RegisterDonateLogin

Will consume you, as it did Obi-Wan's apprentice.

Welcome Guest Active Topics | Members

Poll Question : Which of the upcoming sets are you excited for?
Choice Votes Statistics
Galaxy at War 25 30.120481 %
Dark Times 38 45.783132 %
Masters of the Force 20 24.096385 %

Which Upcoming Set? Options
Sithborg
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:34:23 PM
Groups: Member , Moderator, Rules Guy

Cad Bane was what the Clone Wars needed. Sure, the heroes have a HUGE stock of characters without even getting into new additions, but the bad guys don't have very many. The Seperatists really needed to be fleshed out, and to have some victories. Asajj and Dooku are a bit hit or miss, and frankly, old hat. Cad Bane made an interesting intro into the series, gave us just enough to want me wanting to know more. Still want Commando Droids more.
defender390
Posted: Wednesday, July 22, 2009 2:39:53 PM
Groups: Member

Maybe I am just a bit biased. I am not a big fan of the new show. I find myself only liking th episodes that focus on the clone troopers. I absolutely detest Ahsoka, so much so that I traded her miniature away because I do not believe she is worthy to stand in the ranks of my grand army. I will hold my final judgement of Cad Bane until we see more of him. I second the commando droids.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:04:03 AM

defender390 wrote:
Maybe I am just a bit biased. I am not a big fan of the new show. I find myself only liking th episodes that focus on the clone troopers. I absolutely detest Ahsoka, so much so that I traded her miniature away because I do not believe she is worthy to stand in the ranks of my grand army. I will hold my final judgement of Cad Bane until we see more of him. I second the commando droids.

i stand with Defender on the show.
not only is it "kiddy". its BOGUS!
anakin having an apprentice is just wrong....
does not fit in the continuum
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 7:18:08 AM

I don't know, there have been some amazing episodes for a "kids" show. But hey, Batman TAS was a kids show as well. I enjoy this show, so I am excited. I can see why some would not like it though.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 8:37:24 AM

Batman TAS was a great show. i will start to like the SW if and when they Kill Ahsoka.
if they are going to salvage any of the continuum of SW, they need to kill her, and i wont mind if its a horrible death that desintegration had its hand in....
defender390
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:31:37 AM

I liked Batman the Animated Series also. I do not see how Ahsoka can survive the Clone Wars. They only lasted three years and I do not think that gives enough time for her to be knighted. Unless she was knighted, they cannot explain why she was not in Revenge of the Sith. Maybe they will kill her off in a book after the show is over. I doubt they will kill her off in the show.
markedman247
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:32:30 AM

Mandalore Da Beast wrote:
Batman TAS was a great show. i will start to like the SW if and when they Kill Ahsoka.
if they are going to salvage any of the continuum of SW, they need to kill her, and i wont mind if its a horrible death that desintegration had its hand in....

Tell us how you really feel? Bomb

She could always just leave. Being a Jedi isn't for everyone.

But what's continuity when you have cash to be made.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 9:35:33 AM

AAAAAAAArgh!! I know....Sneaky
Sithborg
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:13:39 AM

If anything, Ahsoka's story fascinates me. What happens to her? Will she find out about Anakin's secret or his dark tendancies? Will she survive to become a Jedi Knight, only be find herself on the end of Vader's saber? <shrug> I don't mind her, and I find her apprenticeship makes for a really fascinating story for Anakin. Continuity should bend to good stories.
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:47:03 AM

youre right, but for the sake of the good story, it has to fit in the continuum, in order to keep the ebon flow of the story telling. in all honesty, i dont mind Ahsoka, what i do mind is that she is Anakins apprentice.
like when attack of the clones came out, i hated the fact that Boba Fett was a direct clone of Jango. not knowing who Jango was at the time, and watching him get his head removed from his body just made me angry.
after they did more stories on jango, i had no choice but to accept the fact, that yes, Boba Fett was a friggin clone.
how Fett being a clone in Legacy of the force series actually worked, for me anyway, in the continuum. the guy has cancer over 75% of his body( thanx to the ol Sarlacc), and because hes a direct clone of Jango, and filthy rich, he was able to pretty much reclone himself (his appendages and what not).
Take into consideration that what we are watching in the animated series, has already been written years ago with the old cartoon, comic books and novels.
all they are doing now, is re writing the whole thing.
defender390
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 11:49:16 AM

I do not like her because she is annoying. They seem to purposely write stories where she somehow ends up being right about everything even though she is not. She makes Anakin look good, and that is a problem. She also refers to Anakin as "Skyguy".
Glympse
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:01:57 PM

Dark Times. I am also sick of the whole Clone Wars facination. It's was cool the first couple shows and sets... but now its just overdone. Although, I do like to get a few more Seps to help strengthen them, we don't need more basic Clone Troopers, or Battle Droids... especially in sets of only 40 figures!!

