't have to have anything to do with a Tusken.

I get that, what I meant is that unless the enemy has evade/parry/etc it would be a useless power in an all tusken army (which I find unfortunate).

Putting bandaids on small sub factions won't create an all-pretty much any sub faction army. I'm just trying to make them playable, not create a Jihadi army with Hett at its front Cool
juice man
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 1:36:57 PM

Lord_Ball wrote:
surf_rider56 wrote:

Tusken Shaman

surf, there are no characters named "Tusken". There are ones whose name contains "tusken". Aside from that, nice piece.
EmporerDragon
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 3:20:04 PM

A tech guy to give some love to the long-forgotten Bail Organa and his Alderaan Troopers:

http://www.bloomilk.com/Custom/31907/alderaan-trooper-commander

Makes 'em into a swarm squad that needs to utilize combined fire to be effective.
blemelisk
Posted: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:01:26 PM

I have chosen 2. I looked at the characters with some of the worse ratings and chose the Rebel Commando and the Saleucami Trooper. I have made a new ability for both.

I wish for input on which you would rather see of the two. Both have new and interesting new abilities (one each) that should most def make them both far more playable and more interesting.