I am also tired of remakes. Remakes of unnessessary figures that is. Like someone mentioned... no more Lukes, Vaders, Grievous's, or Palpatines. How about some remakes of Jacen, Jaina? Or what about Lowbacca, Vergere, Caseus Fett, or Greedo. Figures that were made way back when, and are worthless now. It's tiring to see some of the new figures now and days. Make new ones we need, and redo the old ones that need redoing!
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Thursday, July 23, 2009 12:18:17 PM

AMENThumbsUp
turkveal
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:40:10 AM

I'm excited for GAW but honestly i would be content the entire set if was NEW seps, i always feel like theres no variety in that faction, which regrettable is kinda bc there hasnt been much variety in that faction in the movies/shows.

The one fig they better make is a tactics driod, you see them leading armies all the time in the show, the seps could use a new droid commander.
Durge Dude
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 9:56:46 AM

Sithborg wrote:
If anything, Ahsoka's story fascinates me. What happens to her? Will she find out about Anakin's secret or his dark tendancies? Will she survive to become a Jedi Knight, only be find herself on the end of Vader's saber? <shrug> I don't mind her, and I find her apprenticeship makes for a really fascinating story for Anakin. Continuity should bend to good stories.

That cant happen because if she becomes a Knight Ani becomes a master and in Ep. 3 it spicifically says Ani is a Jedi Knight
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 10:01:43 AM

Durge Dude wrote:
Sithborg wrote:

That cant happen because if she becomes a Knight Ani becomes a master and in Ep. 3 it spicifically says Ani is a Jedi Knight

it could happen.
she could be knighted under a different master, like Obi wans trials after the death Qui Gon. Obi was then trained by Yoda and Mace Windu.
but thats not me saying that i support it by any means.
i still want her to die.Sneaky
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 1:48:06 PM

Where does it say that you become a Master when your apprentice becomes a Knight? Doesn't seem like the two have to be connected.
sharron
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:27:38 PM

defender390 wrote:
I do not like her because she is annoying. They seem to purposely write stories where she somehow ends up being right about everything even though she is not. She makes Anakin look good, and that is a problem. She also refers to Anakin as "Skyguy".

it makes me sick lol. "skyguy"??? gross. kill her off. .lololol
Mandalore Da Beast
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 2:45:00 PM

thats not what i said.
in order to become a master, a master and the council must knight you. hence why WAnikan became so angry when he found out he wasnt becoming a master. he was granted a seat on the council, and in order to be a member of the council, one must be a master. He was POed. he said "Its a Disgrace!" All Anakin did was become a spy for Sidious, and a Failed General to the Republic. Atleast in Revans case, he didnt Massacre Younglings.
now for ahsokas sake, she is an apprentice. an apprentice of WAnakin. who is not a master, and is an active apprentice of a master. Obi Wan.
someone asked if she would be knighted, and she would have to be knighted by someone other then WAnikan, for he is never a master, only when he becomes a sith. But there have been cases where apprentices have their apprenticeships transfered , I.E, Obi Wan finishing his apprenticeship with both Yoda and Mace Windu (because Qui-Gon got Poked by Maul. literally.), Quinlon Vos is another example, a general That got order 66 attacked, but survived. Not a Master though. he was the apprentice of some guy whos name i cant remember, in the star wars comic. later issues of republic, where Quilon becomes the "Infiltrator" (like the mini), and infiltrates Dooku. they never make him a master because he is a "darkside Liability"( His "Impulsive Momentum" would be a good example for his touchings of the darkside.)
Read Darth Bane: the rule of two (Revan is mentioned in it aswell, but mentioned even more in the Darth Bane: Path Of Destruction, the first book.)
if you want to know about How Sith Become Masters, that is.
Same thing for Jedi, for the real deal on Masters and apprentices.
Sithborg
Posted: Saturday, July 25, 2009 3:06:58 PM

You know, Obi-wan was a Padawan for maybe a day before Yoda and the council granted him Knighthood. My understanding from the movies all the "master" is involved is training and determining whether their apprentice is ready for the Jedi Trials. The Council determines who is Knighted. Ahsoka could very well be Knighted, as it does appear that she was a Padawan already when Anakin took over her training.